Chapter 2

The Thorn in my Side

   Finishing the last cord on his guitar MinHyun looks up at Ren's entrance. Ren did not look happy. Knowing that Ren's fan girls would get upset when they saw the frown on his face MinHyun confronts Ren. "Why do you look so glum?" Ren throws himself onto a bean bag, "A girl called me 'miss'!" MinHyun chuckles,"Still going on about that? What's wrong with being called a girl?" Ren rolls his eyes, "You wouldn't understand." He sighs loudly. MinHyun pats him on the back, "Cheer up!"

The next day Ren forgot all about the matter. However, in the cafeteria of the rich school as he walked down the aisle of chairs, MinHyun, Baekho, Aron, and JR on either side he spots the girl. Ren's face goes tense. Sensing something was wrong, Ren's fangirls, who surrounded him like bodyguards, immediately caught on to what was troubling Ren. The leader of Ren's fan club, Kang Misa, approaches Ren, "Is someone bothering you?" Ren did not reply, but the sharp instinct of a devoted fan girl allowed Misa to sniff out the target. Instantly her eyes zoom onto the girl sitting by herself.

"It seems that someone has our Ren upset," she informs the other club members. Ren seats himself at a table, his friends joining him. "What are you up to Ren?" MinHyun whispers. Ren smirks, "Don't worry MinHyun I'm just letting them teach her a lesson. Nothing more nothing less." Baekho shivers, "Are you sure? Your fan club tends to be...fierce."   "Just watch," Ren says with confidence.

Poor Iseul had no clue what hit her. She was just eating her packed lunch she brought from home when someone literally smashes her face into her rice. Dazed Iseul turns around to see who had done such a rude thing. It turned out not to be a person, but a mob of persons. Iseul who had been speculating if a red dragon looked more powerful or a black dragon, blinks at her attacker. "Um, hello? Is there a problem?"

Misa rolls her eyes. Scoffing she places both of her hands on her hip, "Yes, there is a problem..." she pauses to read Iseul's name tag, "Song Iseul," she pronounces in a nasty voice. "Are you stupid? What did you do to Ren?"  Iseul tries to remember, but couldn't recall doing anything to Ren. In fact she wouldn't dare do anything to the school's King. "I didn't do anything," she replies. Misa laughs, "Didn't do anything? Did you guys hear that?" she says to the group of girls behind her.

Without warning Misa grabs Iseuls hair, jerking her head back. "Don't lie. If you really didn't do anything, why is Ren so tense?" Iseul shrugs, "Maybe because he needs to poop?" she jokes nervously. Misa pulls harder on Iseuls hair, "Excuse me?" Iseul was about to repeat herself when Misa yanks Iseul up, forcing her to stand. In the short moment Iseul catches a glimpse of Ren smirking at her. Her brain clicks.

"Oh!" Iseul exclaims loudly, aware of the danger she was in, "I remember now! I bumped into Ren yesterday on my way to the restroom. I called him 'miss' by accident because I was in a rush to poop. I completely forgot!"  Baekho groans, "Don't tell her what you said! Now she's in really big trouble." Ren sighs, "Don't worry. Misa will just tell her off." JR and Aron glance at each other. Misa made them keep quiet about the fact that she bullied the girls who dared go near Ren, only showing the nicer side of her threats--if there was such a thing. Ren had no clue how bad things could get. From the look on Misa's face it was time to Ren out before Misa got serious.

Misa's nostrils flare, "Miss? You called him miss?" Iseul gives Misa her best smile,"I didn't call him a girl." Out of the corner of her eyes Misa sees JR rushing Ren out. Good. As soon as Ren was out the cafeteria doors she slams Iseul into the wall. "Miss is the same thing as calling him a girl!" Her work done she lets go of Iseul. "Take good care of her girls," she says to the group of girls behind her. Cracking their necks and laughing the girls set to work.

   "What did you want to show me?" Ren asks. JR scrabbles through his mind to come up with something. "I--uh, wanted to show you my awesome right hook. Check it out!" He swings his arm. Ren crosses his arms, "This is what you wanted to show me?" Aron shakes his head, "NO! Actually I wanted to show you something too. Listen to this (in English) Actually the truth is that that girl is going to get beat up, so we dragged you out here." Ren his head, "What?" Aron grins, "I said what a wonderful day it is." Ren sighs in annoyance, "I'm going back in." "Wait!" his four friends shout.

   Iseul winces as she walks down the sidewalk her whole body aching. She had an ugly bruise on her left eye, a cracked lip, a bleeding nose, bruises all over her body, and her scalp ached from where Ren's fan girl's ripped some of her hair out. She was a disheveled mess! Students giggle as she walks pass them, wondering why she was such an idiot. Iseul smiles brightly at their sneers, "I saved the world from an evil dragon. These are the scars to prove my victory!" she shouts to everyone she meets. 

Riding in the back of his limo Ren stares out the window in boredom. "What does my mother have planned for me today?" he asks his driver in a monotone voice. "You have a meeting with your mother's designer. After that you will head back home for your piano lesson and after that---" Ren who wasn't actually listening suddenly commands, "Stop the car." Puzzled his driver comes to a slow stop, "Sir?" Ren pushes his door open instead of waiting for his butler.

Iseul waves to two girls snickering at her, "Yep, defeated a dragon. Saved the whole world. No need to thank me. I needed to poop at the time, but held it in and restored balance to the world. Your gratitude is appreciated!"  "What happened to you?" Surprised that someone was talking to her Iseul turns around to face a glaring Ren. She waves at him, "Hi! These? I got them from defeating a dragon. A black one. Black ones are evil, but that doesn't mean all black dragons are evil...I think."  

"I'm talking about your bruises. How did you get hurt? Did someone beat you up?" Ren repeats. Iseul stares back at Ren in shock, "You mean you don't know?" Ren did not like it when people kept secrets from him. "Know what?" he asks. Iseul leans closer to Ren and whispers, "I let the evil dragon beat me up on purpose." Ren's first emotion was annoyance at...Song Iseul...as he read her name tag, then guilt as he realized what had actually happened. Looks like Misa's secret was out.

This was Ren's first time encountering someone Misa had bullied. Misa had always made sure that Ren would not find out, forcing the victim to stay home until their bruises had healed. Usually MinHyun, JR, Aron, and Baekho accompanied him in his limo, but today they had been busy and didn't. Iseul should have known to hide herself, but she was so used to being ignored that she didn't bother to. So, now Ren knew the truth.

Ren was the King of the school and he was arrogant and he acted mean sometimes, but at that moment he felt very sorry. He never realized just how far Misa would take things. Guiltily he bends down and takes out his hankerchief, wiping blood off Iseul's knee. "I'm sorry," he murmurs. Iseul stares at Ren in shock. 

Tha-thump.