Chapter 14

Story of a CANDY ALLIANCE fan

REFERENCE:

유 = Yoo

이 = Lee

송 = Song

별 = Byul

김 = Kim

짱 (Jjang) = Best

사장님 (Sa jang nim) = Company president

씨 (ssi) = Mr./Ms.

 

It’s been one week since the last time 지효 (Ji hyo) saw 재석 (Jae suk). There was no communication between them for a whole week. No meet-ups, no calls and not even a simple text message. 지효 (Ji hyo) was starting to get worried about him so she asked 광수 (Kwang soo) while having their dinner.

송: “광수 (Kwang soo) has 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa) been busy?”

이: “Yeah, he’s been working so hard lately. This past week he’s been working extra early and I think he’s been leaving really late.”

송: “What could be the reason? Do you have any idea?”

이: “Not a single clue. As a matter of fact I was about to ask you on the way he’s been acting. But it seems that you also don’t know.”

송: “How would I know? You’re the one who’s always with him.”

이: “I just thought you 2 had some major love quarrel because it seems to me that he’s working himself out because he’s trying to preoccupy himself to forget some things.”

송: “Why would we have a love quarrel? Friends don’t have love quarrels.”

이: “So you really don’t know anything or you really don’t have anything to do with it?”

송: “No, I don’t know anything and I’m actually starting to worry about him.”

이: “Well, why don’t you just visit him? Try to ask him. Who knows he might tell you what’s bothering him.”

송: “You think I should?”

이: “Yes, I think so. You’re good 'FRIENDS' right? Give it a try.”

송: “Okay, I’ll try tomorrow, thanks little bro.”

이: “No problem noona, by the way who has been sending you flowers lately?”

송: “Oh that, 종국오빠 (Jong kook oppa) has been sending them. I think he thinks our house is a flower shop. (Laughs)

이: “Is he courting you noona?”

송: “I’m not so sure but he’s been bugging me for a week now. Asking me out, giving me flowers, showing up after classes, he even offers me a ride home.”

이: “He’s definitely courting you. WOW! Look at you noona! You’ve got the attention of the 2 most famous and rich guys in Korea not only that. They also belong to the most eligible bachelors that all girls are dreaming about. Way to go noona! You’re really 짱 (Jjang)!”

송: “What are you talking about?! Would you please stop it? They are my friends nothing more nothing less. Instead of saying a bunch of nonsense, just clean this up and I will go to bed okay? Stop your wild imaginations. They are not mine. Goodnight. (She went to her room and slept)

The next morning 지효 (Ji hyo) went to 재석’s (Jae suk’s) office. She asked the lady at the reception area where to find him and she escorted 지효 (Ji hyo) to 재석’s (Jae suk’s) office. She saw him signing some papers and thought that he was busy, but she really wanted to talk to him at least ask him on how he’s doing. So she knocked and said hi.

송: (Knocking) “Hi 사장님 (sa jang nim).”

유: (He looked up and saw 지효 (Ji hyo). He was so shocked but very happy to see her after a week but he controlled himself thinking about 종국 (Jong kook)) “Hi 지효 (Ji hyo). Um . . . What are you doing here?”

송: “I just wanted to know if you’re okay. I haven’t seen or even heard from you in a week. So I was a little worried.”

유: “Oh I’m fine. I’m just a little busy with work, that’s all.”

Then 종국 (Jong kook) entered unannounced.

김: (Upon entering) “형! (hyung!) Let’s go out and eat. OH! (Upon seeing 지효 (Ji hyo)) 지효야! (Ji hyo ya!) I didn’t know you were here. Let’s eat Come on.” (He grabbed 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) hand forgetting about 재석 (Jae suk))

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) held her ground and refused) “I’m still talking to 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa). So, why don’t you go on ahead?”

유: (재석 (Jae suk) butted in) “No 지효 (Ji hyo) it’s okay go with 종국 (Jong kook). I’m really fine don’t worry about me and I have eaten already so the 2 of you can enjoy your lunch together. Let’s just eat next time, the 3 of us. For now go with 종국 (Jong kook), 지효 (Ji hyo) besides I have a lot of work that I have to finish. Go on. Have fun.”

Then 재석 (Jae suk) went back on signing the papers ignoring them. 지효 (Ji hyo) could not believe 재석 (Jae suk). She went there because she was worried about him but he shooed her away by forcing her to have lunch with 종국 (Jong kook). She was so mad at him she wanted to punch him but instead out of her rage she went to lunch with 종국 (Jong kook) leaving 재석 (Jae suk) alone in his office. But all throughout their lunch her mind kept on going back to 재석 (Jae suk). She couldn’t understand why 재석 (Jae suk) was doing this to her. She did not even touch her food.

송: (Inside 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) mind) “What’s wrong with him?” Why is he avoiding me? Have I done something wrong? This is making me crazy!”

She continued to play with her food just thinking about what happened to 재석 (Jae suk). All this while 종국 (Jong kook) was just staring at her. Watching her zone out and think of someone else but he just kept quiet and continued to watch her. After eating they spent some more time with each other but to 지효 (Ji hyo), 종국 (Jong jong kook) doesn’t seem to exist. She still thought about 재석 (Jae suk) and completely ignored 종국 (Jong kook). When it was time to go home 종국 (Jong kook) offered 지효 (Ji hyo) a ride home. Inside the car when they reached her house, when they were about to say goodnight. 종국 (Jong kook) tried to kiss her but she dodged it. Not only that she also pushed him away.

김: “Why? What’s wrong?” (지효 (Ji hyo) did not answer she just looked at him)

종국 (Jong kook) tried to kiss her again but again 지효 (Ji hyo) did not let him do it. Then she looked the other way. 종국 (Jong kook) was now mad and he can’t stand it anymore.

김: (In a loud voice) “송지효씨 (Song Ji hyo ssi) can you tell me the truth! Do you like 재석형 (Jae suk hyung)?” (지효 (Ji hyo) did not answer him but tears fell from her eyes) 종국 (Jong kook) understand when he saw 지효 (Ji hyo) cry. He doesn’t need to hear any words from her, he clearly understands that 지효 (Ji hyo) likes 재석 (Jae suk) and not him. “Okay, you don’t have to tell me. I know your answer already.”

He drove to their office so fast that 지효 (Ji hyo) was scared.

송: “Where are we going? Please slow down, the car is going so fast.”

김: “To where you really want to be right now.”(They arrived at the office then 종국 (Jong kook) stopped and spoke) “Get out! He’s probably in his office. I hope you 2 be happy. You really suit each other.”

지효 (Ji hyo) went out of the car as 종국 (Jong kook) ordered but instead of going up to 재석 (Jae suk) she just walked away crying her eyes out. Later that night, 재석 (Jae suk) finally went out of the office at 10 o’clock. The guard saw him leaving so he approached him.  

Guard: “Sir, someone wants me to give you this.”

유: “Oh thanks, Who gave it to you?”  (재석 (Jae suk) looked at it and it was a message ‘ I hate you for hating me and for being a coward.’)

Guard: “I don’t really know her but she was a girl with sir 김 (Kim). He dropped her off earlier crying. They seem to have fought or something.”

유: “Which way did she went? Did she take a taxi?”

Guard: “No sir. She didn’t”

유: “How long has it been since you saw her?”

Guard: “It’s been an hour or so already sir. I think she went that way,”

유: “Okay thanks.” (Then 재석 (Jae suk) ran towards the direction pointed by the guard.)

While running 재석 (Jae suk) called 광수 (Kwang soo) and asked if 지효 (Ji hyo) was home. But 광수 (Kwang soo) was not there because he was at a convention out of the country. 재석 (Jae suk) slapped himself for forgetting but 광수 (Kwang soo) assured him that she wasn’t home yet and that he knows where she is right now. But before 광수 (Kwang soo) could even say it, he already found her.

유: (Into the phone) “No need 광수 (Kwang soo) I found her.”

이: “형 (hyung) I don’t know what’s going on there but, can you please take her home?”

유: “I will 광수 (Kwang soo). Don’t worry about her. Just take care there.”

이: “Thanks 형 (hyung). I’ll hang up now, bye.”

유: “Bye.” (재석 (Jae suk) kept his phone and approached 지효(Ji hyo))

지효 (Ji hyo) was sitting on a bench still crying. He sat beside her and talked to her.

유: “지효아 (Ji hyo ah) what’s wrong? What happened?”

송: “Leave me alone!”

유: “I can’t do that. I’m so sorry. Please stop crying and talk to me.”

After a few while she managed to minimize her crying into sobs. She also managed to talk to 재석 (Jae suk)

유: “Are you okay? Feeling any better? Do you want some water? “(재석 (Jae suk) was about to stand up but 지효 (Ji hyo) grabbed his wrist and asked him to sit down beside her.)

송: “Just sit down.” (So he obeyed)

유: “What happened 지효 (Ji hyo)?”

송: “종국오빠 (Jong kook oppa) was mad at me because I didn’t like him the way that he liked me. and more than that you kept on avoiding me for no reason. I really couldn’t understand. Please tell me what did I do. Why are you pushing me away?”

유: (Realization hit him that he really likes this girl and he is a coward.) “I’m so sorry. You are right, I am a coward. You don’t have any fault 지효 (Ji hyo). It’s all my fault. Please stop crying. From now on I promise to never leave you again. I will never avoid you ever again.”

After a while 지효 (Ji hyo) stopped crying and as promised 재석 (Jae suk) drove her home safely.

유: “지효 (Ji hyo) we’re here please go in and take some rest.”

송: “오빠 (oppa) can I ask you a favor?”

유: “Okay, tell me.”

송: “Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?”

유: “Oh . . . uh . . . I don’t think that’s a good idea 지효아 (Ji hyo ah).”

송: “I trust you 오빠 (oppa). Please stay with me.”

유: “Well if you really want to. Then I’ll stay until you sleep.”

재석 (Jae suk) went inside with 지효 (Ji hyo) and they went to her bed. They both laid down side by side. 지효 (Ji hyo) then hugged him that made him froze on the spot.

송: “Please don’t leave me until I fall asleep.”

유: (재석 (Jae suk) realized that she just wanted to make sure that he would not leave her. So, he said) “I won’t. I won’t leave you.”

But in just a few minutes she’s already asleep. 재석 (Jae suk) watched her sleep so soundly. He hated himself for causing so much pain to 지효 (Ji hyo). Right there he knew that he is already falling in love with her. Then morning came. 지효 (Ji hyo) woke up but 재석 (Jae suk) is not in the bed with her anymore. She went out to the living room. She saw 재석 (Jae suk) on the couch sleeping so soundly. She watched him sleep for a while then she smiled.

송: (Talking to 재석 (Jae suk) who is sleeping) “I can’t believe I asked you to stay with me but I can’t help it anymore. I realized when you were avoiding me that I don’t want to lose you and now I’m ready to admit that I think I’m already falling in love with you.”