Chapter 15

Story of a CANDY ALLIANCE fan

REFERENCE:

유 = Yoo

송 = Song

효 = Hyo (for Lee Hyo ri)

김 = Kim

하 = Ha

씨 (ssi) = Mr./Ms.

무한 = Muhan (I got it from Infinity challenge)

유혁 (Yoo hyuk) Inc. (Another product of imagination)

R = Reporter

 

종국 (Jong kook) was drinking his heart out in ‘The Blue Bar’ He already drank 3 bottles of whiskey when 효리 (Hyo ri) came in and approached him.

효: “종국오빠 (Jong kook oppa), How does it feel to be rejected by a girl?”

김: “Shut up.”

효: “I’m sure the feeling is all new to you right? I mean, just imagine the almighty 김종국 (Kim Jong kook) who always gets what he wants was rejected by a girl.”

김: “I said SHUT UP!” (He raised his voice)

효: (Laughing) “It’s always funny to see you angry. That’s why I like teasing you so much.”

김: “Just leave me alone. Besides, who gave you the right to mock me? You are also in a situation similar to mine. 재석형 (Jae suk hyung) does not even bother to look at you anymore.”

효: “Do you see me drinking?”

김: “No. Well not yet at least.”

효: “That’s because I will not let that girl win. Things are just getting started.” (Evil smile)

김: “What’s up with your smile? What are you planning to do?”

효: “If you will help me you will benefit also if we succeed. My plan is to push 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa) into a corner. A corner where all he could do is to say yes to everything I say.”

김: “What do you suppose is my role in that plan of yours?”

효: “Ooh I see that you’re getting interested. That is good. Anyway all you have to do is be on the rebound. Be the hero. Be the prince that will save the princess from the evil witch. Be there for 지효 (Ji hyo) when she needs someone the most and I assure you that지효 (Ji hyo) will be yours in no time.”

김: “Okay. Count me in if you put it that way.”

They made a toast celebrating their partnership. Then, 효리 (Hyo ri) told 종국 (Jong kook) all the details of her plan while he listened attentively.

(After a week)

지효 and 재석 (Ji hyo and Jae suk) became closer to each other. They often hang out. They eat together, exchange text messages and calls. To everyone’s eyes they were a couple but actually they’re not, at least not at the moment. The way they care and look at each other obviously says that there is something there but none of them can openly say what they truly feel. It seems that they are waiting for the other to say something but no one ever does so, for the time being they are just enjoying each other’s company and are trying to get to know each other as the days go by nurturing the ever growing love that they have for the other. Even in this kind of relationship one can feel that the happiness that they share is truly genuine. One Sunday morning a presscon is being held for the merger of 유혁 (Yoo hyuk) Inc., one of 무한 (Muhan) Company’s subsidiaries and 효리’s (Hyo ri’s) company. 재석 and 효리 (Jae suk and Hyo ri) were seated beside each other representing their respective companies. In the middle of the presscon one reporter asked 효리 (Hyo ri) an unrelated question.

R: “이효리씨 (Lee Hyo ri ssi) do you have a boyfriend?”

효: “Oh! That’s a little out of the blue but I’ll answer it. Yes I have a boyfriend right now.” (재석 (Jae suk) was surprised to know that she has a boyfriend but he is very happy for her.) “As a matter of fact, we want to let everybody know about our relationship already. Truthfully, it’s so hard to hide from everyone so we decided to not do that anymore and just tell the public about our relationship.“

That got the attention of all the reporters attending the presscon. They we’re all asking questions at the same time.

AllR: “Who is the guy? Do we know him? Please tell us. (In chaos)

효: “Please calm down every body I’ll answer all your questions so you don’t have to worry.”

R: “Do we know who is your boyfriend 이효리씨 (Lee Hyo ri ssi)?”

효리 (Hyo ri) smiled and looked at 재석 (Jae suk). He smiled back and nodded at her giving her the encouragement that she needed because he thought that this is very hard for her because she was revealing a part of her private life to the public.

효: “Of course you all know him.”

Then, she pulled 재석 (Jae suk) towards her and kissed him in front of all the people inside the hall. All the reporters were in chaos. Taking pictures as fast as they could. They were typing in their computers with lightning speed. This certainly is a VERY BIG SCOOP for them. This is the kind of news that everybody in the world would want to know whether it be the celebrity world or the business world.

(On the other end at 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) house)

지효 (Ji hyo) was watching her favorite TV show but her smile can actually be traced to the fact that she and 재석 (Jae suk) have a date tomorrow. Well not exactly a date more like hanging out, but just the thought of being with 재석 (Jae suk) makes her happy. Suddenly the show was interrupted by a flash report.

(FLASH REPORT)

FAMOUS BUSINESS MAN유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) AND HOTEL HEIRESS이효리 (Lee Hyo ri) ARE A COUPLE! In a presscon earlier this evening이효리 (Lee Hyo ri) admitted that she and유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) are in fact a couple. (In the background 효리 (Hyo ri) pulled 재석 (Jae suk) towards her and kissed him long and hard then she hugged him.)

지효 (Ji hyo) could not believe her eyes. She was in total shock.

송: ”This is not true. This is just a show to gain attention. This is all an act for the promotion of their merged business. 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa) said that they are not a couple anymore. He said that he does not have any girlfriend surely he won’t lie to me right? This is definitely not true.” (지효 (Ji hyo) tried her very best to convince herself, but she suddenly stopped when she saw 재석’s (Jae suk’s) interview)

(Interview)

R: “Is it true that you and 효리 (Hyo ri) are a couple?”

유: (He hesitated) “Yes it’s true. 효리 (Hyo ri) and I (Long pause then he sighed deeply) are a couple.”

(End Report)

지효’s (Ji hyo’s) tears fall freely after seeing this. All she could do was to run to her room and there she cried all night. She didn’t even bother to eat. All she could do was cry.