Finally, Junior Year

MA BOY, JUNG DAEHYUN

“Dance to the left to the right. You make me feel alive live, wonderful tonight night.”

I woke up hearing my alarm. It was set to my favorite song by VIXX. I took a glance at the alarm and it said 6:30am. I quickly got ready and put on my school uniform that I neatly ironed last night.

 Today was the first day of my junior year and I have been waiting for this day to come. But at the same time I felt sad at the fact that I was graduating soon. Still, I put on my happy face and went downstairs. I didn’t take a second look at myself in the mirror because I didn’t care about the way I looked. I don’t get how people look at themselves in the mirror for hours. They might as well look at themselves for the rest of their life.

When I entered the kitchen, it smelled delightful.

 “Omma it smells great in here. What are you cooking”?

I was really craving for what Omma was cooking.

 “Ah, Soeun you got ready already. Your old lady is just cooking curry and kimchi with rice for you to pack to school.”

“Omma! I told you not to ever say that. You are not old; you will always be young to me…forever.”

“Aish. You always care about me. That’s what I love about you my daughter. “

“Omma, of course. Also thanks for your delicious foods”.

“Well anyways sweetie, are you ready for your first day as a junior?”

I nodded,” yes I am and I can’t wait to see Naeun. It’s been a while since we both saw each other.”

I was too busy being excited and lost track of time.

“ Omma I will be leaving now or else I’ll be late.”

She gave me my lunch and I said goodbye to her and headed out the door. I skipped joyfully all the way to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 When I got to the gates of the school, it had a sign that said T.S. High School. Every year the school staffs would polish the sign so it was always shiny.

 As soon as I got inside, I saw familiar faces from my previous classes. But as I looked around I didn’t see Naeun anywhere. Maybe she’s not here yet I figured.

While I was continuing to walk inside, someone bumped into me causing me to fall to the ground. I landed with a thud and textbooks falling out of my bag.

Without seeing who bumped into me, I immediately apologized.

“Sorry I didn’t see you”.

I looked up to see who it was but couldn’t. The sun glowed behind him blinding me making me squint. He had soft brown hair that partly covered his eyes. He brushed himself off, gave me a cold stare and walked away.

I was furious that he didn’t even bother to help me or apologize.

“YAH! YOU’RE NOT EVEN GONNA HELP ME UP OR APOLOGIZE?!”

He acted as if he didn’t hear me and kept on walking. Ugh I hate guys like him. Guys can be such jerks!

But who was that guy though? I’ve been attending T.S. High School for 3 years and never notice who that was.

I remember him from somewhere but can’t get it off the tip of my fingers.

I quickly pick myself up and dusted the grass and dirt of me. I noticed other student were looking at me and having conversations back and forth. Aish, it’s my first day as a junior and yet someone already ruined the beginning of it.

Before I knew it, the bell had rung. I found my locker and quickly jammed my books in to it. I sighed deeply and headed to class.

***************

hey guys. finally got the first chapter up.! the beginning is kinda slow i noe but ill get the next chapters up!..^-^