Chapter 6

Amnesia

"Good morning Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun jumped in surprise when he heard a voice behind him, turning around, Baekhyun instantly smiled as soon as he recognized the person that greeted him. "Good morning Taeyeon noo-" 

"Na-ah." Taeyeon said cutting him off while waving her index finger. "I mean, Taeyeon." He said with a sheepish grin and Taeyeon nodded her head in approval. "What are you doing this early at school?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun scratched his nape. "We have a short test coming later. I.. I was planning to study with Kai before the classes start." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Am I bothering you then? Maybe you should go to the library now." She said understanding where Baekhyun will since he was planning to study. 

"No, it's alright." He said with a small smile. "No and no. I'll just see you later at lunch." Taeyeon said as she grabbed Baekhyun's shoulder and turned him away from her before lightly pushing him towards the way to the library. 

"Study." She said and was about to push him again when Baekhyun's phone rang. Stopping their pace, Baekhyun fished his phone out from his uniform pocket and read the message.

I won't be at school today, I'm sick and haven't studied yet. - Kai

Baekhyun read Kai's message over and over again in disbelief. He expected for the latter to come to school early that day to study for the test but it seems like he was wrong, Kai pleaded Baekhyun to teach him about the upcoming test and Baekhyun agreed expecting the latter to put in some effort to pass only to get a message from his friend saying he can't come, he can only shake his head in disappointment. 

"Something wrong?" Taeyeon asked when she noticed Baekhyun staring at his phone. "It seems like my friend can't come. He called in sick." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "You're going to study alone then?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head before scratching his nape. "I'm actually done studying, Kai just asked for my help to study." Baekhyun explained. 

"Oh.. too bad." Taeyeon said not knowing what else to say, Baekhyun can only smile. 

"It's alright, I think I'll just grab some breakfast since it's still a few hours before the classes starts." Baekhyun said. "Do.. you want to go too?" He added thinking that it might be rude not to ask her. "Why not?" She said before motioning Baekhyun to lead and the latter nodded his head.

"So.." Taeyeon started as soon as they settled inside a cafe near the school. "You're on your senior year. How does it feel?" She continued. Hearing her question, Baekhyun can only smile. "It feels good to be on my last year at school. I feel like all the hardwork I did in the junior days paid off and as soon as I graduate all the hardwork I did all these years will get paid off too and thinking about it now, once I graduate.. my parents won't worry about my school anymore." He said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head, an amused smile visible in her face. 

"It's hard to find students like you nowadays. They're all lazy to study." Taeyeon said followed by a chuckle. "But I'm one of them." she finished with a laugh making Baekhyun laugh too. 

"Well, we had a share of those lazy days." Baekhyun said with a grin and Taeyeon nodded her head agreeing with him. 

"I agree with you on that." Taeyeon stated. "But seriously, you sound like a responsible son talking about your parents like that." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled a little. "I just feel like indebted to them." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "You're the first and only person I've heard saying you're indebted to your own parents." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "It's a long explanation." He said with a chuckle. 

"Tell me about it." Taeyeon said mindlessly while poking her cupcake. 

"I was adopted." Baekhyun said making he, himself surprise with the sudden statement. Taeyeon immediately looked up upon hearing his words. "I.." Taeyeon started and Baekhyun weakly smiled. "It's alright. Surprised aren't you?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon lightly nodded her head. "But it's alright." She immediately said. "I won't judge." She added. 

"Thank you." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled. "It's cool." She said dismissing him with a wave of a hand making the latter chuckle but as soon as it died down, an awkward silence wrapped around them making Taeyeon face palm. 

"Something.. wrong?" Baekhyun asked upon seeing her face palm. "This feels so awkward." Taeyeon said with an annoyed groan making him chuckle never in his life did he met a girl as straightforward as Taeyeon and he has to admit that he likes it. "I agree with you on that." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"Let's not be awkward please." Taeyeon said with a frown making Baekhyun laugh. "Let's not." He said and Taeyeon nodded her head. Soon, silence wrapped around them and they both looked down but as soon as they look up and their eyes met, the two burst out laughing making the people around them inside the cafe look at them incredulously. 

"Goodness, this is hopeless." Taeyeon said while fanning her face and Baekhyun shook his head. "I know." He said agreeing with her. 

"Should we head back to school now?" Taeyeon asked as soon as she caught a glimpse of the clock at the cafe. Looking to where the latter is looking at, Baekhyun chuckled before nodding his head. "Sure, I could use a few minutes to prepare before classes." He said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head as they both grabbed their drinks and head out. 

 

 

"Okay, class dismissed." The teacher announced as soon as the school bell rung. Without saying their goodbyes, the students hurriedly packed their bags and scurried out of the classroom without even looking back to their teacher. 

"Oh, well.." Baekhyun heard his teacher said as soon as the class dispersed. "Have a good day Mrs. Choi." Baekhyun said as he slid his bag on his shoulder. "Oh, thank you. You too." The teacher said with the brightest smile she could muster, after all she's one of the nicest teacher Baekhyun likes. 

"Thank you, I'll be heading home now. Thank you for the hardwork." He said giving his teacher a final bow before going out of his homeroom. Looking around, Baekhyun shook his head upon seeing the instantly empty hallways. It was always funny to him to see the school become empty instantly as soon as the last school bell rings. 

Shaking his head away from his thoughts, Baekhyun heard someone cough making him look around. 

Hearing another fit of cough, Baekhyun turned his eyes towards the stairs and heard the coughs coming from upstairs. Confused, Baekhyun walked upstairs wondering who would be there and why would the person be there when it was the last floor of the building. Successfully climbing up, Baekhyun looked from left to right and saw that the doors of the one of the old classroom at the end of the hall was open and again, he heard a cough. Much worse this time. 

Worried, Baekhyun ran towards the door and saw someone standing in the middle of the room with a rag on her hand. "Excuse me?" Baekhyun said making the person turn and Baekhyun's eyes widened when he saw that it was Taeyeon, her face red. "Are you alright?" He said as he made his way towards her and observed the messy room filled with dust. 

Must be the reason of her coughs, Baekhyun thought. 

"Y-Yeah." Taeyeon answered before coughing again and out of reflex, Baekhyun ran towards her and patted her back. "What are you doing here anyways?" Baekhyun asked worriedly as he take another look around the room. "It's dirty." He said and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head trying to prevent another cough but this time, she sneezed. "I'm bine." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. 

"Bine?" He asked with a chuckle knowing what Taeyeon meant. "Pffi--" 

Before Taeyeon could even finish, she sneezed again making Baekhyun shake his head. "Let's get outside first." He said as he grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the dusty room and once they were out, Taeyeon stopped coughing and sneezing. "Are you alright now?" He asked and Taeyeon shrugged, her nose visibly red. 

"I don't think you should go back there inside, where are the other interns anyway that you're cleaning alone?" He asked with a frown and Taeyeon smiled sheepishly. "They already left and I stayed." She said and Baekhyun sighed as he face palmed. "Go home. rest." He said and Taeyeon shook her head. "I need to finish cleaning the room, it'll be our quarters and we'll have a few works tomorrow. We can't possibly add cleaning this room on the list." Taeyeon explained and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Have you talked to the president?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Yeah, the janitor won't be here until Friday." Taeyeon answered. "The other two?" Baekhyun asked. "One resigned, the other one.. well.. the other one hasn't showed up yet." Taeyeon said while fiddling with her fingers. "It'll take you until late night if you're going to finish that and by the looks of it, you can't even stay in a dusty place for too long. You'll get sick." He said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I know." She said with a pout making Baekhyun sigh. 

"I'll clean it for you, go home."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: WHO WANTS FLUFF?!

Okay, this story really reminds me of Airplanes and I don't know why *cries* I'm back readers, and I'll try to update regularly from now on~ 

Now tell me who wants some lovin' between the two characters here so I can make some fluff. *Gasp* I'm practically letting my readers tell me whatever they like to happen here. Now off you go and tell me~ It's just for today  *evil laugh* 

Give the old author some ideas *laughs*

Thanks for reading!