That one summer day

S E A S O N S

 

You stared at the photograph on top of your desk. It has been a while since you last looked at that photo. Soon enough, memories came flooding back as you sat down and clutched the photograph between your fingers. You smiled.

"You're were right Jihoon, the cherry blossoms do look brighter that day."

 

 

***

 

 

It was a lovely summer afternoon. The sun wasn't too overpowering so you and your friends decided to visit the nearest theme park around your area. It was around 2 o' clock in the afternoon so you have an hour to get ready since your friends decided that you would meet at 3 o' clock at your house.

 

You were rummaging through your closet, figuring out what to wear. 

 

"Should I wear a dress or should I just wear a blouse and shorts?" you said in front of your bed filled with various types of clothes and different shades of colors. 

 

After much delibration, you chose to wear something comfortable because knowing you, you'd probably run around the theme park. Your outfit consisted a dark 3/4 long sleeved crop top, paired with jean shorts and your trusty black pair of converse. 

 

"Mom!! Have you seen my green bag?" you said as you rushed downstairs to the living room.

 

"The one with the diamonds on the pockets?" she yelled from the kitchen.

 

"Yes that one. Have you seen it? Yongbin and Minah will be here any minute and I'm not even finished getting ready!"

 

You heard her chuckle, "It's at the coat rack near the door, where you always forget that you put it there."

 

You eyed the coat rack and saw the bag you were looking for, "Oh I found it! Thanks mom~"

 

And at that moment the doorbell rang.

 

You grinned and went to the kitchen, "I'll be going now mom~" You kissed you mother's cheek. "I'll be back before 9pm!"

 

She smiled and said, "Alright, be careful!"

 

"Alright mom~ Love you bye!" You yelled as you were opening the front door.

 

As soon as you were out the door you smiled at your friends. 

 

"Annyeong~" said your friends, grinning.

 

You chuckled, "I am so excited! It's been quite a while since I went to a theme park!" you squealed.

 

"Same here~ I can't wait to ride the rollercoasters!!" one of your friends, named Yongbin, excitedly said.

 

Minah, another one of your friends, chimed in "You guys go on rollercoasters, I'll be on the food stalls!" she said.

 

"Of course you'll be where the food is." You said.

 

We laughed.