Chapter 5

Story of a CANDY ALLIANCE fan

REFERENCE:

유 = Yoo

이 = Lee

송 = Song

하 = Ha

별 = Byul

지 = Ji

짱 (Jjang) = Best

씨 (ssi) = Mr. or Ms.

K-mall = (K for Kim because Jong kook owns the mall)

HR = Human Resource

 

 

하하 and 광수 (Haha and Kwang soo) looked backed to see where the voice came from. They said in unison ‘형’ (hyung), ‘sir’ and bowed when they saw 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) approaching their table. 재석 (Jae suk) smiled and told them to sit down as he sat down also.

유: “I see that you 2 know each other already. We really live in such a small world.”

지효 (Ji hyo) froze when she saw the man sitting in front of her and said to herself ‘Oh my, this can’t be happening. Please wake me up from this bad dream.’

유: “Okay let’s get down to business. 하하 (Haha) did you bring it with you?”

하: “Yes 형 (hyung). Here it is.”

하하 (Haha) brought out the contract and gave it to 재석 (jae suk).

유: “Here we go.”

He opened it and took a pen from his suit pocket. He gave the contract to 광수 (Kwang soo) and said,

유: “So let’s make it official 광수 (kwang soo). Would you want to work for me?”

광수 (Kwang soo) can’t believe it so he excitedly said,

이: “Of course sir.” Then he signed the paper.

유: “Good, now sign it 하하 (Haha).”

광수 (Kwang soo) gave 하하 (Haha) the contract. 하하 (Haha) smiled and said,

하: “So 광수 (Kwang soo) was the new guy you were talking about 형 (hyung).”

유: “Yes, What do think?”

하하 (Haha) looked at 광수 (Kwang soo) and smiled then he said,

하: “I think you made the right choice.”

유: “I did, didn’t I?”

This made 광수 (Kwang soo) smile brightly. After signing, 하하 (Haha) gave the contract to 재석 (Jae suk).

유: “So I’ll just sign this and it will be official.”

So he did. Then he gave 하하 (Haha) the contract.

유: “Give it to the HR tomorrow and tell them that he will start immediately. Thanks.”

하: “No problem 형 (hyung). I’ll tell them first thing tomorrow.”

Then everyone congratulated 광수 (Kwang soo) except for his sister who was still in shock.

유: “CONGRATULATIONS 광수 (Kwang soo) and WELCOME to 무한 (Muhan) company you’re 런닝 (Running) family.

이: “Thank you everyone. Thank you very much sir.”

하: “Wah! I can’t believe this. This is such a small world. So we’ll be working together huh?”

이: “I’ll do my best. Please take care of me.”

하: “I’m looking forward to it.”

유: “Okay next agenda. Let’s start with formalities then take it out later. Hello ladies, my name is 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) and I am very pleased to meet you.”

하: “Oh right 형 (hyung). This is 고은 (Go eun) but you can call her 별 (Byul). She’s the girl that I’m going to marry, my star.”

유: “Hello 별 (Byul) I hope you don’t regret your choice in the end."

하: “Aw, 형 (hyung).”

유: (Laughing) "Just kidding. Take care of him. He needs that a lot and you (turning to 하하 (Haha) ) be a responsible man.”

하: “I will 형 (hyung). I promise.”

별: “Thank you for taking care of 동훈 (Dong hoon) all these years and I hope that you can take care of me as well.”

유: “That’s not a problem and of course you are a part of my family now.”

별: “Thank you brother-in-law.”

이: “Can I call you 형 (hyung) now?”

하하 and 재석 (Haha and Jae suk) answered YES I unison.

이: “재석형 (Jae suk hyung) this is my sister 송지효 (Song Ji hyo). She’s the one I’m talking about in the plane.”

재석 (Jae suk) nodded towards 지효 (Ji hyo).

유: “Hello 지효씨 (Ji hyo ssi), nice meeting you, finally.”

But 지효 (Ji hyo) did not respond to this. 재석 (Jae suk) saw that she’s frozen in her seat. He became concerned so he asked her,

유: “Uh . . . 지효씨 (Ji hyo ssi) are you okay?”

광수 (Kwang soo) looked at her noona and asked her,

이: “What’s wrong noona?”

지효’s (Ji hyo’s) senses came back to her after a long time.

송: “Huh? Why?”

이: “재석형 (Jae suk hyung) greeted you but you did not answer.”

송: “Oh, sorry my mind was somewhere else. I’m 송지효 (Song Ji hyo), 광수’s (Kwang soo’s) noona, it’s nice meeting you too finally. We’re very thankful for giving my brother a job and for treating him very nicely. Thank you very much 재석씨 (Jae suk ssi).”

유: “I’m glad to help. I really like you’re brother. I think he is an asset, definitely a great addition to the company.”

이: “Oh, thank you 형 (hyung).”

유: “Okay so how about we order now and talk more while eating.”

하: “That’s a great idea 형 (hyung). What are we having?”

유: “Today you can order anything you want. You don’t have to worry about anything. Today it’s my treat. Please eat comfortably.”

So everyone ordered what they wanted and they talked and ate comfortably, except for one person. 송지효 (Song Ji hyo). 재석 (Jae suk) noticed that 지효 (Ji hyo) is uncomfortable so he thought that their incident in the airport is the reason so, he decided to distance himself from her to avoid any more awkwardness. After dinner 별 (Byul) excused herself and went to the rest room. Then, 하하 (Haha) asked 광수’s (Kwang soo’s) help to get the packages from the counter. So, 재석 (Jae suk) and 지효 (Ji hyo) were the only ones left on the table. 지효 (Ji hyo) thought to herself, 송: ‘Here is the chance. I can’t get going feeling like this every time I see him. I need to get this over with. It’s now or never 지효 (Ji hyo) so, it’s got to be now.’ With all her courage she talked to him.

송: “Um . . . excuse me 재석씨 (Jae suk ssi).”

This shocked 재석 (Jae suk) making him stutter a bit.

유: “Uh . . . ye. . . yeah 지 (Ji). . . 효씨 (hyo ssi).”

송: “About your coat . . . “

재석 (Jae suk) cut her off.

유: “Oh you don’t have to worry about it. As a matter of fact, I almost forgot about it.”

지효’s (Ji hyo’s) hormones were very active tonight that 재석’s (Jae suk’s) words irritated her.

송: “Is that why you did not text me?”

유: “Uh . . . Well.”

송: “You think I could not fix your coat because I’m just poor.”

By this time 지효 (Ji hyo) saw that 하하 (Haha) and 광수 (Kwang soo) were returning.

송: “Don’t worry I’ll just deliver your coat in your office. I’m sorry for being rude and I’m still thankful that you are good to my brother. I hope our situation won’t affect my brother’s work.”

유: “Of course not. I give you my word on that.”

별 (Byul), 하하 (Haha), and 광수 (Kwang soo) returned cutting short their conversation.

하: “Oh! 형 (hyung) what happened to you you’re sweating too much.”

유: “Oh am I? (He got his handkerchief and wiped off the sweat on his face) I guess it’s hot in here huh?”

하: “But it’s cold right now. Are you okay?”

유: “Yes I’m fine don’t worry about me. So, what do you have there?” He said to divert their attention to something else.

하: “Packages we shopped earlier. This is광수’s (Kwang soo’s) and these 5 are yours.”

유: “Give it to 광수 (Kwang soo). I asked you to buy it because I will give it to him as a welcome gift. Use it well, okay?”

이: “Oh?! 형! (hyung!) Thank you very much 재석형 (Jae suk hyung).”

하: “So these are yours after all.”

이: “Yes, I could not believe it I even picked the styles I like. I will really use these well. Thank you 형’s (hyung’s).”

광수 (kwang soo) was very excited and very thankful.

별: “Why don’t you give him your gift 지효 (Ji hyo)?”

이: “Noona you too?”

송: “Well it’s nothing much. Here welcome back.”

광수 (Kwang soo) was very surprised and touched that so many people love him. He opened his sister’s gift to him and found out that they were black shoes.

이: “WOW! These shoes are the ones that I like. I bet these would match very well with these suits. Thank you very much noona. Thank you very much everyone. I promise to work really hard.”

재석 (Jae suk) was very touched on how these 2 really loved each other. Now he knows what 광수 (Kwang soo) meant at the plane that he is lucky because of his noona.

하: “Oh before I forget. This one is yours 재석형 (Jae suk hyung).” 하하 (Haha) gave the suit that he bought earlier.

유: “Oh! You shouldn’t have.”

하: “Eyy! It’s my welcome back gift for you.”

유: “Thank you very much. I’ll use it well.”

하: “I hope you like it it’s very special.”

유: “I’m sure I will.”

They conversed for a few more minutes then, agreed to go home at 9:30pm. While on the way to 재석’s (Jae suk’s) house he remembered 지효 (Ji hyo) and said in a low voice.

유: “What is it with her? Why do I keep on thinking about her after we met? I even stuttered earlier while talking to her. And what is this coincidence that she is 광수’s (Kwang soo’s) sister and 하하’s (Haha’s) friend? Not only that, she is the best friend of 하하’s (Haha’s) wife-to-be. Oh . . . no . . . this is not good I have a bad feeling about this because i don't think she likes me one bit and yet I’m excited. (sigh) let’s just see where this goes. Who knows I might just be overanalyzing things.”

Over on 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) house 광수 (Kwang soo) was very happy but 지효 (Ji hyo) was feeling off.

이: “WOW! Look at all these things 재석형 (Jae suk hyung) is really so kind.”

송: “I don’t think he’s that kind.”

이: “Why?”

송: “I don’t know there’s just something in him that I don’t like.”

이: “Oh come on, what is there not to like about him?”

송: (sigh) “Remember the coat that I was holding when I picked you up?”

이: “Yeah, the expensive one. Why? What about it?”

송: “It’s his.”

이: “Whose?”

송: “It belongs to 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk).”

이: “Really? Why didn’t you tell me earlier.”

송: “How would I know? I mean who would have thought that I would be staining the coat of my brother’s boss. How would I know that he is 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk)?”

이: “Noona he is a VERY famous man. In fact, he is all over the news and you’re telling me that there is no way to recognize him? Now that I thought about it, I now know why you’re not in jail.”

송: “Whatever. I just don’t like him. I just don’t see him the way you do.”

이: “Oh come on you just started off on the wrong page. You have a wrong idea about him. He is a kind person. You just have to give him another chance. You 2 should start again anew. Who knows you 2 might be meant for each other.”

송: “Of course not. I don’t like him are you deft? And he’s a womanizer. I don’t like those kind of guys”

이: “Hmm? . . . I think you met another person. Think carefully and observe carefully before you judge. Just trust me. Give him another chance and you’ll see for yourself that you are wrong.”

송: (deep sigh) “Whatever you say brother. Whatever you say. I’ll sleep now goodnight.”

이: “Goodnight.”

광수 (Kwang soo) smiled and said softly.

이: “If I’m not mistaken 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) is the perfect fit of your characteristics of an ideal guy. Hmm. Let’s just see how your love story unfolds I’m so excited.”

Then he slept peacefully like a baby.

(2 days later at 하하’s (Haha’s) wedding)

Everything went well and the wedding was so beautiful. 하하 (Haha) was so handsome in his suit and 별 (Byul) was blooming in her wedding dress. The 2 looked so in love with each other that people started to agree that they really belong to each other. 지효 (Ji hyo) was really happy for her friends but her mood changed when she saw 재석 (Jae suk) . She could not believe it. 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) was also here! Not only that during the picture taking they were standing beside each other and now they are on the same table. 지효 (Ji hyo) thought, 송: ‘What kind of bad luck is this?’ to add to her misfortune she was introduced to 김종국 (Kim Jong kook) and she thought, 송: ‘GREAT! Another one.’ 하하 (Haha) approached 재석 (Jae suk) and talked to him.

하: “야~ (Ya~), 형 (hyung) you came.”

유: “Of course, it’s your special day. CONGRATULATIONS!”

하: “Thank you and you wore my gift. 야~ (Ya~) it suits you well”

유: “Yeah. It looks good right?”

하: “Yes, now I understand why those girls wanted to meet you.”

유: “야 (Ya), 하하야 (Haha ya) don’t be like this.”

하: “Oh come on 형 (hyung) I’ll just introduce you to them.”

Then he took him to the bunch of girls. All these was observed carefully by 광수 (kwang soo) and he saw that his sister was observing as well. So, he sneaked behind her to find out what she was thinking. When he was near her he heard her say,

송: “Tsk tsk tsk a real womanizer. How can you trust and like a guy like that?”

Then 광수 (Kwang soo) answered out of nowhere that shocked 지효 (Ji hyo).

이: “You’re wrong.”

송: “야! (Ya!) You!, what are you doing spying on me and what are you saying that I’m wrong don’t you see that? Look.”

이: “I heard everything. He doesn’t want to go there noona but the girls wanted to meet him. 하하형 (Haha hyung) just requested him to do so and that act you are seeing is just being a gentleman that he truly is. Try to imagine, if he walked away from there, what do you think would those girls feel? Noona open your mind. Don’t let one situation ruin your judgment. Watch and I’ll prove to you that he’s just looking for a way to escape those girls. If he grabs the chance to leave please count it as a point and if he does not then I’ll count it against him.”

So 광수 (Kwang soo) went to 재석 (Jae suk) and when 재석 (Jae suk) saw 광수 (Kwang soo) he lighted up as if saved from a dangerous situation.

유: “Oh, 광수 (Kwang soo)" he called.

이: “Ye, 형 (hyung).”

유: “I need to talk to you. Uh. Excuse me girls I have something to finish but it was really nice meeting all of you.” He left them and walked his way towards 광수 (Kwang soo).

광수 (Kwang soo) looked at his sister and made a sign of listing down a 1. 지효 (Ji hyo) just showed her brother the white of her eyes.

유: “Thanks for passing by I needed to get out of there.”

이: “형 (hyung), I heard that my sister stained your coat. I’m very sorry about that.”

유: “Oh that. Well I told your sister not to worry about it but she seem to misunderstd my intentions. I think she is mad at me so I think I’m the one who needs to apologize but I think she won’t accept it so for now would you tell her that I’m deeply sorry?”

이: “She tends to misunderstand a lot. Sorry 형 (hyung) and I’ll tell her what you said.”

유: “Thank you광수 (Kwang soo).”

The day ended happily. 별 and 하하 (Byul and Haha) are now husband and wife. Everyone was happy. On his way home 재석 (Jae suk) got a call from his older brother 지석진 (Ji suk jin).

지: “재석아 (Jae suk ah), can you take 개리 (Gary) to his field trip? We are still out of the country fixing some business matters here and I don’t trust anyone to take care of my son than you.”

유: “But I’m also busy 형 (hyung).”

지: “But 개리 (Gary) wants you to come with him. He’s been asking for you since he learned that you’re in Korea already. Would you let him down?”

재석 (Jae suk) can’t refuse a request from his nephew so he agreed to go.

유: “Okay, Okay what do I have to do?”

지: “First, you need to meet with his teacher tomorrow to discuss the trip then just go to the trip itself that’s all. Thank you, bye. 사랑해 (Sa rang hae).” then he hang up the phone so that his brother can't argue anymore.

유: “But . . . ayy this 형 (hyung) is really something.”

 

 

 

 


A/N: Here is another chapter for everyone.I'm sorry if the story is moving too slow. It's just that I don't want to rush things but don't worry there will be more Jae suk and Ji hyo scenes in the subsequent chapters. So please hang in there readers. Again thank you for all your reads.
Enjoy ! :D