Chapter 39

Amnesia

"That was an awesome speech back there!" Kai said as soon as Baekhyun approached him after the gradution rites finished. Giving his friend a high five, Baekhyun chuckled. 

"I know, thank you." He said while looking around seemingly looking around for something, or more like someone. 

"Looking for your 'inspiration'?" Kai said quoting the word with his fingers and Baekhyun chuckled. "Yes." He answered and Kai smirked. 

"You do know that your parents will ask about your 'inspiration' right? You've mention that a couple of times on your speech." Kai said and Baekhyun nodded his head while holding onto his graduation hat afraid that it might fall. "Yes, I know." He answered with a smile on his face making Kai look at him with brows raised.

"I'm going to tell mom and dad about her today." He continued with a proud grin and Kai looked at him in disbelief. "Seriously?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Seriously." He answered in confirmation.

"She knows?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded, the smile on his face didn't falter. "She knows." He answered making Kai pat his shoulder proudly.

"I'm happy for you." Kai said and Baekhyun can see sincerity in his friend's eyes making him smile even wider than he already does.

"Why, thank you." He said with a smug grin. Looking around for the second time, Baekhyun' s eyes lit up as he saw the person he's been looking for and it didn't go unnoticed to the latter standing with him.

"I see, she's here. I'm gonna look for my parents first, see you." Kai said as he patted Baekhyun's shoulder only to recieve a nod from the latter. Knowing that he can't win against the person his friend is staring at, Kai chuckled then walked away. 

Taking it as a chance, Baekhyun dashed towards the person he's looking for.

"Hi, Taeyeon." He greeted making the other person step back in surprise.

"Oh, Baekhyun. Congratulations." Taeyeon greeted back as she got over her initial shock. "What are you doing here?" She asked, looking around only to see a few people standing with them at the vast football field.

The event was held on the other side of the field. But somehow, after the event, Baekhyun and Kai managed to get away from their own parents and go to this side where the interns' tent is.

"I.. uhh.." He trailed as he scratched his not-so-itchy nape. "You?" Taeyeon asked helping him to continue his answer. 

"I was looking for you." He answered. 

"Oh." Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. Somewhat, the air around them is filled with awkwardness.

"I.. Taeyeon, I'm sorry." He said, not being able to handle his feelings anymore.

"It's al--"

"No, it's not alright." Baekhyun said, cutting her off. "I've been a jerk to you." He continued. "And you seriously don't deserve that. I was wrong, I shouldn't have accused you for the things you didn't do but I did and I hurt you. I kept telling myself to never make you cry, but I did. I did, and it's much more worse. I.. I'm sorry Taeyeon but please? Please take me back? Let me make up for the mistakes I have done. Let me be your man again. Please?" 

Taeyeon stayed rooted in place, wordless. 

Hearing no response from the latter, Baekhyun took a deep breath and started to speak again.

"This is the day we've been waiting for. It's my graduation." He said as he took her hand, a small smile evident on his face. "We're free." He added, tears b around his eyes and Taeyeon can see a hint of anticipation in his eyes. "And if you'd let me, I'd like you to meet my parents." He finished and Taeyeon's eyes widened, she didn't expect him to do that. Not with what they had gone through.

He cannot be this serious, she thought. Still in disbelief.

"I.." Taeyeon trailed, she doesn't know what else to say. "It's alright, they will like you. But, I need to know if you want it first." Baekhyun said, a small hopeful smile visible on his face. 

"I'd love to.." She started and there, he knew that there was  a 'but' in her sentence.

"But?" He asked, even when afraid of the outcome. 

"I'm sorry." She said looking and Baekhyun felt like all the air inside of him had been out. 

"W-Why?" He asked, trying to prevent his voice from cracking. "I.. The past few weeks made me think that maybe, maybe we really need some space between us." Taeyeon started and when Baekhyun tried to speak up, but the latter beat him to it. 

"It's not about anything you did, or anything you said, trust me. I forgot about that already and I forgive you but, I don't think it will work again. Not when I know that everytime you see me, I only remind you of the pain you have to go through." Taeyeon said, trying her best to stop her tears that are already flowing. Wanting to wipe it away, Taeyeon rubbed the back of her hand against her face smudging her make up yet she didn't care. 

"But-"

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon started again.

"Tae-" He said trying to reach out to her. Trying to change her mind.

"Let's break up." She said and his hand dropped.

"No." He said and Taeyeon sighed.

"We won't work, not when I'm leaving." She said and Baekhyun looked at her questioningly.

"Y-You're leaving?" He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head, her eyes avoiding his. 

"I.." She started. "It's time for me to chase after ny dreams. I'm leaving Korea." She said and Baekhyun clenched his fist. 

"I'll follow you, let's work it out." He said, his voice pleading.

"I'm sorry."

And that was the last thing, he didn't know what had happened or how did it happened but the last thing he remembered was her lips on his cheek and her back turned from him.

Walking away.

Leaving. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N:

Crap. 

What did I just write?!