Chapter 12

Story of a CANDY ALLIANCE fan

REFERENCE:

유 = Yoo

이 = Lee

송 = Song

씨 (ssi) = Mr./Ms.

 

(At 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) house)

지효 (Ji hyo) is looking at the mirror checking herself out when she heard her brother shouting.

이: “Noona! Would you stop it already! You’ve been looking in that mirror for an hour now. Since when are you concerned how you look?”

송: “I’ve always been concerned on how I look. And why are you shouting? I’ve only been here for (She looked at the clock and she realized that an hour really passed since she sat down in front of the mirror but she decided to lie) 30 minutes.”

이: (광수 (Kwang soo) could not believe his sister) “WHAT? 30 minutes?!”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) looked at him) “Okay, okay, I’ve been here for an hour but I can’t help it. I want to see if everything is okay, if I look fine already. I want to see if I need to change anything.”

이: (광수 (Kwang soo) sighed) “You look fine okay? So would you please stop it already? Sit on the couch and relax will you? Who are you meeting anyway?”

송: “Alright., I’ll go sit on the couch (She walked to the couch and seated) and I don’t need to relax I’m not nervous. Why should I be? I will just go out with 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa) for a while. That’s all.”

이: (광수 (Kwang soo) was shocked to hear who his sister is going out with) “Huh?! You’re going out with 재석형 (Jae suk hyung)? You 2 are dating?”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) was defensive) “Of course not! It’s not exactly a date. He felt guilty last night for leaving me alone in the party so he said that he would just make it up to me if we go out today. He pleaded so I could not say no.”

Before 광수 (Kwang soo) could say another word they heard the sound of the door bell and 지효 (Ji hyo) bolted up so fast and was behind the door in an instant. 광수 (Kwang soo) could not believe his eyes. He could not believe that his noona is acting this way but he just stood there and watched them.

Before opening the door 지효 (Ji hyo) calmed herself and breathed slowly. After a few seconds she opened the door but upon seeing him she forgot to breathe again.  재석 and 지효 (Jae suk and Ji hyo) just looked at each other not saying anything. Then, 재석 (Jae suk) let out his breath. Apparently he likewise forgot to breathe when he saw 지효 (Ji hyo).

유: (He smiled) “Hello 지효 (Ji hyo), you look beautiful.”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) also breathed out and smiled) “Hello 오빠 (oppa), thank you.”

유: “Are you ready to go?”

송: “Be with you in a minute. Do you want to come in?”

유: “No it’s okay. I’ll just stay here. Take your time.”

지효 (Ji hyo) went inside and got her bag and she told 광수 (Kwang soo) that she’ll be back later. Then she went outside to see 재석 (Jae suk) once again.

송: (She said to 재석 (Jae suk)) “Let’s go.”

유: (He gestured to let 지효 (Ji hyo) first then said) “After you.”

They walked to his car and like a true gentleman he opened the door for her. Then he went to the driver side and rode the car as well. All along 광수 (Kwang soo) was watching them with an open mouth. He could not believe what he is seeing. All this time he knew that these 2 will be together but actually seeing them is just so unbelievable, plus the fact that his sister is acting so girly all of a sudden.

이: “WOAH! This is making me really crazy. I’m happy for both of them but I can’t take this feeling of uneasiness away. I guess I better warn her.”

(Inside재석’s (Jae suk’s) car)

They we’re driving in silence for 30 minutes already. 재석 (Jae suk) can’t stand it anymore so he decided to break the silence.

유: “So you have a place in mind that you want to go to?”

송: “Oh . . . (지효 (Ji hyo) was taken aback) not really. I thought you already have plans so I didn’t really give any thought about it.”

유: “Oh don’t worry. I just thought you have a place that you want to go to. Since you don’t I guess we’ll just go to the place that I’ve thought of.”

They drove for another 30 minutes and they finally arrived at their destination.

유: “We’re here.”

송: “An amusement park?”

유: “Yes. Oh . . . is it okay? You seem disappointed.”

송: “Oh . . . no . . . no. I’m just curious why did you choose an amusement park?”

유: “You’ll find out later. Let’s go.” (재석 (Jae suk) smiled)

They went out of the car and went inside the amusement park. They checked out the booths and tried some of the rides. It’s like they were kids again. Then they decided to ride the rollercoaster. 지효 (Ji hyo) was so excited. A little more while then it’s their turn to ride. She looked at 재석 (Jae suk) but he looked pale. It concerned her so she asked him.

송: “Are you okay 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa)? You look sick?”

유: “Uhm . . . I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

It’s now their turn and they’re already sitting down with their belts fastened. 재석 (Jae suk) suddenly called 지효 (Ji hyo) and said,

유: “지효야 (Ji hyo ya). I have something to tell you.”

송: “What is that 오빠 (oppa)?”

유: (He smiled at her) “I’m afraid of heights.”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) was shocked) “WHAT?!”

Then the ride started. 재석 (Jae suk) was shouting with the other passengers but 지효 (Ji hyo) wanted to shout at him. Not because of the ride but because of his foolishness. After the ride they went over to a nearby bench to rest for a while. 재석 (Jae suk) can feel that 지효 (Ji hyo) was not happy and that she was holding something back. So he spoke.

유: “Wooh! That was fun, isn’t it 지효 (Ji hyo)?”

송: (Half-heartedly) “Oh.”

유: “Are you mad at me?”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) couldn’t help it anymore so she spoke out her feelings) “Mad at you? Of course I am mad at you! Why did you do that? You could have killed yourself. Why didn’t you tell me that you were afraid of heights? Why were you so foolish? What were you thinking 유재석씨 (Yoo Jae suk ssi)? (지효 (Ji hyo) was so angry at him)

유: (Smiling) “Would you calm down 송지효씨 (Song Ji hyo ssi)? Seat here and I’ll explain everything.”

송: “After all this you’re still smiling. I can’t believe you. (She sat down and calmed her nerves. Then after a while she was ready to hear his explanation) Okay, out with it.”

유: “Heights, is my greatest fear. Ever since I was a kid I have been afraid of it.”

송: “Then why didn’t . . . (지효 (Ji hyo) tried to but in but 재석 (Jae suk) stopped her)

유: “Would you let me finish first? (지효 (Ji hyo) nodded) I wanted to conquer my fear. I wanted to face it. I don’t want to fear heights all my life. And I’m sorry if I made you worry too much. I never thought you’d worry like that. I’m so sorry and thank you for caring and thank you also for being there with me. It was less scarier.”  (He smiled at her)

송: (Deep sigh) “Okay, but please, next time tell me first. Don’t ever do that again and I would be happy to help you, okay?”

유: “Yes ma’am. Are you still mad at me?”

송: “Of course! Let’s go!” (She stood up and left)

유: (재석 (Jae suk) smiled and followed her) “Wait for me 지효야 (Ji hyo ya). Let’s go to the Ferris wheel I heard the view is beautiful there. They went to the Ferris wheel without talking. The ride started then 재석 (Jae suk) spoke up with utmost sincerity.

유: “지효 (Ji hyo) are you still mad at me? I’m so sorry. I promise not to do it ever again.”

(지효 (Ji hyo) looked at him and saw his sincerity but she still did not speak. Then 재석 (Jae suk) took out a teddy bear behind his back. It was so cute and adorable. He gave her the bear and said sorry again.)

송: (She couldn’t take it anymore and grabbed the bear) “It’s so adorable. Where did you get it?”

유: “I got it when you were in the restroom. It was a prize for shooting some basketballs. Are you still mad? (She then suddenly hit his forehead) OUCH!”

송: “Not anymore. Just don’t do it again or else.”

유: “Yes ma’am.” (He answered while holding on to his forehead)

When they were at the very top 재석 (Jae suk) asked 지효 (Ji hyo) to look at the setting sun. It was so beautiful that they were amazed. The view was very spectacular. Then  지효 (Ji hyo) spoke. 

송: “You know (재석 (Jae suk) looked at her) I wanted my first date to be in an amusement park.”

유: “Uh . . . I did not know. I’m sorry I ruined your life plans.”

송: “Nah . . . it was so much fun and this view right here is just so magical. Thank you for bringing me here earlier than I have planned.”

유: “It’s my pleasure and honor to be here with you.”

They looked at each other and smiled. The ride was over. They walked some more then they ate. They were at the car headed home when 지효 (Ji hyo) asked 재석 (Jae suk) if he knows a nearby beach. He said yes. Then 지효 (Ji hyo) asked if they could go there before they went home. 재석 (Jae suk) agreed and they went to the beach. They walked on the beach barefooted and side by side. While walking their hands slightly touched but the electricity that coursed through them was so strong.

송: “Whoa. That’s so strong that it hurts. I guess we should part a little.”

But then 재석 (Jae suk) held her hands in his. 지효 (Ji hyo) was so shocked that she just looked at him. Then he spoke.

유: “Like fears, we should also face pain. Take it straight on until you can’t feel anything anymore. If the pain is strong we just have to be stronger.” (He smiled at her and then she smiled back they now walk hand in hand while talking)

유: “Why don’t we get to know each other better?”

송: “Sure I’m okay with that.”

유: “I’ll ask first. Do you have a boyfriend?”

송: “No. So this is how the questions go, okay! I like it! 2 can play at this game. How about you, do you have a girlfriend?”

유: “No. Not at the moment. What is your ideal type?”

송: “Um . . . I like kind, patient, hardworking, humble, understanding and a guy that can tell the world that he loves only me.”

유: “Whoa that’s a very long list. Does he exist?”

송: “I’m sure he does and that list is actually longer that’s just an excerpt. How about you, what do you like in a girl?”

유: “Well I like kind, beautiful, smart, strong, caring and a girl that can tell me in my face that I am wrong.”

송: “Well that’s also a long list there so, does she exist?”

유: “Well like you it’s also just an excerpt and yes she exists and she is right beside me. (He smiled at her) You are my ideal type. (지효 (Ji hyo) was shocked. She just looked at him. She couldn’t even return his smile) Okay next question. (지효 (Ji hyo) was taken back to reality) Why is your surname different from 광수 (kwang soo)?”

송: “We have different fathers. His father was going to adopt me but he died before the papers were finished.”

유: “Ah, so that’s it. Okay you’re turn.”

송: “You can refuse to answer this okay? Who is 이효리 (Lee hyo ri)?”

유: “Oh 효리 (Hyo ri). She is the daughter of one of the biggest investor of one of my company and she was my girlfriend.”

송: “Was? Why did you break up?”

유: “Hey that’s 2 questions, me first. Why didn’t you have a boyfriend before?”

송: “I don’t know. No one fits my categories. No one really tried. So now answer my question.”

유: (He laughed) “So you really want to know huh. Very well then, she left me, just like that, without even saying a word. One day I woke up and found out that she was in another country. The sad thing is she did not even bother to call me.”

송: “I’m so sorry I shouldn’t have asked.”

유: “No it’s okay. It’s all in the past and like what I’ve told you, we have to be stronger than any pain. Now I don’t feel anything. I can even talk about it now. Actually it’s partly the reason why I went to Hong Kong and now thinking about it I consider it a blessing in disguise.”

송: “Why is that?” (지효 (Ji hyo) is now asking all the questions)

유: “Because I met 광수 (Kwang soo) and in the airport I met you.”

송: (She saw the sincerity in his eyes) “Do you know that I hated you?”

유: “Did you know that I still like you even though you hated me?”

송: “What do you mean when you said that I did not belong with those girls? Is it because I’m not y and beautiful like them?”

유: “Of course not! You are way more beautiful than them I just don’t know about the y part (She glared at him) just kidding. Well they are different because you look decent, respectable unlike them. Do you know that it’s already 9 o’clock?”

송: “What?! Let’s go home it’s late.”

유: “That’s what I thought.”

They walked to his car then he took her home.

유: “We’re here.”

송: “Thank you for everything today. It was so much fun. I enjoyed it.”

유: “Like what I said earlier it’s my honor. But you owe me questions. I didn’t get to ask in the end.”

송: “Okay I’ll remember that. Drive safely. Have a good night.”

유: “Thank you. I had so much fun also. Go in and good night.”

지효 (Ji hyo) went inside and 재석 (Jae suk) drove home. 광수 (Kwang soo) was waiting for her inside their house.

이: “Noona, where have you been? Look at the time it’s already late.”

송: “Sorry. We didn’t notice the time. I was with 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa). We went to the amusement park then to the beach. It was so fun.”

이: “That’s why you did not even bother to call or even text me?”

송: “I’m sorry 광수 (Kwang soo).”

이: “I’m fine. I’m just worried about you. I know that 재석형 (Jae suk hyung) is nice but I also know that the world isn’t and that love is unfair. What if something happened to the both of you? And also you should prepare yourself from being hurt. So please be careful because I don’t want you to get hurt.”

송: “I won’t ‘coz were just friends okay. Thank you for caring 광수 (Kwang soo). Let’s go to bed.”

지효 (Ji hyo) could not sleep that night. No matter what she do. She just couldn’t stop thinking about him. She couldn’t help but remember what he said on the beach and she could not wipe away the smile on her face with his image on her mind. She could not understand her feelings.

송: “He held my hands. He said I was his ideal type. He said that he liked me even though I hated him. What does that mean? Does he like me, like me? Do I like him, like him? but I saw and felt that he really loved 효리 (Hyo ri) so much and that he was deeply hurt when she left him. Would that feeling come back now that she is here? Uhh. What do I even care? He is not my boyfriend. But . . . but . . . but I think . . . I . . . I already like him a lot.”

After this acceptance she finally fell asleep.