Chapter 13

Story of a CANDY ALLIANCE fan

REFERENCE:

유 = Yoo

송 = Song

김 = Kim

별 = Byul

G = Old Fortune teller

네 (ne) = Yes

씨 (ssi) = Mr./Ms.

 

(Inside지효’s (Ji Hyo’s) dream)

“You will be very lucky. You will meet your ideal man and he is rich. Actually, he is not just rich. He is also very famous. But don’t expect to get this the easy way. Of course there will be so much problems that you have to overcome. You will be hurt but then again you will be rewarded if you stay strong.”, said the guy who tells fortune near the sea.

: “But how do I know that he’s already the one?”

G: “You would now. Trust me ‘coz faith will bring you 2 together. If you happen to have 7 coincidences then, think twice and also watch out for electricity.”

: “I don’t understand your signs.”

G: “Don’t worry. You will soon understand.”

지효 (Ji hyo) was then woken up by the sound of her alarm clock indicating that she needs to prepare for school.

(At the faculty room)

지효 (Ji hyo) was too tired from the day’s activities so she was just resting on her desk when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and immediately smiled when she saw who it was.

송: “Hello, 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa). Why did you call?”

유: “Nothing. I just want to see how you’re doing.”

송: “Oh, I’m fine just tired that’s all.”

유: “I must have tired you out yesterday. Have you slept well?”

송: “Yes I did. And no you didn’t it was fun. Today was just so hectic that it’s exhausting.”

유: “That’s nice to hear. You should relax a little. Don’t stress yourself too much. Okay I’ll hang up now, I have a meeting in 20 minutes and I just wanted to see how you’re doing. Please rest well 지효 (Ji hyo). Bye.”

송: “네, 오빠 (Ne, oppa) I will. Thank you. Bye.”

지효 (Ji hyo) put down the phone. Then she got a shock from 별 (Byul).

별: “Yah! Who was that?”

송: “Nobody, just one of my friends.”

별: “야! 송지효! (Ya! Song Ji hyo!) Don’t try to deny it ‘coz I saw everything. One moment you’re tired then with just a phone call you look so happy and recharged. Come on, out with it. Who is it?”

지효 (Ji hyo) knows that she can’t escape 별 (Byul) so she just told her the truth.

송: “Okay fine. It’s 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk).”

별: “Wow! I never thought it would happen this fast. You were just mad at him and now look at you so in love.”

송: “Stop it I’m not in love we’re just friends. But I wanted to tell you something.”

별: “What is it?”

송: “I had a dream earlier about the guy who foretold my future.”

별: “Well like I told you. How about we do this, let’s match it alright? Rich, famous that’s 재석오빠 (Jae suk oppa).”

송: “There are so many rich and famous guys in Korea you know but I know how to be sure.”

별: “How? Tell me.”

송: “My dream was like a repeat of the day we went to that guy so now I remember every word that he said. He told me about the 7 coincidences and then I have to think twice and there is also this thing about electricity.”

별: “Okay then think about 7 go.”

송: “1st at the airport, 2nd at the k-mall suite, 3rd the dinner, 4th the wedding picture, 5th at the reception of your wedding, 6th at the bus to the trip, and 7th at the field trip’s activities.”

별: “Wow that’s 7. Now the only thing left is the electricity.”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) remembered something) “Last night our hands slightly touched and there was strong electricity that coursed through us.”

별: “That’s it! We figured it out! 유재석 (Yoo Jae suk) is the one for you. Wait, you 2 were together last night?” (지효 (Ji hyo) just smiled)

But then somebody knocked at the door looking for 지효 (Ji hyo). It was a delivery. It was a bouquet of flowers, her favorite flowers. when she looked at the card she found out that it was from 종국 (Jong kook). She was disappointed but 별 (Byul) pointed out that he could also be the one.

별: “Don’t be like that, look here. He is rich and famous. Think of 7 coincidences.”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) thought hard) “1st at the airport, 2nd at the k-mall suite, 3rd at your wedding, 4th at the reception of your wedding, 5th  at the company party he was wearing the same color as me, 6th these are my favorite flowers, and 7th he told me once that we attended the same elementary school.”

별: “야 (ya), that’s also 7. The only thing left is the electricity.”

Then a knock on the door came and 김종국 (Kim Jong kook) was there as if on cue.

김: “Hello ladies, what were you talking about?” (지효 and 별 (Ji hyo and Byul) just looked at each other) OH! I see you got my flowers. Aren’t they nice? They’re my favorite. (He took 지효’s (Ji hyo’s) hand and kissed it. Then, suddenly the lights went off) OH! The power is out.”

별: (Whispering to 지효 (Ji hyo)) “Electricity.”

송: (To 종국 (Jong kook)) “Why are you here?”

김: “We have a meeting with the board of this school. Why, you didn’t want to see me?”

송: “No, it’s okay I’m not in a position to throw you away or anything. By the way thanks for the flowers, they’re lovely.”

김: “No problem. Wouldn’t you invite me to sit down?”

송: “Oh please have a seat.”

As 종국 (Jong kook) was about to sit down 재석 (Jae suk) opened the door to the room where they were and called 종국 (Jong kook).

유: “종국아! (Jong kook ah!) Why are you here? The meeting is going to start in 10 minutes. (Then he saw 별 and 지효 (Byul and Ji hyo)) OH! Hello 별 (Byul), Hello 지효 (Ji hyo). (Then he turned to 종국 (Jong kook) once again) “야 (ya) get up! Let’s go.”

송: “Why don’t you sit here for a moment 오빠 (oppa)?” (지효 (Ji hyo) offered him a seat)

유: “No thanks we have to go or else we will be late. Thank you 지효아 (Ji hyo ah). Are you done with your class? Would you wait for me here? I’ll give you a ride home.”

송: “Okay 오빠 (oppa) I’ll wait for you here just tell me if you’re done with your meeting.” (She smiled at him)

유: “Okay then. (He smiled back at her) You let’s go now! (He said to 종국 (Jong kook)) I’m sorry for bothering you guys like this I sincerely apologize.”

Then he left. 종국 (Jong kook) smiled inwardly.

김: “Wah he beat me again. (He said to himself) Okay it’s time to work. Goodbye ladies. See you later 지효씨 (Ji hyo ssi).” (Wink)

종국 (Jong kook) then went out and went after 재석 (Jae suk). He called him asking him to wait up for him.

김: “형 (hyung) wait up! I want to ask you something.”

유: “What?”

김: “Is 지효 (Ji hyo) your girlfriend?”

유: “No she is not. She’s a special friend to me. Why?”

김: “Well, the simple answer is I like her and I’m going to court her so can I ask you a favor?”

유: “What is it?”

김: “Can you stay away from her? Don’t let her see you or contact you in any way. 형 (hyung) you already have everything, can you at least give her to me? I promise to take care of her. I promise I will not make her cry.”

유: (재석 (Jae suk) didn’t want to give him 지효 (Ji hyo) ‘coz he also likes her but it is also true that 종국 (Jong kook) was always nice to him so he thought of something that would let him off the hook at least for the moment) “What are you talking about 지효 (Ji hyo) Is not even mine so why are you telling me to give her to you. This guy, let’s just go to work alright?”

김: “I know 형 (hyung) but please think about it. This is the only thing that I would ask of you please consider it. I’ve always hang back for you please just this once hang back for me. I’ll stop when she tells me to then I won’t stop you anymore. Let’s go to work.”

They both went to the meeting place and started working.

(Later that day)

지효 (Ji hyo) was working on her lesson plan when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up and saw 재석 (Jae suk) opening the door. They smiled at each other.

유: “Ready to go?”

송: “Let me just finish this.”

유: “Can I come in?”

송: “Of course. Please take a seat. This will just take a minute.”

유: “Thank you (Sitting down) please don’t worry about me and just take your time. I’m sorry for making you wait.”

송: “It’s okay. Besides I got to do my lesson plan and it’s not that long a wait anyway.”

Then there was silence between them for a few minutes. Then, 재석 (Jae suk) decided to break the silence.

유: “Um . . . 지효아 (Ji hyo ah) . . . can I ask you something?”

송: “Of course 오빠 (oppa). Feel free to ask.”

유: “What do you think of 종국 (Jong kook)?”

송: (지효 (Ji hyo) was surprised by this sudden question) “Uh . . . well . . . I think he’s nice.”

유: “Does he fit you ideal guy?”

송: “Um . . . Sometimes, I guess. Why do you ask?”

유: “Uh well . . . Nothing really just wanted to know.”

송: “Oh okay . . . I’m done. Let’s go?”

유: “Sure. Let’s go.”

재석 (Jae suk) dropped 지효 (Ji hyo) home and said their goodbyes. He told her to take care and that he will be busy for a few weeks. He told her that as if he was going away somewhere. 지효 (Ji hyo) was confused but she just accepted what he was saying and bid him farewell as well. in his ride home 재석 (Jae suk) thought and he have decided that 종국 (Jong kook) was right. So he would just let him court 지효 (Ji hyo) and just stay on the sidelines. He knows that it will be very hard but he would do it even though what he’s feeling for  지효 (Ji hyo) is not ordinary. He thought to himself that he should think of others first and not his own happiness.