Chapter 38

Amnesia

"Kai." Baekhyun called as soon as he saw his friend walking out of the library with a book in his hands, reading it. Hearing his name being called, Kai looked up and raised his brows giving his friend a questioning look. 

"Is there something you need?" Kai asked as he closed his book knowing that he cannot continue reading anymore upon his friend's presence. 

"I.." Baekhyun started. "Maybe you know where Taeyeon is? You have been talking to her right? I've gone back and forth to her house this whole week but she isn't there, maybe you know something?" Baekhyun asked and Kai can sense desperation and urgency at the tone of his voice. 

"I don't know anything, because if I do. I already told you, maybe Taeyeon noona's just having a break. This whole problem with you and her pressure here at school isn't something she can easily handle, you know. She'll be back before you know it." Kai said trying to ease his friend even when he himself don't know what had happened. It had been a week since Baekhyun wanted to make amends but it's also been a week since they last saw her. 

"Maybe she went with him." Baekhyun mumbled and Kai shook his head upon managing to hear it.

"And you say that you wanted to ask for her forgiveness. Are you sure that you're not doing because I talked you out of it? Secondly, you do know that, that man has a girlfriend. Why blame Taeyeon noona again?" Kai asked, irritation evident at the tone of his voice and Baekhyun clenched his fists, it didn't go unnoticed to the latter. "I just can't help it, okay? What else would she do?" Baekhyun snapped. 

"See her parents? Maybe she felt like she cannot take it anymore so she sought for her parent's advice and comfort. Come on, you're better than this." Kai said and Baekhyun sighed. "I can't help but to feel that you're hiding something from me." Baekhyun said and Kai closed his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose trying to exert every bit of his self control to not punch his friend straight on the face to knock some sense onto him.

"I think you're having trust issues here, Baek. I'm out." Kai said having enough. Shaking his head, Kai walked away. 

Turning to the wall, Baekhyun hit it with all his might before pressing both of his hands against his face as he let out a groan. 

"Screw this." He muttered before walking away. 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah! Wake up! You'll be late, it's your big day today!" Baekhyun heard his mother called as soon as the sun seeped through his window blinds. Letting out a huff, Baekhyun pushed the blanket off of him as he sat up. Rubbing his face with the both of his hands, Baekhyun got off his bed and went straight to thr bathroom. 

A few minutes later, steps can be heard from upstairs. 

"It's good that you're; What happened?" Baekhyun's mother asked as soon as she saw his son's eyes. It was swollen and dark circles became more visible.

"Huh?" Baekhyun asked as he stopped touching his cheeks midway. "What happened? Didn't you have enough sleep last night?" His mother asked and Baekhyun faked a smile. "I just got too excited, umma. No need to worry." He said trying his best to divert his mother's attention but failed when his mother cupped his face and rubbed the spot under his eyes. 

"Are you sure? This doesn't look like just lack of sleep to me." His mother said and Baekhyun held both of her hands and forced a smile. "I'm fine, umma." He said before gently putting her hands down. "Where's appa anyways?" He asked as he looked around. 

"Oh, he went to the car wash place early to clean the truck. Wouldn't want our son to go to school at this important day with an ugly truck now, would we?" Her mother asked with a smile and Baekhyun grinned. 

"Right." He answered. 

"I'm home!" 

"I think he's here already. Can you set the plates fist?" Baekhyun's mother asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Sure." Baekhyun answered as he watched his mother exit the kitchen. 

Reaching out towards the plates on the cupboard, Baekhyun set it nicely on the table as he stopped with the final one when he something suddenly dawned upon him. 

It was his graduation day. 

The day he and Taeyeon had been waiting for. 

The day he's going to finally introduce the woman she loves to his parents, the people who raised him up. 

A small smile crept upon his face. 

"Now, now." He heard his father's voice. "I wonder why my son's smiling alone." His father said and Baekhyun chuckled as he scratched his nape. Just by the though of introducing the girl he loves to his parents made his mood turn three hundred and sixty degrees.

"Nothing, appa. Nothing." He answered, whilst his mind was busy thinking of ways to introduce the people he love the most to each other. 

"I can see that you're really looking forward. Are you?" His father asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Well then." His father started. 

"We just wanted to say that we're proud of you."

 

 

 

 

"Kai." 

No response. 

"Kai." 

"What?" The latter asked as soon as he turned, his face serious. "I'm sorry." Said Baekhyun with an apologetic smile. 

Kai raised his brows.

"I was a jerk. Oh wait, no. A bastard and a very bad friend." Baekhyun started. "Forgive me?" Baekhyun asked as Kai pretended to barf before circling his arms around Baekhyun's nape pulling the latter down to scratch his hair. 

"I hate formalities between us." Kai said with a smile as Baekhyun huffed trying to fix his hair but stopped when his eyes caught a familiar figure standing on the stage. 

"Is that..." He trailed in disbelief. 

"Yup." Kai answered as he hand his arm around his friend's shoulder. "Told you, she'll be back." 

"She.." Baekhyun trailed, still in disbelief that the woman he's looking for is standing a few meters away from him. "Why don't you get her first?" Kai said and Baekhyun nodded his head and dashed towards the stage. Fortunate enough, Taeyeon walked down. 

"Hi." Baekhyun greeted as soon as Taeyeon stepped down. Backing away by surprise, Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun wide-eyed. 

"H-Hi." She greeted awkwardly. 

"Are you busy?" Baekhyun asked as he walked forward. On the other hand, afraid that Baekhyun will lash out things on her again, Taeyeon took a step back. 

Baekhyun noticed it and frowned. 

"Are you.. afaid of me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. "No." She answered, and as soon as that word escaped her lips, she felt herself being trapped in his arms. 

She was engulfed into a tight hug. 

But both of them had to pull away when the graduation march song started. Sighing in disappointment, Baekhyun held both of her hands and looked straight into her eyes. 

"Let's talk later, alright? I have something for you." He said with a grin and before Taeyeon could reply, she felt his lips on hers for a mere few seconds. 

"I love you." He said, and it didn't fail to bring redness onto the latter's cheeks. 

"Later." He mouthed before stepping a few steps back and complete turning around to run back. 

Taeyeon can only watch him, a sad smile visible on her face. 

"I love you too." She whispered to no one. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: This was supposed to be posted a few days ago but I accidentally deleted the first one so I had to make a new one again *cries* 

I apologize to everyone but please do remember that I won't abandon this fic. 

Thank you dor reading ^^