Chapter 32

Amnesia

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked as soon as she saw Baekhyun sitting in front of her apartment door. She just got out of the lift and to her surprise, she saw him there. 

"Oh, you're back." Baekhyun said and glanced at his wristwatch only to see that it was already getting late. 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon repeated her question and Baekhyun gave her a smile. "I'm waiting for you." He said and Taeyeon sighed, it's not like she doesn't want him to be there but it was already late and she knew it's not safe for him to go home alone anymore. 

"It's already late, you should go home." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun frowned. "No." He said and Taeyeon sighed. "Look," He started. 

"I know you're disappointed in me, because of what had happened with our date but I hope you--"

"I do understand you." Taeyeon said cutting him off. 

"But that doesn't mean that you're not disappointed in me." Baekhyun said. "Let's talk inside." Taeyeon said when she heard the door lift open, walking past him, Taeyeon unlocked her apartment door and led him inside. 

"Make yourself at home." She said, walking to the kitchen in hopes to avoid the conversation, Baekhyun wants them to have. 
"Just so you know, I didn't go here and waited for hours for you to avoid me." Baekhyun said as he followed her to the kitchen. 

"Nobody asked you to." Taeyeon muttered as she took a water bottle out of the fridge pretending to open it. Baekhyun, on the other hand managed to hear what she said and instead of snapping at her, Baekhyun chose what he heard knowing that Taeyeon's probably still disappointed. After all, she's still a girl and every girl has complicated moods especially when they feel disappointed, annoyed or anything like that. 

"Can we please talk like a normal couple would?" Baekhyun asked. "Because I hate us being like this, it feels like we're drifting apart from each other. I don't like this." He added with a strained voice. 

Taeyeon let go of the bottle she's holding and faced him. "Okay then, if it makes you feel better then I'll be honest with you." She started. "I'm not just disappointed. I'm really disappointed. Yes, I told you I understand you but the moment you took me away from that place, the moment I saw fear in your eyes, I can't help but feel like you're not really sincere with me. What's so hard with fighting for me? For us?" Taeyeon asked, tearing up. 

"You know I don't want to disappoint them!" Baekhyun defended. 

"And it's okay to disappoint me?" Taeyeon asked back. "You know I never meant it that way. I love you so much." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked down, she can't fight with him anymore.

But that doesn't mean everything's fixed.

"Just.." Taeyeon trailed. 

"I won't go home with us being like this. Heck, I can't let you sleep like that." He said and Taeyeon finally broke down. Not wanting him to see her tears, Taeyeon covered her face with both of her hands. 

Seeing this, Baekhyun hurriedly walked to her and gave her a tight hug. "I'm sorry." He said, repeating the words over and over again. 

"It's alright." Taeyeon answered in between her sobs. "I just.. I don't know what has gotten into me." She said and Baekhyun sighed. He hated seeing her cry. 

"It's alright, you have every right to be disappointed." He said. 

"Just a little more, Taeyeon-ah. Just a little more." 

 


"So have you talked to Taeyeon noona?" Kai asked as soon as Baekhyun took a seat on their usual table at the school cafeteria. "Yeah, I talked to her already." Baekhyun as he opened his book and started reading without even sparing his friend a glance. 

"Did you explain yourself? What did she say?" Kai asked and Baekhyun sighed. "She said it's fine, but I can still see disappointment in her eyes." Baekhyun said closing the book again knowing he won't have a peace of time reading when Kai's around. 

"You should have finished it. Not leaving it to prolong." Kai said and Baekhyun sighed. "How can I when she keeps saying that she's already fine? She doesn't even want to bring up anything about that anymore." Baekhyun said and Kai frowned. "How is she when you left her?" Kai asked.

"She's already sleeping when I left her." Baekhyun said and Kai raised his brows. "Is something wrong?" Kai asked and Baekhyun gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"It's not just about the whole disappointment thing, right? There's something else. I can see it in your eyes. What is it?" Kai asked and Baekhyun heaved out a sigh. He lost count of how many times he did that already for the day, but who cares? 

"The grandma living next door saw her with someone else yesterday." Baekhyun said and Kai's eyes widened. "Taeyeon noona's.. cheating?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head as he slumped his back on the chair. 

"I don't know." He said surprising Kai even more. "And you haven't talked to her about it?" Kai asked, his voice raising gaining the attention of some of the students.

"It could be just a friend, you know." Baekhyun said trying to defend himself and Taeyeon. After all, he's been convincing himself that Taeyeon's not cheating even though he's dying to know who that man is. 

"Yeah, tell me that when you talked to Taeyeon noona." Kai said and Baekhyun ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "She won't cheat on me." He told Kai, but it was meant to himself more.

"Yeah, sure." Kai said sarcastically before shaking his head already preparing the next words he's about to say.

"Keep in mind that Taeyeon noona's still disappointed in you, with the situation you're both in. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad but seeing her situation now, she's going to look for someone who can be there for her. Someone she knows that can fight for her." Kai said and Baekhyun opened his mouth to try to say something but nothing came out. Kai stood up and patted his shoulder. 

"So you better fight for her or lose her."