Chapter 5

Amnesia

"What? No, umma. I don't even know her." Baekhyun defended in shock making his father look at him in disbelief. "You don't know the person who saved you from being set up?" His father asked and Baekhyun meekly nodded his head. "Yes dad, I don't know her aside from her name. She's just an intern a school. A complete stranger." Baekhyun explained and his father sighed as he face-palmed. 

"Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked. "Is she from this neighborhood?" The old man asked.

"I haven't seen her around, so no." Baekhyun answered confused of why his father is asking him things about Taeyeon. "What's her name then?" His mother asked and when Baekhyun was about to answer, his phone rang. 

"I'll go get it first." Baekhyun said before fishing his phone out of his pocket and running upstairs in hopes to avoid his weird parents. 

 


"So, they're asking about her?" Kai asked as he and Baekhyun both walked down the school hall. Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun gave his friend a deadpanned look. "You know my answer to that." He said as he lifted a pink traditional lunchbox his mother prepared for Taeyeon, yes, for Taeyeon. 

It was back earlier when Baekhyun was about to go to school when his mother suddenly asked him to take it to her as a sign of gratitude. Baekhyun resented thinking it was embarrassing but when his mother frowned, Baekhyun immediately took the lunchbox without anymore complains not wanting to upset her mother. 

"It's cute though." Kai teased earning a punch on the shoulder from Baekhyun. Kai winced. 

"That hurts." Kai whined and Baekhyun sighed. "Serves you right." Baekhyun said only to stop in his tracks when he saw the person going his way. Taeyeon.

Noticing Baekhyun walking towards her, Taeyeon automatically smiled and gave them a friendly wave. 

"Goodmorning." Taeyeon greeted and the two greeted back. "Hi Taeyeon noona." It was Kai that said making Taeyeon chuckle, seeing this, Baekhyun can't help but to frown. "It's not a goodmorning isn't it?" Taeyeon asked turning her attention towards Baekhyun who was frowning unbeknownst to himself. 

"Huh?" Baekhyun asked, Taeyeon chuckled. "You were like this." Taeyeon said as she imitated Baekhyun's frown making the latter cheeks go red. 

"I-It's n-not th-at no-ona." Baekhyun stuttered and he have to mentally scold and kick himself.

"Hey, I'll leave you two first. I didn't do my homework last night." Kai excused himself as he gave Baekhyun a light punch on the shoulder before dashing away before his friend can even react. "Y-Yah." Baekhyun called but too late, Kai already disappeared from their sight and knowing that it was only him and Taeyeon left, Baekhyun can't help but to feel uneasy around her. But in a good way.

"That's a cute lunchbox you have there." Taeyeon complimented upon seeing the traditional lunchbox Baekhyun was holding. "I.. uhh.. you like pink?" He asked and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. "I'm more into blue." She said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head contemplating whether to give it to her or not. He suddenly felt insecure. 

"Is.. something wrong?" Taeyeon asked when she saw Baekhyun spacing out, a frown starting to appear on his face again. "I.. no." He said with an sheepish smile and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I'll go first, I need to go to the security room. See you around." Taeyeon said and was about to leave when Baekhyun called him again. 

"Taeyeon noona." He called making Taeyeon turn to face him again. "What is it?" Taeyeon asked. 

"I.. actually this is for you. Umma wanted to thank you for defending me yesterday." Baekhyun said as he slowly lifted his hands. "Oh, that's so nice of her." Taeyeon asid as she gladly take the box from Baekhyun. "Please tell her I said thank you. I appreciate this." She said with a grin and Baekhyun nodded his head. "I'm sorry it's not blue noona." He said as he scratched his nape in embarassment, Taeyeon chuckled. 

"It's alright." Taeyeon said. "Thank you." She said and was about to walk away when she stopped her tracks and faced him again. 

"Baekhyun?" She called the latter. "Yes noona?" He asked. 

"It's Taeyeon." She said before walking away leaving the latter standing at the hall in daze.

Did she just asked me to call her by her name? Baekhyun thought as a grin started to appear on his face. 

 

 


"Hey, are you alright?" Kai asked as soon as he saw Baekhyun sitting at the cafeteria eating his lunch. "What?" Baekhyun asked giving his friend a confused look. "You were being like this." Kai said imitating Baekhyun's grin making the latter look at him in disbelief. "I was like that?" Baekhyun asked and Kai nodded his head. "Yes, it was like you're sending fireworks everywhere with your grin." Kai teased while looking at him suspiciously. "Say, what happened to you?" He asked and Baekhyun cleared his throat before shaking his head. "Nothing." He answered and Kai raised his brows not buying what his friend said. 

"Nothing." He answered, his voice a notch higher making Kai shake his head. 

"Okay, I believe you." Kai said while looking at Baekhyun teasingly making the latter sigh. "Why can't you just shut up?" Baekhyun asked and Kai gasped pretending to be surprised by Baekhyun's choice of words making the latter sigh and shake his head. "I'm hurt." Kai said with a pout and Baekhyun shook his head only to stop when he saw someone lining up at the cafeteria counter. Unknowingly, a small smile started to appear on his face. Following his friend's line of sight, Kai smiled when he saw Baekhyun looking at no other than Taeyeon.

"Oh my god, you're so--" 

"What?" Baekhyun asked snapping his head towards Kai. "Nothing." Kai said as he pretended to ease down on his chair and shake his head. "Do you like her?" He asked out of the blue, making Baekhyun look ast him in confusion. "What?" Baekhyun asked. "Do you like Taeyeon noona?" Kai asked and noticed the tinge of pink in Baekhyun's cheeks. 

"No.." Baekhyun trailed. "But?" Kai asked knowing there's something that's going to follow Baekhyun's answer. 

"You swore to your parents that you're never going to date anyone until you graduate from senior high?" Kai asked perfectly knowing the promise Baekhyun made to his parents back when he was younger. "I.." Baekhyun trailed, Kai was partly right, he doesn't want to disappoint his parents by breaking his parents but partly wrong thinking that Kai was assuming too much things. 

He doesn't even know if he likes Taeyeon that way. 

"It's alright, I can see that you're torn apart from your promise to your parents and liking her." Kai said and Baekhyun raised his brows. "Am I?" He asked more like to himself and Kai shrugged. "You should have seen your face right now, you were smiling while looking at her." Kai stated and Baekhyun raised his brows. "It might be because of yesterday, you know." Baekhyun defended.

"Yup, clearly confused." Kai said ignoring Baekhyun's statement. "Whatever." Baekhyun said shrugging everything with a wave of his hand. Looking back towards the way where Taeyeon was earlier, a small frown appeared on his face when he saw Taeyeon nowhere to be found and it didn't go unnoticed to his friend. 

"Yup, clearly confused." Kai whispered to himself again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! I'm currently writing chapter 6 now so I don't think it will take long enough for another update. 

Just hang on readers! 

Thank you for reading~