Chapter 19

The Legend of a Mafia's Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was midnight. Everyone was peacefully sleeping including you. Knock knock. Someone knocked on your bedroom door. You groaned and stirred but went back to slumber. Outside your bedroom, little Kevin was patiently waiting for you to open the door while holding his toy lion. Kevin pouted and knocked again but still no reply.

Getting on his tip toes, he reached for the knob and opened the door. He stepped in and softly closed the door. "Yu jie jie?" he whispered. He saw your figure stirred and walked over. "Yu jie jie~" he shook your arm lightly. You opened one eye and turned to the voice. "Kevin?" you mumbled.

Rubbing your eyes, you sat up and lifted Kevin onto the bed. "Is something wrong? Or do you need something? Water? Pee?" you asked. Kevin shook his head and hugged his toy lion closely. "Can I sleep here? With you?" You softened "Why? Did you have a nightmare?" you touched his fringe as he nodded.

"I saw Yu jie jie running away from Kevin...Yu jie jie love Kevin right? Yu jie jie won't leave Kevin right?" Kevin was close to tears. You embraced him and soothed his back. "Of course Yu jie jie loves you. I won't leave you unless you tell me to leave..." You patted his back in comfort. Kevin wiped his tears away and hugged you tightly.

You rocked him side to side and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Yu jie jie..." Kevin sat up. You looked at him and smiled encouragingly. "...is ma ma someone pretty?" you blinked in surprised. *...Kevin's ma ma...I've just realised. Kris never talks about his wife...* Kevin lightly nagged your arm. "Is it? Is ma ma someone who will take care of me like the elephants?"

You softened. "Yes...your ma m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter