Chapter 8

The Legend of a Mafia's Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You entered the room and quietly closed the door. Awed by the surrounding, you didn’t know Kris was staring at you. You walked over to the book shelf and glided your fingers through the books. Kris found your awed expression quite adorable and purposely stayed silent for you to explore his office. You shifted your gaze away from the books and gasped when you finally notice him. *How rude of me!*

“I’m so sorry, master. I didn’t see you there…” you apologized and bowed multiple times. “It’s ok…” Kris cleared his throat as his ears turned pink. “W-what was it you want to see me about, master?” you stuttered, worried that he would fire you. “I thought I told you to call me Kris?…I am invited to a business party tomorrow and I need a partner…And since you’re worker for me, I would like you to go with me.” Kris ordered. “M-me?” you stuttered. Kris looked straight into your eyes and nodded.

“B-but…t-that isn’t my job…” you pointed out. Kris raised a brow “On page 5, rule number 77. Always follow the master’s orders…didn’t you read the rules?” your jaw dropped. *How could he remember all the rules…and rule 77? I threw the booklet after finishing rule number 7.* he patiently waited for your answer. You nervously smiled and honestly shook your head.

Kris rolled his eyes and heaved. “After I dismiss you, go back and read the rule book. I’ll tell Nada to go shopping for your dress…Dismissed!” Kris faced his computer. You pouted but bowed and walked towards the door. “…About yesterday and this morning…forget it.” Kris kept his focus on the computer screen. You blushed madly and managed to squeak out an ‘ok’.

Closing the door, you fanned your face and inhaled. *What was that about?*

….

“Why are we getting ready so early?” you sleepily mumbled as Nada sat you at the make-up table. “Well, you need to look nice for tonight!” Nada excitedly exclaimed. “Yea, tonight! It’s only 8 in the morning!” you pointed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter