Chapter 3

Amnesia

"Hey." Kai called. 

"Hey." He called again to his unresponsive friend but still the latter didn't budge on his seat neither he turned his head to look at him. Following his friend's line of sight, Kai sighed when he noticed Baekhyun looking towards the way of the interns.

"Yah!" He called louder this time with a nudge. "W-What?" Baekhyun asked as he half-hwartedly turned his head towards his friend. "What are you looking at? Do you know one of the interns?" Kai asked ans Baekhyun shook his head as he fully brought his attention back to his friend. "No." He shortly answered.

 "Then why are you looking at them?" Kai asked. "Just curious." Baekhyun said trying to sound as nonchalant as he can. "Oh, okay." Kai bought it. Baekhyun sighed in relief. The bell rang.. "We should go back." Kai said as soon as the ring ended. "Yeah, let's go." Baekhyun said as he cleaned their table up and left the cafeteria still wondering about the stranger that effortlessly caught his attention. 

 


"Umma, appa. I'm home." Baekhyun announced as soon as he entered their home. Looking around Baekhyun's eyes landed on the kitchen and saw his parents both sitting at the dining table with serious look on their faces.

 "Umma, appa." Baekhyun called catching his parent's attention. "Oh, you're back." His mother said with a forced smile and it didn't go.unnoticed to him. "Umma, is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked worriedly as he took a seat beside the woman. 

"Your brother called." His mother started, Baekhyun frowned thinking that something bad must have happened to his brother. "What happened to him?" Baekhyun asked, worry evident at the tone of his voice. "He's extending his stay there." It was his father that answered this time

 "Oh.." He answered trying to sound surprised. He already knew the reason why and because his brother asked him to be silent about it, he did so. "Did he tell you why?" His father asked.

 "No appa, he just told me that he's taking more classes and probably get some job." Baekhyun said skipping the information where Junsu failed one of his subjects. "I wonder what made him do that." His mother said sadly. Feeling a pang of guilt, Baekhyun gently rubbed his mother's back.

"He'll go home soon enough umma." Baekhyun said trying to sooth his mother. "I just hope he still thinks of this place as his home." The old woman said, Baekhyun sighed. "He does umma, he still does." "So they're worried about him?" Kai asked as he took a bite of his burger. It was yet another day at school and the two are spending their free period on the school's lounge much to Kai's request. 

"Yeah, they're worried that he somehow doesn't want to go home anymore. You know, with all those stuffs oveeseas and such." Baekhyun explained while looking out of the glass panels.

"What'd you tell them then?" Kai asked. "That he's taking up more classes and he's getting a job." Baekhyun explained then sighed. "I'm starting to feel guilty about lying to them." Baekhyun stated with a frown. 

"But you do know that it was just partly lying. After all, your brother's really going for a job." Kai defended trying to make his friend feel better. 

"I hope s--" 

"Never thought I'd see you both here." They heard a voice from behind say. Turning themselves around while sitting, both Baekhyun and Kai sighed when they noticed that it was none other than the school bully, Chanyeol. 

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked as he stood up and faced the latter. Chanyeol smirked but the two didn't know that what makes him do that way is because he's insecure. 

Insecure of their new found friendship.

"Nothing." He answered sarcastically as he smirk, the two can do nothing but to sigh. "By the way, I thought you two are cooped up in the library studying since we have some exams later." Chanyeol said with a smirk and as much as the two wanted to wipe that off his face, the too knew better.

 "I just wanted to say good luck." He said with a smug grin before walking away. It was something new from Chanyeol because by now, the old him would have been frustrated already and start a commotion but no, unlike any other days, today was different and it bothered the two.

 "Let's just ignore him. He just got nothing to do with his life, now I wonder why I even became friends with him before." Kai said while shaking his head. "I wonder why too." Baekhyun said jokingly lighting up the mood making the latter punch his shoulder.

 

 


"Whatever, let's just go back." 

"Okay class, before we begin. I'd like to announce something." The teacher said as soon as he settled the exams papers on the desk in front of him. Looking around, the teacher sighed when he saw his students havig serious expressions and frowns on their faces. "I don't want to talk about this matter to you, because I know you're one of the class with the nicest students but I got a report from a student that someone from this class cheats during exams." The teacher stated making everyone in the classroom gasp and before they knew it, two of the school guards blocked the front and back doors of the room and two of the interns entered the classroom and stood beside the teacher. 

And as much as they were scared, they knew the school's protocols especially about the students who takes cheating to the next level. 

"Yes, I know. I was in disbelief too but an informant. An insider told me so." The teacher said. "Drop everything that's inside your bag on your table." The teacher said and everyone did so, notebooks, books and other stuffs fell and the teacher looked around opening and scrolling each and every paper and handkerchiefs used by the students. Nothing was seen. 

"In their uniforms please, girls on the right." He said and the students made a line in front of the interns as the interns seach on their uniform pockets. Nothing was found. 

"Go back to your table." The teacher said and was about to go back to his table when one of the interns walked to him and whispered something to him making him turn to face his class again. "Reach under your tables." The teacher said and hearing his command, Baekhyun and Kai did so. But much to the former's surprise, he felt a paper sticking under his desk and his breath hitched. 

One of the interns stood beside him and reached under his table before looking at him in disbelief as he yanked the paper off the table. Everyone gasped, and the teacher stood surprised. 

Baekhyun was never the type of student to cheat, but there he is. 

Caught red-handed. 

"N-No, I.. I didn't do it!" Baekhyun said in panic and everyone looked at him with scrutinizing eyes. "You're caught red-handed why still lie?"He heard a voice from behind him say and saw Chanyeol looking at him with a smirk, feeling the anger build inside him quickly, Baekhyun got up from his chair and jumped on Chanyeol and was about to punch him when the two interns grabbed his arms on sides. 

"You set me up!" Baekhyun shouted, his face red in anger. "I don't know what you're saying." Chanyeol said feigning innocence. Everyone inside the room can't do nothing but to watch. "That's enough Byun Baekhyun! Go to the faculty office now! I will call your parents." The teacher said with anger and Baekhyun clenched his fist. 

"I didn't do--" 

"Stop it!" They heard an unfamiliar voice said and everyone turned their heads towards the front door and recognized that it was one of the interns. "Who are you miss?" The teacher asked not recognizing the intern standing at the door. 

"Sir--" 

"Shush!" The teacher said once Baekhyun tried to talk, the intern gave him a small smile and shook her head rendering Baekhyun to confusion. 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, and I'm here for Byun Baekhyun."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Tentenenen! Taeyeon's here!

SuperTaeng~ 

Sorry for the late update TT.TT but thank you very much for waiting and reading.