Chapter 12

Amnesia

“Baekhyun, wait. What are you doing?” Kai asked as soon as Baekhyun turned his way back to school. 

“Taeyeon’s in danger.” Baekhyun said, his voice in a rush. Yanking his friend’s hand away from his arm, Baekhyun didn’t waste any second as he ran back to school making his friend run after him. Arrving at the school building, Baekhyun stood by at the entrance and looked from left to right. 

“I’ll go look around this floor, and the second. Go to the third and fourth.” Kai said and Baekhyun nodded his head before stopping when he reached the stairs leading upstairs. “Call the school guards!” He said with urgency and Kai nodded his head as he watched his friend run upstairs frantically. 

Giving all his strength to run the flight of stairs, Baekhyun didn’t even gave himself a time to breathe when he heard a scream from the fourth floor. Letting a big huff of air, Baekhyun dashed at the last flight of stairs determined to save Taeyeon.

Arriving at the last and highest floor, Baekhyun looked at both of the ends of the hall. “Taeyeon!” He shouted but it was only silence that responded, looking at the door at the end wing, Baekhyun ran towards it and tried to open the knob when he realized that it was locked. 

“Taeyeon!” He shouted, the tone of his voice in complete panic. “Baekhyun! He-- aah!” 

Baekhyun heard Taeyeon shouted in pain, not having any choice, Baekhyun tried to hit the door with his shoulders not caring about the terrible pain it caused him, successfully busting the door open, Baekhyun gasped when he saw Taeyeon kneeling on the floor with two other students holding each of her arms, one side of her cheek was red in hue, and tears uncontrollably ran down her face. 

“Get off her!” Baekhyun shouted and launched himself on the first guy he landed his head first. Earning a punch from Baekhyun, the guy fell on the floor unconscious but the latter didn’t manage to dodge the punch that came from the other making Baekhyun fall on the ground. 

He groaned in pain and his vision blurred. 

“Baekhyun, get up. Please don’t hurt him.” 

He heard Taeyeon’s pleading voice. Shaking his head, Baekhyun was about to get up when he saw another punch coming his way making him roll on the floor before standing up instead. Getting up with his wobbly knees, Baekhyun launched himself back on the guy. 

‘If someone tries to hurt you, do what I taught you to do.’ Baekhyun heard his brother’s voice at the back of his head. 

He already lost himself the moment he saw Taeyeon’s state and he’s not going to let anyone get away with what they did to her.

Lunging himself on the first guy, Baekhyun jabbed his fist on the downside part of the latter’s body making him scream in pain before landing on the floor, ending up the same way his friend did. Turning his head to Chanyeol who was standing at the corner of the room, Baekhyun wiped the blood on the side of his lips before stomping his way to Chanyeol, his eyes are empty and all that’s on his mind was to take revenge for what they did to Taeyeon. 

Seeing Chanyeol about to run out of the room, Baekhyun grabbed the back of his collar and harshly pushed him against the wall making Chanyeol groan. “S-Stop.” Chanyeol said and the side of Baekhyun’s lips curved upwards turning into a smirk. “You think I will let you get away with it?” Baekhyun asked, his voice dangerously low. 

It wasn’t him that was talking anymore. 

Lifting his hand up, Baekhyun breathed hard as he landed the back of his hand against the lower part of Chanyeol’s neck rendering him completely unconscious, seeing this sight before her, Taeyeon can’t help but to feel scared. 

It wasn’t the Baekhyun she knew. 

Not having enough, Baekhyun grabbed the Chanyeol’s collar and landed a punch on his face. “Baekhyun! Stop!” Taeyeon shouted and tried to get up but her knees gave it away, she can’t help but to cry as she watch Baekhyun beat up Chanyeol. 

“Baekhyun, what the hell are you doing?!” Kai asked in shock when he saw Baekhyun sitting on top of Chanyeol landing punches everywhere on the unconscious guy’s body, his fist was stained with blood already. Chanyeol’s blood. 

Knowing that his friend was nowhere near stopping, Kai pulled away Baekhyun from Chanyeol only to get pushed away. 

Baekhyun was going to kill Chanyeol, Kai knew. 

“Baekhyun.” Taeyeon said with a pleading voice, ignoring the terrible pain on her bleeding knees, Taeyeon stood up and limply walked towards Baekhyun, standing in front of him before he can even hit Chanyeol again, putting her hands against his cheeks, Taeyeon stared straight into his eyes as her sobbing never ceased. 

“Stop, please.” Taeyeon begged. “Stop.” She said as she fell on her knees rendering Baekhyun shock. 

“Stop.. please.” Taeyeon said, choked by her own sobs. Dropping on his knees, Baekhyun stared into nothing finally realizing what he just did and before he knew it, Taeyeon arms are wrapped around his neck and only her sobs can be heard. 

Looking down, Baekhyun caught sight of his hands that was at Taeyeon’s sides refusing to touch her. 

It was stained with blood. 

“I..” Baekhyun trailed. “Are you hurt?” He asked and Taeyeon, even in pain shook her head not wanting him to worry anymore. 

“What happened here?!” They heard a voice from behind, it was the school president with two of the school guards standing by at the door. 

“Kim Taeyeon, Byun Baekhyun what on the earth is this?!” The president asked, anger clearly evident just by the tone of his voice. 

“Sir, it was not them that started this. I’m the one who called for you.” Kai said as he watched the two got up. 

Seeing the faces of the unconscious students, the president heaved out a sigh when he saw Chanyeol lying on the floor, knocked out cold. “Treat your wounds and go to my office, I want a statement from the three of you. No one can go home unless you give me your explanations.” The president said with a stern voice. 

“Call the school doctor here.” The president said before walking out of the room as the school guard proceeded to call for the school doctor. 

“Let’s get you treated.” Baekhyun said and was about to pull Taeyeon with him when he heard Taeyeon hiss in pain. Looking back to her, Baekhyun eyes landed on Taeyeon’s wounded knees. Having no choice, Baekhyun knelt in front of her and carried the latter on his back ignoring the terrible pain on his shoulder and face. 

Knowing that the latter was in pain too, Taeyeon can’t help but to bury her face on his shoulder and cry.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *cries* I know, I know. 

Thanks for reading~ 

Please wait for the next chapter! *bows*