Chapter 1

The Thorn in my Side

     Ren was a head turner. His blonde hair and girly face was what made him known at Imperial High. His dazzling fashion of bold pink, prints, black leather pants, and spikes were left as they were because even the teachers couldn't say no to his pretty face. Most of the males at Imperial High thought Ren was lame for being so girly and others...secretly hid the fact that they were a little . The female population of Imperial high, on the other hand, were madly in love with Ren. They would do anything for him and that was something to fear. A girl's heart was her most powerful weapon, meaning Ren's fan club basically ran the school.

Growing up, Ren was lavished with compliments on how pretty he was and was sometimes confused for a girl. He enjoyed the attention, soaking them up like how a plant soaks in sunlight. He was 100% confident in his looks and the power he held over females. However, there was one thing he disliked about being pretty and that was being called a girl. Ren's fan club knew this and prohibited use of the word to describe Ren throughout the school.

The fan club was Ren's right hand and he was the king of Imperial High. His left hand was none other than his closests friends: Baekho, captain of the school's Kumdo club, MinHyun the lead vocal of the school's band, JR the school's number one bad boy, and Aron the cool and handsome foreigner from L.A., California. Everyone who went to Imperial High knew the three rules to surviving Imperial High. 1)Never piss off Ren's fan club 2)Never cross Ren's path and 3)Never ask Ren out, he belonged to everyone.

So, it was a great shock to Ren when some unknown girl in Imperial High called him a girl. Well, not exactly, but close enough.

Song Iseul was new to Imperial High by five months and three days. It wasn't that she didn't know the three rules to surviving Imperial High---she just forgot it. Song Iseul was what people would label as a weirdo. She talked about  magic and dragons all the time, telling everyone she met that dragons and magic was real. She would suddenly start singing in class, telling the teacher that she suddenly was inspired and the teacher would have to wait for her to finish singing and if she forgot to bring her recorder she would ask someone to record her singing, so that she wouldn't forget the song. Iseul also had no decency, frequently discussing the subject of poop. "Everyone poops," she says when students make disgusted faces, "it's all part of life. No need to be shy."

Yes, her head was always in the clouds. So, when she was running down the hallway because she needed to use the number two---announcing to her classroom teacher that she probably wouldn't back until after 30 minutes---she nearly crashed into Ren. And so, when she apologized in a hurry, the three rules forgotten, she said, "Sorry, excuse me miss!"

Luckily for Song Iseul, Ren's fan club didn't find out, but we all know which rule she's going to break next.