Chapter 35

Amnesia

"What's wrong?"

Baekhyun's mother asked as she saw his son entering the house with a frown on his face, adding to that is the fact that it was the first time she heard him slam the door. "Nothing, umma. Nothing." He answered as he threw his bag on the floor and slumped himself on the nearby couch and draped his arms over his eyes.

He never felt so heavy inside.

"I know something's wrong. You were never like this, what happened to you?" His mother asked and Baekhyun can only let out a sigh as an answer.

Taeyeon happened to me umma, Taeyeon happened to me. He thought but did his best to fight the urge to tell his mother what's wrong. After all, he was never the kind of son to hide secrets from his parents but then he fell in love with her. With Taeyeon.

And that made him change the way he views things.

"Baekhyun?" His mother called seeing how unresponsive her son is.

"Nothing umma. I'm just disappointed at how things went at school, I was never like this before. Wasn't I?" He asked and his mother sighed before taking a seat beside him and wrapping her arms around Baekhyun's shoulder just like how a friend would do to cheer the other up.

"I know things are hard for you now, I can't say that I wasn't disappointed with what I heard about you but I can see how hard you're trying to gain up that position you once held, just think of it as some bumps along the road. To be honest, I'm more disappointed with Junsu, it feels like he's so happy there that he forgot about us." His mother said with a sad tone and Baekhyun can only watch her.

Junsu trusted him to never tell anything to their parents and he can't break his brother's trust.

My life's a lie, he thought.

"Umma, maybe hyung's wroking really hard. Maybe the university's giving him lots of work, I'm sure he'll come around soon." He said and his mother sighed as she unwrapped her arms around him and held his son's hand.

"I hope so."


 


 


 

"Wow, it looks like you weren't able to sleep." Kai said with a chuckle as soon as he saw his friend entering the room, his face clearly showing that he lacks sleep. "Up late with Taeyeon noona last night?" Kai asked as Baekhyun settled on his chair. Hearing the latter's name, Baekhyun scoffed.

"It was more like I was up all night thinking of what she's doing." Baekhyun muttered and Kai raised a brow. "I thought you were with her?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "She went with that 'friend' of hers." He said, cearly emphasizing the word with despise and annoyance.

"She ditched your date just because of her friend?" Kai asked and Baekhyun sighed.

"Yeah." He answered and Kai sighed. "She left halfway saying that her friend needs her." Baekhyun said and Kai felt pity to his friend. He can't tell whether Taeyeon was cheating or not, but seeing his friend's state right at that moment made him feel like blaming the latter.

"What kind of friend is that." Kai muttered.

"That's what I kept thinking too." He said before putting his hands against his face. "And I feel bad for snapping at her last night." He said and Kai raised his brows looking at his friend questioningly. "You snapped at her?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"Kind of." He said. "I know I shouldn't be this jealous but.. I don't know." He said, dropping his head on the table and Kai can only watch his friend with a sigh. "You two should really talk it out, you see." Kai started.

"The problem is that you kept being mum, you kept thinking that it's better to have a piece of her than to not have her at all but that logic hurts you. What if, God forbid, that friend was just more than a 'friend'? What would you do? Sit back and look like a fool? Talk to her." Kai said trying to knock some sense onto his friend's head.

"I.." Baekhyun trailed.

"If that friend she's talking about is really just that then she wouldn't hide anything from you." Kai said and Baekhyun sighed, he knew his friend was right but just at the thought of comepletely losing Taeyeon scares him. "And stop thinking about the outcomes for now. If she loves you then she wouldn't leave you." Kai reminded and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"Talk to her." He said.

And that's what Baekhyun did making him stand before the apartment building Taeyeon lives. About to walk to the lobby, Baekhyun stopped when he saw Taeyeon walking out of the doors fully dressed like she's going somewhere important, hiding himself behind a nearby tree, Baekhyun watched as Taeyeon stood at the sidewalk tapping her feet impatiently with her arms crossed and her eyes staring down the pavement.

A few minutes had passed and Taeyeon still stood there, not wanting to wait and watch her any longer, Baekhyun stepped out from the tree and was about to approach her when a roadster stopped in front of Taeyeon and a man came out.

Baekhyun watched as the man approached Taeyeon and hugged her as she happily hugged him back, the next actions the man did didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun too. His fists clenched as the man landed a kiss about Taeyeon's head and Taeyeon didn't seem to mind it.

Not even one bit.

Just by the sight of them makes Baekhyun feel like breaking down already. Closing his eyes, Baekhyun took a deep breath and opened them again only to see Taeyeon going inside the man's car as they drove happily away.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun turned the other way.

It has been hours since he left Taeyeon's place, it has been hours since he started wandering around. He felt like his feet are going to give up any second and so as his heart, what he saw earier kept playing over and over inside his mind like a broken player and it breaks his heart.

What more could be broken when it already is? He thought as he snickered.

Does she even love me? Is it because I'm just a mere graduate and cannot do anything yet? Is it because I can't prove her my love as a man yet that she's looking for some other guy? Am I not enough for her? He thought as he clenched his fists.

But as much as he wanted to hate her, he cannot bring himself to it.

It was easier to hate himself.

Walking lifelessly along the road, Baekhyun felt like the steps were too heavy for him to continue. Looking up, Baekhyun let the tears freely fall and as soon as he realized what he was doing, Baekhyun looked down and wiped his eyes only to see the sight before him.

It was Taeyeon, with the coat of the man wrapped around her as they walked out of the club with the man's arms around her shoulders and as soon as their eyes met, it was like all the blood inside Taeyeon had been washed out to see her that pale.

He chuckled bitterly as he shook his head while he approached them.

It's nice to see you here.” He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Taeyeon, who is he?” The man asked and Taeyeon turned to him. “Heechul oppa, he's-”

No need to introduce me.” He said cutting Taeyeon off making the latter look at him questioningly.

Hearing no response from the latter, Baekhyun continued.

Since I believe nothing's going on between us anymore.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know, I know it was harsh *cries* 

It's moving day today, I'm going to pack everything up. *cries* we're going to move but I'll still update. 

Thanks for being patient everyone, and thank you for reading. *bows*