Chapter 22

Amnesia

"Umma? Appa?" Baekhyun called as he stopped midway at the staircase. Looking down on the living room, Baekhyun noticed that the lights were turned off already. Heaving out a sigh, he continued to walk down further. 

Stopping at the last step, Baekhyun turned left and walked to ward the way where his parent's room are. 

"Umma, appa?" Baekhyun called as he liftes his hand up and knocked on the door. "Come in." He heard his father's voice said. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun held onto the knob and turned it as he slowly opened the door. 

"Is there anything you need?" His mother asked as soon as he stepped inside the room. Closing the door, Baekhyun let go of the knob and scratched his nape. 

"Can I talk to the both of you?" He asked hesitantly and his mother patted the bed. Nodding his head, Baekhyun sat at the edge of it with his eyes avoiding his parent's gaze. 

"Is there a problem?" It was his father that asked. "I... I just wanted to tell you something." Baekhyun said as he fidgeted his finger like a little kid that got scolded by his parents. 

"Go ahead." His mother said, her voice so full of warmth and gentleness that Baekhyun felt guiltier for not coming out clean to them any sooner. 

"I did something wrong." He said, looking down on the floor. His feet suddenly becing insteresting to look at.

"And?" His father asked. 

"I just wanted to apologize to the two of you for not telling you any sooner. I know the school already called the two of you and probably told you what I have done and I feel guilty because.." He trailed before looking up, only to meet his parent's encouraging gaze. 

He took a deep breath.

"Because you never said anything even when.. I know that it disappointed you and that probably you're mad at me." He finished, a frown appearing. 

"Baekhyun-ah." His mother called making him look up. "Yes?" He asked like a little kid. 

"We were disappointed, yes. But we were never mad at you." She said with a smile and Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief. 

"But you have to tell us the exact and complete truth. We know you're not the type of guy who will just get into a fight without a reason." His father said. 

"So tell us." He added and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"The guy I punched, he's a bully at school." He started. "He bullies everyone but he bullies me mostly. I kept my mouth shut about it, but then it was the last straw when he got a friend of mine involved." He continued his fists clenching as he remembered Taeyeon's face that day.

He kept blaming himself for what had happened to her and up until now, it didn't falter. 

"It wasn't just simple anymore, it almost cost my friend's life and I knew I had to fight back. What I did there, was partly intentional." He revealed making both of his parents gasp. "Intentional?" His father asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"It was all the pent up anger I've held for all those days he bullied and another part of it was self defense. I needed to protect myself and my friend." He finished and both of his parents have worried look on their faces.

"I heard.. that friend is a girl?" His nother asked and Baekhyun gulped. He doesn't want his parents to know about him and Taeyeon yet, he doesn't want to give them another disappointment. 

"Yes, umma." He answered. "Do you.. like her?" His mother and Baekhyun, like it was programmed to do so shook his head. 

"No, umma. I don't like her." He stated his voice confident.

I love her, he thought. 

"I was just trying to protect her. She's not supposed to be involved but she's friends with me that's why Chanyeol used her to get back to me, he set me up at school saying that I tried to cheat but she.. she stepped in and defended me. She's the witness of Chanyeol's lies." He said. "Chanyeol despised that." He added.

"Is that friend alright now?" His father asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "What about that.. Chanyeol?" His mother asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

"I haven't heard of him yet after the incident." He said and both of his parents nodded their heads. 

"Aren't you going to scold me?" He asked making both of his look at hin questioningly. Seeing this, Baekhyun sighed. "I mean, I punched someone and sent them to the hospital. I disappointed you, aren't you going to scold me?" He asked and his father smiled. 

"Like your mother said we aren't mad at you. Disappointed, yes but hearing you telling us the truth is enough. Just don't get used to using violence as a way to stop problems, learn from your experiences." His.father explained and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"I will, appa." He answered. 

"Okay, we're glad you told us the truth." His father said and Baekhyun up before giving them a bow. "I'm going up. Sleep well, umma, appa.." He said and without waiting for his parent's reply, he went out of the room, heaving out a sigh of relief as so as he closed the door.

Well, at least they're cool with it, He thought.

About to go upstairs again, Baekhyun stopped his steps midway when his phone rang. Taking it out of his pocket, a frown instantly appeared on his face when he saw the sender's name. 

Go to the nearby park, I want to tell you something.

- Park Chanyeol

"What does he want now?" Baekhyun muttered under his breath. Shaking his head, Baekhyun decided to go instead.

 

 

 

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he saw Chanyeol standing nearby a stall. A hood thrown over his head.

"Now, now. I came here to make peace." Chanyeol said as he removed his hood and Baekhyun took a step back when he saw Chanyeol's face.

His left eyes was swollen, his cheeks were bruised and the side of his lips and brows was cut, a stain of fresh blood still visible. 

"What happened?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol shrugged. "My father can't take that I got beaten up and brought disappointment to him." Chanyeol said with a bitter chuckle.

"Were you suspended?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded his head. 

"Yeah, I was." He said with a frown and Baekhyun felt nothing but pity and compassion for the latter. 

"Will you transfer?" He asked and Chanyeol shrugged.

"With my father's hatred towards me? I doubt so." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Why did you ask me to come here?" Baekhyun asked. 

"To make peace." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"I know you better than this." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol raised his brows, looking at Baekhyun questioningly.

Baekhyun took a deep breath. 

"Punch." He said.

And Chanyeol did.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Wait for the next chapter! There's gonna be so much that's gonna happen, so please do watch out. 

Thanks for reading!