Chapter 36

Amnesia

"But I-" 

"Stop." He said cutting her off as he tried his best to stop his tears from escaping his eyes. He already felt hurt enough, and he doesn't need her to stab him another pain anymore.

"Let me-" 

"I.. wish you well." He said with a fake smile, his voice cracked and he mentally scolded himself. "I'm gonna take my leave now." He said but stopped when Taeyeon held his arm tightly, he wanted to yank it off of him but just by feeling her warmth made him weak. 

"Oppa, you can go now. I can handle myself." Taeyeon told Heechul as her hand was still lightly latched to Baekhyun's arm. "Are you.. sure?" He asked worriedly making Baekhyun bite the insides of his cheeks as he tried to fight the urge of punching him.

"Yes." Taeyeon answered and Heechul nodded as he walked towards the lot where his roadster was parked and as soon as the car zoomed away, Taeyeon turned her attention to  Baekhyun. 

"Can you please... listen to me?" She asked and Baekhyun raised his brows, his expression impassive scaring Taeyeon even more but then, she took it as a sign to continue. 

"Heechul oppa is just a friend. You have to believe me." Taeyeon said cutting straight to the point. Hearing no response from the latter, Taeyeon continued. 

"You remember the friend I've been talking about? It's him." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun still remained impassive, it was like his heartand mind automatically built stone walls refusing to hear what she's trying to say. 

"I know-"

"Am I not enough for you?" Baekhyun asled and Taeywon stopped talking leaving slightly opened upon hearing him cut her off. 

"I-"

"Do you even still love me? If he was just a friend, you wouldn't even need to hide it from me!" He said, his voice raising already letting Taeyeon know how hurt he is. "I'm not hiding it from you. I just.." Taeyeon trailed. 

"You just what?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I know you'll feel insecured once I talked about him that's why I hid it from you." Taeyeon explained. 

"Do you think I'm that shallow?" He asked. "I think you did that because you still think of me as a kid!" 

Taeyeon sighed. He was partly right. 

"I'm right, aren't I?" He asked. "You think that I'm not capable of handling my feelings well yet." He continued. 

"It's not that."

"Then what is it Taeyeon, what is it?' He asked, his voice weak and full of pain.

"Do you know how much it hurts me now to see you walking out of that club with him?" He said pointing towards the place. "It hurts here!" He said, slamming his hands against his chest and seeing this, Taeyeon immediately hugged him as tight as she can. 

"Stop, please stop." She pleaded, tears already flowing down ger cheeks. 

"How could you not trust me? How could you hide things from me?" He asked, his arms refusing to hug her back. 

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon apolpgized as she choked her tears. She knew she was wrong, she knew it was wrong to hude it away from him. She's at fault and now he's hurting because of her. 

"I.." Baekhyun trailed and Taeyeon pulled away as she cupped his cheeks. "You don't mean what you said earlier right? We're not breaking up right?" She asked, scared of what's about to happen.

"I.." Baekhyun trailed. 

"Please?" Taeyeon begged. "I won't hide anythinf from you anymore. I swear." She said but it wasn't that easy to Baekhyun because everytime he remembers her being with that man, he feels suffocated and he hates that feeling. 

"Give me some time." Baekhyun said, his voice strained and tired.

"But.." 

"I don't think I can do this. Let me.. let me geal myself first." He said and Taeyeon looked at him with her eyes full of fear and worry. 

"Then let me help you. I won't hi-"

"You really hurt me Taeyeon and I don't think being around you would be much of a help." He said and although his own words pained him, he knew it was the right thing to do because having Taeyeom beside him will only make the memories hunt him even more. 

He doesn't even know if he can trust her again. 

That's how hurt he is. 

"But you will use that time to forget me and-"

"Just give me some time." He said and tried to walk away when Taeyeon held his hand to stop him. 

"You're.. you're not leaving me. Right?" She asked and Baekhyun could only give her a glance as he pulled his hand from her and walked away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi."

Baekhyun stepped back when he saw the person standing in front of him with a smile on her face. He kept his impassive expression and the latter felt like frowning  but managed to keep a smile. 

"I brought you lunch." She said, lifitng the paper abg that was in her hand. "Let's eat?" She invited and Baekhyun heaved out a sigh. 

"I want to eat alone." He said and the smile on the latter's face dropped. "Just.. take this then." She said handling the bag to him. "I've aleady eaten anyways." She saud with a forced smile and Baekhyun handed her the bag back.  

"I don't need it." He said as he walked away leaving her standing alone in the hallway. "Taeyeon noona?" She heard a voice from behind  making her turn to see Kai standing there. 

"H-Hi." She said with a smile and Kai frowned. "Did he reject you again?" He asked and Taeyeon forced a smile even when tears are b on her eyes.

"I-It's fine." She said, but her voice cracked. "This isn't right anymore noona." Kai said and Taeyeon faked a smile. 

"I.." She trailed not knowing what to say. 

"Knock of some sense into his head." Kai advised and Taeyeon chuckled bitterly.

"I was the one who put him there in the first place. How can I?" Taeyeon asked and Kai sighed. 

"Exactly noona, exactly. No offense, but it already came from you that it's you who put him there so I think it's also you that's going to take him out from there."

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! Sorry it took so long *cries*