Chapter 4

Amnesia

"Why are you looking for him?" The teacher asked with irritation in his voice, not wanting to be rude, Taeyeon forced a small smile. "I can prove his innocence." She stated making everyone inside the room gasp and soon turn into a buzz, Taeyeon sighed. 

People these days, she thought as she looked at the students whispering to each other. 

"Shush!" the teacher warned making the room silent again, Taeyeon can't help but smirk. 

"Who are you anyways?" The teacher asked as if daring her to lie but Taeyeon knew she could do better than lying, and she wants to stand firm in her decision in defending the stranger in front of her. 

"I'm one of the interns here, sir and as I have said I can prove his innocence." Taeyeon repeated her last statement. "Okay, I'm going to let you prove his innocence then. Straightforwardly, please." The teacher dared stressing his last words and Taeyeon nodded her head before sending Baekhyun a glance. 

"There's a CCTV camera installed inside this classroom." Taeyeon simply stated and the class errupted into a buzz. "Impossible." The teacher said and Taeyeon sighed before shaking her head. 

"No, it was the president that asked us to install those cameras knowing that the exams are around and that students are tempted to cheat." Taeyeon stated. "The president expected some things like this to happen so he asked the three of the five interns to do the job and hide it from his faculty well at least until after the exams." Taeyeon added before taking a deep breath as she tried to continue her explanation.

"If you don't believe me, you can go to the security room and I can show you the footage at the same time see who the real culprit is." Taeyeon finished and the teacher raised his brows. 

"Real culprit?" He asked. "He's being set-up." Taeyeon answered. 

"And who's the culprit?" The teacher asked and without hesitation, Taeyeon lifted her index finger up and pointed at Chanyeol who now stood frozen in his place with his face pale. He didn't expect someone to see what he did, moreover, he felt afraid that the woman who was defending Baekhyun will take this to the president who is a relative of him. 

"Park Chanyeol." The teacher said without even a sound of surprise, he already expected the former to be the culprit knowing that the young guy was known as one of the school bullies. "In my office! Now!" He shouted as the guards at the front and back door of the classroom walked to him and stood by his side. "Don't run away, go." He said in a stern and serious voice making Chanyeol nod his head and leave to go to the office. 

"And you two." The teacher spoke up once Chanyeol left. "Follow." He commanded before walking out towards the way Chanyeol went. Watching the teacher walk away, Taeyeon sighed in relief before turning her head towards Baekhyun who's still rooted in his place, face pale. 

"Hey." Taeyeon called. No answer. 

"Hey." Taeyeon called, her voice louder this time with her fingers snapping in front of Baekhyun's face. 

"Y-Yes?" Baekhyun asked finally snapping out of his daze. "Are you alright? You look.. bad." Taeyeon said eyeing his face and Baekhyun gulped as he nodded his head. "I-I think I am." He answered and Taeyeon chuckled. "Shaken up?" She asked and Baekhyun slightly nodded his head. "Yeah, that was.." He trailed trying to find the right words to say. 

"Scary." Taeyeon continued making him smile a little. "Yeah, something like that." He answered. 

"You don't have to be afraid though, you're on the good side." Taeyeon said with a warm smile making Baekhyun feel at ease after the event earlier. "But as much as I hate to break it to you, you still need to go to the office and explain yourself." Taeyeon said followed with a chuckle as Baekhyun on the other hand sighed. 

"And here I thought it was over." He muttered but Taeyeon managed to hear it making her chuckle. 

"Not yet, but as much as I'd like to chat. We're still needed at the office." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Let's go." Taeyeon said as she motioned him to go outside which Baekhyun followed. 

"By the way.. I'm Taeyeon." Taeyeon said once they stepped out of the classroom, her eyes fixed at the hall in front of them. "I.. I'm Baekhyun." He answered stealing glances at her every now and then. "Can.. I ask you a favor?" Taeyeon suddenly said making Baekhyun raise his brows. 

She's a straightforward one, he thought. 

"Sure, what is it?" Baekhyun asked. "Tell them everything, I mean don't hide anything. Tell them honest answers, don't give that bully anymore cover." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head, surprised that the favor Taeyeon asked wasn't for herself but for his. 

"Y-Yes, I'll try." 

"No, don't try. Do so." Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. "S-Sure." He answered.

"Good." Taeyeon answered and both stopped in front of the office. 

"We're here." Taeyeon announced Baekhyun took a deep breath before reaching his hand out to the knob and turning it.

"Sir." Baekhyun called as soon as he and Taeyeon stepped inside the office. "Come here." The teacher said as he motioned the two to seat at the separate chair placed in front of Chanyeol who's now sending daggers to them through his eyes. Noticing it, the teacher frowned. "Park Chanyeol." He warned and Chanyeol looked away rying to control his temper. 

"Seat." The teacher said and both Taeyeon and Baekhyun took their respective seats.

"So mind telling me the problem?" 

 

 

"Umma, Appa. I'm home." Baekhyun lifelessly announced as soon as he entered his home. Looking around, Baekhyun frowned when he saw no signs of his parents. Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun shook his head and walked upstairs instead. 

Entering his room, Baekhyun dropped his bag on the floor before walking towards his study table. Taking a seat on his chair, Baekhyun grabbed one of the books in front of him and opened it without even reading the words written on the pages he kept turning. 

Not knowing what else is there to do, Baekhyun threw the book back on the table again and heaved another sigh but before he can do anything else, his phone rang. 

Picking it from his pocket, Baekhyun's brows furrowed when he saw the unknown number calling it but he answered anyways. 

"Hello?" He asked. "Hey." He heard a familiar voice on the other line. 

"Hyung?" He asked, unsure. 

"Yeah, it's me. How's my brother doing?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun sighed remembering the events that had happened earlier. "I'm good.. I think." Baekhyun said, his voice lifeless. 

"You think? Now that's unusual. What's the problem?" Junsu asked, worry evident at the tone of his voice. "Well.. I was.. there was some problem at school earlier. It was fixed now hyung, don't worry." Baekhyun said and didn't failed to hear the sigh Junsu made on the other lie. 

"Let me guess, it was Chanyeol that set you up?" Junsu asked. "Yeah, it was him hyung but don't worry it's been taken care of." Baekhyun said not wanting to worry and bother his brother that was on the other side of the world, being a burden to Junsu is the least thing he wants to do. 

"Tell him that if he ever gets worst, then he'll face his worst nightmare too." Junsu threatened and Baekhyun chuckled as he nodded his head as if the latter could see him. "Hyung, I'm not the same old Baekhyun anymore. I'm old enough to defend my self." Baekhyun said and heard Junsu chuckle on the other line.

"I know, it's been a while since I last saw you so blame me if I still remember the younger version of you." Junsu said followed by a laugh, Baekhyun shook his head. 

"I'm not like that anymore hyung, come on." Baekhyun whined and Junsu chuckled. "See?" Junsu said before errupting into laughter again. 

"I'll see you soon enough."

 

 

"Umma, Appa. You're home?" Baekhyun asked when he heard noises from downstairs. Running towards the kitchen, Baekhyun smiled when he saw his parents standing at the kitchen with grocery bags in their hands. 

"Oh, you're home." His mother said with a smile as soon as she saw Baekhyun standing at the kitchen door. "Need some help?" Baekhyun offered as he approached them. "You just came in the right time." His father said with a grin before handling him one of the bags. 

"Put this inside the fridge, please." 

"Sure, appa." Baekhyun said as he took the bag from his father and walked towards the fridge. "By the way, we bumped into one of your classmates at your school. He said you were called into the office befoer the exams. Why?" His mother asked and Baekhyun froze in place, he was still thinking whether to tell his parents the news or not but it seems like they already found out. 

"I.. it wasn't anything major. It was just a misunderstanding." Baekhyun explained. "I heard that they thought you were cheating." His father asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "I was set up." Baekhyun said and his father nodded. "Yes, we heard. But someone came to help you?" His father asked. 

"Yes, one of the interns came to help me." Baekhyun stated. "Are you.. disappointed?" He dared himself to asked. 

"No, we're not. We know you won't do such thing and we're glad that you're a good son." His mother explained. "But we would be lying if we say that it didn't made us worry. I mean, what will happen if that intern never came? What if that intern didn't defend you?" His mother said with a small frown. 

"It's fine , umma. It's done now." Baekhyun said. "You should thank that intern." His father suddenly said out of the blue making Baekhyun look at him instantly. 

"What?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Invite her over." 

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~! 

This was supposed to be posted a few days ago but it got deleted on my phone *cries* anyways, I have more free time now sooo that means more updates yay!

Thanks for reading!