Chapter 55

Amnesia

"No, it can't be." Taeyeon muttered. She was about to step forward and run after Baekhyun when she heard Junsu call her name. She looked at him with an unreadable expression in her face. Junsu noticed this and jogged towards her. 

"What's wrong?" Junsu asked worriedly, holding both Taeyeon's arms and looking into her eyes trying to search the answer. "Nothing. I'm just suddenly felt dizzy." Taeyeon lied and faked a smile, intensely hoping that Junsu will believe her. 

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes. Go help your brother." Taeyeon pleaded when she saw everyone helping Baekhyun go inside the car. 

"Okay, wait here." Junsu gently squeezed her arm and jog back to his brother.

Taeyeon can only sigh and prevent tears from spilling out. 

--

"So this is our humble home." Kai said when he opened the door to their apartment and pushed Baekhyun's wheelchair in. He stopped in the middle of the living room and went back outside to help Chanyeol get his remaining things. 

Baekhyun weakly stood up from his wheelchair and dropped himself on the sofa. He looked around and sighed.

"Need anything?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun smiled.

-- 

"So tell me, why did you look like that earlier?" Junsu asks as he settles a cup of coffee in front of Taeyeon. They were out in a random cafe near the hospital after making sure that Junsu's parents are back home safely. 

"Look like what?" Taeyeon asks bringing the cup to her lips and taking a sip from it. 

"It certainly did not look like you were dizzy earlier, Taeyeon-ah." Junsu sighed. "You look like were about to cry... and you looked like you were about to run after my brother." Junsu said, his voice strained as if he's holding something back. 

Taeyeon felt speechless. Does Junsu know? 

Was it too obvious?

"Are you hiding something from me?" Junsu added. 

"No." Taeyeon answered. "Why are you even saying those things?" she added and noticed Junsu backing down. She sighed in relief. 

"I just thought-"

"Thought what?" Taeyeon cut him off effectively taking the upperhand in the conversation. 

"Nothing, Taeyeon. Nothing." Junsu answered trying to admit defeat and looked down. He knows he doesn't want to win the argument anyway, and he felt like he's in the wrong after accusing his fiancee of such things. 

Fiancee, he realized. 

"I can't believe you're accusing me of something here." Taeyeon said, she felt like a hypocrite, saying all these things even when she knows that it's the truth, but Junsu must never find out. "And we haven't even talked about what you told your parents." she added making Junsu look up at her. 

"But.. don't we want the same thing?" Junsu asked. "Isn't that what we both wanted that's why we went back here?" He added. 

Isn't it? Taeyeon thought. 

"Yes, but in case you've forgotten, you told them without asking me." Taeyeon started. "Look, I.. love you. But I would be lying if I say that I wasn't surprised when you suddenly dropped the marriage bomb to your parents without even letting me know about it." 

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon-ah. But you do want to marry me right?" Junsu asked, reaching out for her hand on the other side of the table and caressing it. 

Taeyeon forced a smile and nodded.

--

"So, do you need anything?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun smiled. He shook his head and slowly stood up. 

Kai was about to run and help him but Baekhyun raised his hand midway effectively stopping him from his tracks. 

"I can do it on my own, thanks." He reach for his cane and walked towards the kitchen. He walked towards one of the cupboards and opened it taking a certain mug inside making Kai and Chanyeol gasp. 

"No way..."