Enigma

S E A S O N S

 

 

A/N;

Hello all you lovely people~ I was in a good mood today so I decided to make an update for you guys! I'll try my best to update this story once every other day hihi (ˊ•͈ ꇴ •͈ˋ) Btw, I suggest you listen to Oh My Girl's song "B612" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCa7EDl82BM ) while you read the story ^^ Anyway, here's another chapter for y'all! Hope you're all having a nice day! ✧٩(ˊωˋ*)و✧

(Italics = thoughts)

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Jihoon is complicated.

 

One minute he's smirking, ready to come up with witty insults to rile you up oh so early in the morning, and the next, he's smiling at you so gently, you swore you felt your heart do a few dozen frontflips from the margins of your ribcage.

 

Out of all people, why him?

 

Never a day passes by without you asking yourself that question over and over again. Out of all people to like, why did your stupid heart choose him? You could've chosen his other friends like Mingyu, Soonyoung, Joshua, heck you'd even consider Seungcheol if not for your friend fancying him for goodness sake! They're all nicer and more pleasant to be around with rather than the moody midget, (whom you're starting to think has man periods everyday cause of his weird moodswings) in front of you. 

 

But you didn't.

 

And as much as you'd like to fancy the friends you mentioned, you only saw them more as big brothers. Especially Seungcheol and Soonyoung. Those two were like the big brothers you never had, they always know how to cheer you up whenever you feel depressed and they were the first ones to know about your secret.

 

And besides, Minah has feelings for Seungcheol (and vice versa, shh) and Soonyoung's currently in a relationship with dancing.

 

Treading along the corridors of the school with the now unusually quiet guy beside you, a thought aburptly popped in your head:

 

You had absolutely no idea when you started liking the pale demon.

 

Perhaps it was when he first introduced himself to you, the way his eyes glistened along with his gorgeous pearly whites peeking from his smile, or maybe it was when awkward small talk became civil conversations, and civil conversations turned into playful debates and banters wherein Soonyoung always has to silence the both of you because whenever you speak to each other it's as if you're in your own little world and you'd notice that whenever he's shy, nervous, or embarrassed, his ears turn bright red instead of his cheeks. It's a trait of his that one might have to look closely to notice. In all honesty, you found it adorable.

 

To think that the cold-looking, aegyo-hater, poker faced Jihoon actually gets shy once in a while.

 

Or perhaps, it was when you felt his hands for the first time back at that horror ride. The way his hands were so soft and yet, strong at the same time. His hands gently holding on to yours while you held on to his with a death grip. 

 

You mentally sighed.

 

You wonder if he remembered you.

 

"So," he asked, snapping you out of your thoughts "what are those for?" he nodded at the stack of papers resting on your arms.

 

"It's new sheets for music class. I happened to pass by the faculty earlier and the teacher saw me and as class rep, she instructed me to photocopy papers to distribute later to the class." you shrugged.

 

"Ah I see." He slowly nodded, "One of the reasons why I don't want to be class rep." He suddenly took the papers from you and started carrying them. You were slightly taken aback by the gesture but quickly remembered that this was Jihoon. He was the epitome of mysteriousness, more so than Wonwoo.

 

"T-thanks." A pinkish hue lightly dusted your cheeks, "Yeah kind of, but I can handle it." You chuckled, "I still blame Soonyoung for making me class rep just because I'm a transfer student." 

 

He chuckled, "He just did himself a favor since he was class rep last school year before you came along. He despised being class rep. Teachers were always making him do errands."

 

"Seriously?! I didn't know that!" 

 

"Now you do."

 

"I'm going to kick him."

 

He laughed a hearty laugh, "That, I would like to see."

 

You smiled, you liked hearing him laugh. What's even better is that it was you who made him made him happy. If you weren't constantly bickering with each other, you had conversations like this. 

 

It was odd. 

 

Now that you realized, you only bickered with each other when you're with friends or when there's a lot of people around. But when you're alone like this, you actually get to talk to him normally, with a few lighthearted teasing here and there. 

 

During times like this, you get to know him more and at the same time it makes it even harder to suppress your ever growing feelings for him.

 

You glanced at him for a split second before looking forward as the two of you continued to walk to your class. 

 

Jihoon is, without a doubt, one hella confusing enigma.