Chapter 19

Amnesia

'I'm on the way.'

Taeyeon saw the message from Baekhyun. She just got home from her internship at school and the latter's message surprised her. About to reply, Taeyeon stopped when the screen flashed Baekhyun's name. He's calling her. 

"Hey." Taeyeon greeted after picking up the call, the tiredness in her voice evident. "Hey." Baekhyun greeted, the tiredness on Taeyeon's voice didn't go unnoticed to him. 

"Are you alright?" Baekhyun worriedly asked and that made Taeyeon smile. "I'm fine, I'm about to change." Taeyeon said then stopped when she remembered Baekhyun telling her he's on the way. 

He must be driving, she thought. 

"Yah, why are you calling me while driving?!" Taeyeon scolded upon realizing what he's doing making the latter on the other line wince by her loud voice. "It's fine." Baekhyun answered, a smile appearing on his face knowing that Taeyeon cares and is worried about him. 

"Are you tired?" He asked diverting their topic. "No." Taeyeon lied, she heard a sigh from Baekhyun. 

"Liar." Baekhyun countered. "Let's just change plans tonight, I'm just going to go over your place and I'll cook something for you. Let's have dinner together." He continued. 

"But.." Taeyeon trailed, of course it's fine with her whatever Baekhyun was planning to do about their date but she felt guilty knowing that Baekhyun changed his plans just because she's tired. 

"No buts Taeyeon-ssi, I'm gonna come over there and cook dinner for you. Then maybe we could watch a few movies, does that sound good?" Baekhyun asked and even when the latter couldn't see her, Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"Sure." She gave in. 

"It will be just like the usual date, I promise." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon had to chuckle with that. "Let's just be unique this time." He added with a grin after hearing Taeyeon's chuckle. 

"I'm going to hang up now, do you fancy anything for dinner?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon pondered. "No, I'm fine with anything you'll cook." Taeyeon answered. 

"Allergies?" Baekhyun asked. "Nuts." Taeyeon answered almost immediately and Baekhyun made a mental note not to buy the latter any food with nuts in the future. 

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty." He said. "Sure, drive safe?" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Will do." He answered with a big smile on his face.

True to his words, Baekhyun did arrived after twenty minutes and was greeted by Taeyeon in front of her apartment door.

"I dropped by at the nearby grocery. I'll cook you steak, is that alright?" Baekhyun asked as he brought the paper bag he's carrying to Taeyeon's kitchen with the latter leading him. 

"Yeah, how did you know I'm craving for it?" Taeyeon teased and Baekhyun chuckled. "You were?" He asked, busily taking out the ingredients from the bag. 

"Well, yes but not to the extent where I would want to eat it right at this moment." Taeyeon answered. "But, thank you for the effort. I really appreciate it." Taeyeon said with a big smile on her face. 

"But, I'd like to think that this date isn't a fail." Baekhyun said with a chuckle and Taeyeon laughed. "Why would you think so?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Well.. aren't dates supposed to be done at  parks, amusement places, beach or something?" He curiously asked making Taeyeon laugh.

"Didn't you.. tell me.. to be unique?" Taeyeon said in between her laugh. "Yeah but.." Baekhyun trailed, he can't help but to feel insecure it only dawned onto him just now that first dates aren't usually supposed to be like what they're doing now

"It's fine, you just considered my tiredness and did what you think is the best for me." Taeyeon said with a smile. "And that alone is enough for this to be a perfect date." She continued. 

"Adding to that is the fact that you're doing that." She added, pointing at the utensils Baekhyun is preparing.

"Thank you." She finished and that made his heart filled with glee. 

"You're welcome." He said as he started making their dinner as Taeyeon prepared the table. 

 

"I didn't know you're good at house chores." Taeyeon joked while they were busy washing the dishes. Hearing what the latter said, Baekhyun turned his head to look at her. 

"I don't look like one?" He asked and Taeyeon chuckled. "Just saying." She said as she shrugged and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Well, I'm good at everything." Baekhyun jokingly boasted and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said, trying to suppress her laughter. 

"I'm just kidding though." He said as he sprinkled the water on his hands on the sink before facing Taeyeon and sprinkling it to her instead. "Yah!" Taeyeon shouted as she slapped her wet hands against Baekhyun's shirt wetting it. 

"My clothes are dirty." Baekhyun whined as he pouted making Taeyeon laugh. "Sorry." She said and Baekhyun smiled. 

"It's alright, it'll dry anyway. Have you prepared the movie?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head.

"I did." She said as she walked to the living room before stopping down by the television and squatting down in front of it, Baekhyun followed.

"These are the only dvd copies I have." Taeyeon said before opening the drawer underneath the television revealing racks of dvd's. 

"Only?" Baekhyun asked with a chuckle and Taeyeon glared at him. "I live alone, I have lots of free time after school so yes, it's a hobby." Taeyeon explained. 

"Let's not watch foreign movies." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "It has subs." She defended. "Well.." Baekhyun trailed. 

"Okay, not in the mood for foreign movies." Taeyeon said teasingly. "Wait here." She said before disappearing into her room only to go out with a small purple box in her hands. 

"What's that?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon handed the box to him. He opened it.

"Flash drives?" Baekhyun asked. "I was.." Taeyeon shyly trailed and Baekhyun knew what she wanted to say. 

"You were pirating movies." He said as he squinted his eyes accusingly to her and Taeyeon raised both of her hands in front of her and shook it like a criminal that got caught. 

"I was a desperate human being, why blame me? I stopped last year already, okay?" She said making Baekhyun laugh.

"I would be more surprised if I find out that you never actually watched a pirated movie." He said with a grin before picking one of the labeled flash drives. "I want to watch this." Baekhyun said before reading the title. 

"A werewolf boy." He said before mimicking a howl making Taeyeon laugh. "Okay, sit  back at the couch. I'll set it." She said and Baekhyun stood up.

"I'll get the chips and drinks first then we can start watching the movies." He said before disappearing into the kitchen like it was his own house. 

"Okay." Taeyeon answered with a smile as she watched Baekhyun disappear into the kitchen. 

This date isn't bad after all, she thought.

It's perfect, she added. 

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! More fluff coming~