Chapter 5

The Thorn in my Side

   "Excuse me, but what type of girls does Ren like?" MinHyun smiles down at the short girl standing in front of him. "If I tell you Ren will get mad at me." Iseul scans the hallway, "Don't worry I won't tell him you told me, but I really need to know. Your answer rests upon the fate of the world!" MinHyun laughs. He didn't see why Ren found Iseul so annoying. She was cute and funny. She wasn't afraid to be herself and he liked that. "Okay, I'll tell you."

Iseul listens intently to MinHyun's reply. "Ren likes girls that lay in the green grass looking up at the blue sky." Iseul blinks. "Green grass. Blue sky?" MinHyun nods, "It's actually a metaphor it means that he--" and before he could finish explaining Iseul had run off. 

   "Skipping class again?" MinHyun asks Ren. Ren rolls his eyes, "Says the person who is also skipping class." JR sighs, "I'm bored. What should we do? How about hanging out at the game arcade?" "The game arcade after lunch?" Aron suggests.

"Has Iseul stopped bothering you?" Baekho says to Ren. "The last few weeks? No. Today? Yes." MinHyun coughs at Ren's answer. Ren gives him a concerned look, "You okay?" Coughing MinHyun covers his mouth, "Yeah, my throat just feels a little dry." JR suddenly stops walking. He holds out an arm to stop the others. "Looks like we're not the only ones skipping class."

Lying on the ground directly in front of them was Song Iseul. She was panting like she had run there. Which was true. Iseul had no idea where Ren was going to appear, so she waited for them to skip class. As soon as she saw them in the courtyard she bolted out of the classroom, Teacher Choi yellling for  her to come back. Then as she was running she had a great idea and burst into the crafts club to borrow a white cloth. Wrapping the cloth around her she raced down the hall, shrouded like a ghost. She then found a short cut to the path directly where Ren and his friends would walk by. Seeing they were just around the corner she dashed across the side of the school building and dived roll into their path just in the nick of time.

Iseul smiles at the five boys. "Oh, hello. What are you guys doing here?" Ren glares down at Iseul. "I'd like to ask you that." Iseul absently stretches on the ground, placing her arms behind her head. "Oh, me? I'm just looking up at the clear blue sky. In this field of green grass..." though there was not a single blade of grass to be seen in the cement courtyard. Ren frowns at Iseul, "Can you get out of the way?"

Iseul blinks, "What do you mean? Don't I look like something?" "A dead bug?" JR suggests. Iseul looks up at the sky, but then quickly cover her eyes because the sun was too bright. She glances at MinHyun. She flutters her lashes at Ren, "Don't I look like your ideal type?" Ren stares at her like she's crazy, "My ideal type? You don't look anything like my ideal type." 

"Yes I do. Don't you see me lying on green grass looking up at a blue sky?" It takes Ren a few seconds to comprehend what Iseul just said. He bursts out laughing, "Oh my gosh you-you took that literally?" He cracks up some more. Iseul blushes bright red, "Er...is it because we're actually not on green grass?" Baekho chuckles, "It's a metaphor. It means Ren likes a girl that doesn't take things for granted and sees the value in the simple things of life." MinHyun, trying to hold back a laugh, helps Iseul up. "Sorry, I was going to tell you that but you ran off before I got the chance."

Still laughing Ren walks around Iseul, "That made my day. Let's go guys." As they all walk off Ren adds, "What an idiot. Does she even have a brain?"