Chapter 4: Holidays

Because we are Infinite

 

Sunggyu: 12 years old

Dongwoo: 11 years old

Woohuyn and Hoya: 10 years old

Sungyeol: 9 years old

Myungsoo: 8 years old

Sungjong: 7 years old

 

 

~°~°~°~°~°~

 

You come into me, faintly,
shyly, you come upon me
You softly shake me, as usual,
connected through the memories
Again and always, I’m living in longing
Already, already, I’m locked up in the memories”

 

The seven boys were singing loudly and cheerfully in the minivan.

Their holidays just started and this year, Mr and Ms Lee had decided to take them to the beach. They found a nice little house juste near the sea and did not hesitate to rent it for two weeks. It would be fourteen days of happinness. Just their family and the summer. They were all looking forward these vacations.

 

Lately, Mr and Ms Lee had worked hard in order to have enough money for these holidays. They were so busy that the children barely see them at home. Sunggyu, as the oldest, took the responsibility to look after his brothers and he did it really well with the help of Dongwoo, Woohyun and Hoya, as usual.

Woohyun and Dongwoo were fast at learning cooking. They had always watched their mother cook then it was easy for them to do it on their own. Everyday, for the last month, the two boys would directly head home to finish their homeworks and then they would stay in the kitchen, trying new recipes from a book or just following the instructions that their mom had left for them. They rapidly improved their skills and their brothers were always happy about their meals. Woohyun, espacially, had found a passion in cooking. It was his way to show to his family his love for them.

Sunggyu and Hoya were in charge of the youngests. Everyday, after school, both of them would go to the primary school to pick the three little boys up and the five of them would walk home together. There, they would take a little break by helping Dongwoo cleaning the house or whatever they had to do and then, they would do their homeworks. Hoya would watch Sungjong while Sunggyu was looking after Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

The maknae, to everyone's surprise, was pretty smart for his young age and never had troubles with school. He always understood things well and fast and had the highest grades. Teachers compared him to a genius but he always said that he only had good influence from his hyungs.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol had good marks too. Even if Myungsoo sometimes missed some classes, his brothers would always help him to catch up with the lessons. Sunggyu trusted Sungyeol for that and while the two boys were helping each other, the oldest would have time for his own works.

The last month went like this, the seven brothers helping each others, and the parents were so proud of them. They regretted to not spending more time with their children but they wanted so much to offer thoses vacations to their sons that they knew that it was worth it.

 

And indeed, now that they were on their way to the beach house, the minivan was only filled with this summer song, singing by seven happy hearts.

When the car stopped in front of a pretty white wooden house, the boys just jumped out of the vehicle and ran to their new sweet home. They immediately started their exploration without their parents, letting the two adults handdling the luggages.

Passing the front door, they found themselves directly in a spacious living room. It was lightly decorated and that was really pretty. At their right was the kitchen, opened on all the ground floor. A long table was standing at the furthest corner of the floor and they were only surrounded by big windows through which they could see the yellow sand and the blue ocean. At their left was a spiral staircase, leading to the first floor.

They went upstairs and found four doors in the hallway. The first one at their left was the bathroom. A big white and beige water room with a large bathtub and a wide shower. Two sinks with some fresh flowers and a soft carpet completed the space. The room just in front of the bathroom was the parents room with a big bed, a wardrobe and a desk. It was simple but really nice. And finally, the two last doors at the end of the hall leaded them two their rooms which were identical. Two bunkbeds and two wardrobes in each room.

The boys looks at each other and they silently decided how to split in two groups. Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong in the first one and Sunggyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo in the second one.

 

Wouah!! These beds are sooooo comfortable!! I love them!”

 

Yeollie, don't jump up there or you will...”

 

BOUM

 

Dino-hyung told you~”

 

Yah, Lee Sungjong! Help me instead of laughing about me!”

 

You fell, you get up, what can I do more?”

 

Tss, why aren't you the little cute Jongie anymore? He would help me, arrgh my .”

 

Is everything alright? What was this loud thud?”

 

Don't worry, Hyunnie. It's just Yeollie who fell from his bed because he was jumping.”

 

What? Hoya-hyung, how can you just say that about me without any emotions? I'm hurt!”

 

Dino-hyung told you.”

 

Aigoo, Yeollie, are you alright?”

 

Yeah, Hyunnie-hyung. It's okay. Just Jongie and Hoya-hyung who are teasing me.”

 

Dino-hyung was right.”

 

Not you too, Myungie!!”

 

Yeol, dont' forget to clean the mess you made on your bed before going down. Let's go and help Mom and Dad with the luggages.”

 

What? Gyu-hyung are more concerned about the bed than me?! Why are you all leaving? Hey guys! Don't let me behind! Wait for me!”

 

This is how they began their vacations at the beach. Already teasing, making prank and above all, they were having fun. The first two days were awesome. They went to the beach and played outside all day. When the evening came, they would all gather behind the house, on the sand, and would make a big barbecue. They then went inside to play some games all together or just sit outside, watching the bright starlight sky.

 

The third day was another story. The sun had disappeared, letting the rain falling on the small town. The boys were disappointed for not being able to go swimming but they quickly found a way to spend their time. Hide and seek. Classical but addictiv.

 

Your turn to count, Myungie-hyung!” Sungjong exclaimed, already running for a hidden place.

 

Myungsoo chukled as the others ran away and started to count. At twenty, he opened his eyes and was met with only the silence. Their parents were in town to buy some food for the night. It was just the seven of them at home and they were perfectly fine with that. A muffled laugh could be heard upstairs and the little boy immediately headed there.

When he stepped in the parents room, he already knew that there was someone under the bed. But he just wanted to play a little then he began to open the wardrobe.

 

No one in there.” He said quietly, smiling.

 

He then turned to the desk and sit on the wooden chair in front of it.

 

I'm sur I heard some noise here. From where can it come to?” He reflected outloud, glarring under the bed.

 

Another repressed giggle resounded and he recorganised Dongwoo's laughter. Myungsoo stood up, ready to surprised his brother, when he noticed one of the drawers of the desk slightly opened. Curiosity took over him and he pulled on it.

Just there, in the middle of the box was a beautiful shining black camera. The boy was fascinated by the devise and reached for it. The object was a little bit too big for his tiny hands and was heavy but he just could not let it go. He wanted to see how it work, just once. So he turned it on and hold it in front of his right eye. Aiming at the landscape through the window, he pushed the button and a click could be heard.

On the screen of the camera, he could see the grey sand path leading to a cliff just at the end of the horizon. The sea was restless today and the powerful waves send some glossy drop in the air, blending with the drizzle. The sun was nowhere to be found but there was something in this picture that was shining through the sad weather, something new, something pur. Like a promise that everything would be even more gorgeous when the clear weather would come back.

Myungsoo smiled at his first shot and finally turned to the bed. His brother was still under it and he chukled at his idea. He climbed on the matress and bend over it, the camera in front of his eye again.

 

Smile Dino-hyung!” He said before pushing one more time one the button.

 

Messy hair and big eyes appeared on the screen and Myungsoo laughed at the sight. Dongwoo slidded from under the bed out and looked at his brother strangely.

 

What was that Myungie? What makes you laugh so much?”

 

Your face, hyung. It's too hilarious!”

 

Dongwoo jumped on the bed next to Myungsoo and looked at the device in his hands. He saw his agape face on the screen and joined his brother in the incontrolable laughter. After finally calming down, Myungsoo got up and took his hyung's hand.

 

Come on hyung. Let's find the others.”

 

They headed then to the bathroom. When they stepped silentely in, they immediately saw the tall silhouette in the shower. They exchange an evil gaze and got closer to the curtain. Dongwoo made the count down without a word and pulled on the rag, screaming as loud as he could. Sungyeol's shriek followed, just when a flash appeared.

 

Dino-hyung, you scared the life out of me!” Sungyeol complained with a hand on his heart.

 

The older ignored him, already laughing and turned to Myungsoo.

 

So?”

 

That's perfect!” The younger said, laughing as hard as before.

 

What's that? What is perfect?”

 

Your face Yeollie-hyung!” Myungsoo managed to reply between his laughter.

 

Sungyeol did not understand anything and looked at the screen in his borther's hand. He saw there his face, the eyes wide opened and the mouth in a curious grimace. He looked like a big owl on the picture and could only laugh at his own face.

 

What is all of this? I heard someone screams, is everything okay?” Sunggyu appeared at the bathroom door and looked at the three boys on the ground, still laughing hard.

 

Woohyun popped his head behind his hyung and Hoya and Sungjong did not take long to join them too. When the four of them saw Sungyeol's picture, they burst out laughing too. After a good ten minutes, they all finally calmed down.

 

Where did you find this, Myungie-hyung?” Sungjong asked, examining the camera.

 

In a drawer in Mommy and Daddy's room.”

 

That's great! We can take a lot of pictures now and keep memories of these holidays!” Woohyun exclaimed, hugging proudly his brother.

 

That was how they ended spending the rest of the day taking funny pictures in the house. When the parents got home, they could not avoid being photographed too.

At the end of the dinner, Dongwoo asked suddenly:

 

What about a family picture? It's been a while that we took one all together!”

 

And they all agreed with him. After cleaning the table, the family gathered on the couch and set up the camera in front of them. Ms Lee was sitting in the middle with Sungjong on her lap. Myungsoo was at her left with Sunggu while Woohyun was on the back of the couch, behind his two brothers. Sungyeol was sitting and smiling widely at Ms Lee's right and Dongwoo and Hoya were behind him, on the back too. Mr Lee pressed the button and ran to the other end of the couch.

 

Everybody say cheese!” He said, putting an arm over Hoya's back.

 

And everyone smiled as wide as they could. A flash lighted up the room and the picture was saved on the device. Nine smiling faces, eyes twinkling and filled with happiness and delight, hearts full of love to give and minds dreaming of a bright futur.

 

Lee family was lucky, that day was the only raining day. The weather got better and hotter and they all finally could enjoy their summer vacations. Swimming, playing and resting were all they needed to spend their times.

One evening, after eating at an italian restaurant, they all walked a little bit in the busy and lighted streets. Souvenirs shops were opened, icecream stalls were crowded and people were walking in every way. Mr Lee was in the front, making a path for his family behind him. Sungyeol and Sungjong, Dongwoo and Myungsoo and Woohyun and Hoya were following him while Ms Lee and Sunggyu were at the end of the line.

Sunddenly Ms Lee stopped and turned around, searching her oldest son. She found him a few steps behind, looking deeply at a rack of a souvenirs shop.

 

Gyu, do you want something from this shop?” She called him.

 

He got out of his thoughts and ran to her mother.

 

No, it's okay, Mom. Let's just get icecreams for the others.” He replied, smiling gently.

 

She brushed his hair, took his hand and joined the rest of the family further. Sunggyu looked behind him one last time before shaking his head and forgetting whatever he was thinking of. This move was immediately noticed by Woohyun and the boy pocked Hoya's side.

 

I think Gyu-hyung wants something from the shop over there. We didn't get him anything for his birthday, what about coming there tomorrow and buying him what he wants?”

 

Sounds good! But what about the money?”

 

Don't worry, if we all put our saving together, I'm sur we will have enough!”

 

Okay, let's ask the others later.”

 

The two boys smiled proudly at their idea. Sunggyu always managed to get them something for their birthdays. Even if it was just a lemon candy, a black pencil, pink gloves, a purple sunglasses , a green notebook or a red scarf, he always had something to give them. But everytime the youngers asked him what he would like, he would say that all he needed was them being healthy and happy. So if this time they could make him happy, they would do it.

When they finally got home, Hoya and Woohyun waited that everyone would be in their own bed. Woohyun watched Sunggyu until this one fell deeply asleep. He then woke Myungsoo up silentely and motionned him to follow him in the other room. As they stepped in the second room, the four boys were already awake and had gathered in a circle at the middle, between the two bunkbeds.

 

So what's happening, Hyunnie-hyung?” Myungsoo asked, sitting next to Hoya and rubbing his small eyes.

 

Gyu-hyung wants something from a souvenirs shop and as we didn't get him a present at his last birthday, I thought that we could put our saves together and buy what he wants so much.” Woohyun explained proudly and Hoya giving him a look full of support.

 

What is it?” Sungyeol questionned.

 

We don't know. We just saw that Gyu-hyung really wants something from the shop.” Hoya replied.

 

Whatever it is, here is my money!” Dongwoo announced, pulling a little green bag from under his pillow.

 

Count on me too!” Sungyeol exclaimed, searching in his backpack the little money that he had.

 

Me too!” Sungjong said, showing proudly some coins from who knew where.

 

It's a good idea. I will give you my money tomorrow.” Myungsoo said, smiling at the idea of his hyung being happy.

 

Great! I will go tomorrow with Hoya and we will share the rest of the money if there is too much.” Woohyun suggested.

 

They all agreed and after putting all the coins in a jar that they just found in one the wardrobes, they went back to sleep.

 

The next morning came with a bright sun. The family ate their breakfast on the large table with a summer and soft breeze coming from the opened windows behind them.

 

Gyu-hyung, can I take some pictures with you today?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

 

Sunggyu looked at him, surprised. Since the boy had found the camera, he did not stop taking pictures of anything and everything. Usually, Sungjong and Sungyeol would be the ones with him, being the model or just following him to make sur that he was fine.

 

Why me suddenly, Myungie? I thought you said yesterday that you wanted to take pictures of Yeollie and Jongie on the beach.” Sunggyu replied softly.

 

I do but can you join us? It would be fun!” The boy insisted.

 

Sorry, Myungie, but you know that I don't like playing model and being under the sun too long.”

 

Myungsoo pouted and Sunggyu just giggled at his brother, patting his head. Myungsoo thought that he could divert the older from the others then they could go to the shop and buy the gift but it seemed that it would not be that easy.

 

Woohyun-ah, are you done? I still have to beat you at cards game.” The older questionned, turning to his dongsaeng.

 

Uhm.. yeah, you're right. Let's go!” The younger said pulling his brother to the living room.

 

While Sunggyu was searching for the cards set, Woohyun turned around and looked at Hoya and Dongwoo. They understood each other immediately. He trusted the two boys for the gift. So Hoya stood up and said that he would go for a walk with Dongwoo. Without another word, they both left. Mr and Ms Lee looked at each other, startled, but they let their sons go anyway, they trusted them enough for letting them alone in the small village. Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong finished their dishes and went outside too, on the beach to take some pictures. Mr Lee joined the olders while Ms Lee watched the youngers from the porch.

Time passed and no one noticed that the sun had slowly started to set down. When an exclamation from Sungjong saying how the landscape was beautiful, Mr Lee and Sunggyu joined the three youngests and Ms Lee oustide, sitting on the warm sand and watching the wonderful view.

Woohyun who stayed inside began to feel the worry in him increasing. Where were Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya? How can they take so much time for a simple gift? Just when he asked himself these questions, the door cracked slowly open and Dongwoo's head appeared in the gap.

 

Dongwoo-hyung! I was so worried, where both of you were all of this time?”

 

Sshh. Please tell me that mom and dad are not around.” Dongwoo murmured and Woohyun had to come closer to hear him.

 

They are on the beach with the others, why?”

 

Please, don't panic or crie okay?”

 

Woohyun did not understand anything at what his brother said but when Hoya appeared behind the older, the younger could only gasped at the sight.

 

Oh my... Come with me.” Woohyun said and pulled the boy with him upstairs.

 

Hoya had a bruise on his cheek, his hair were a mess and his lips were bleeding a little bit. They stepped in the bathroom and Woohyun made his brother sit on the edge of the bath tube. He then took his own shower towel and soaked it with warm water before cleaning his brother's face and lips. No words were exchanged. Hoya just let Woohyun take care of him. Dongwoo had closed the door and was leaning against it, looking at the two younger.

 

Show me your hands.” Woohyun asked suddenly.

 

I'm fine now, it's gonna be...”

 

Lee Howon, your hands.” Woohyun repeated firmly.

 

Woohyun never called his brothers by their full names. It was even him who had given them their nick names. So it was a shock to see him so serious. Hoya showed reluctantly his hands and Woohyhun's eyes were wide opened at the view. He sighed, wetted the towel again and cleaned his brother's bloodstained hands.

 

Hyunnie-ah, are you mad?” Hoya tried to break the silence.

 

Why would I?” Replied the boy shortly.

 

You're definitly mad.”

 

I'm not mad. I'm scared! You two left for so long and when you come back, you're in this state! I... I care about you so much, about all of you. I'm so afraid of what could have happened. I should have gone with you this morning. Maybe I could protect you or I could have done something, anything, I...”

 

Calm down, Hyunnie-ah” Hoya said softly, interupting the flow of words and hugging his brother.

 

Woohyun let himself embraced in this sweet warm and finally calmed down. Dongwoo came near them and sat on the floor, next to Hoya's legs.

 

At least, we have this.” He said tenderly, pulling a small brown package out from his back.

 

What is it? Is it the gift?” Woohyun asked, taking it and looking expenctendly at the two boys.

 

Open it.” Hoya invited him to do.

 

And he did it. He opened the package and found inside seven bracelets interwinded at each other. He reached for the one on the top and discovered a leather wristband with a infinity white symbol plated on it.

 

Each bracelet have a different color.” Dongwoo precised and took them all out.

 

White, green, red, purple, pink, black and yellow. Seven beautiful colors fitting each one of the brothers perfectly. Hoya took the red one and pulled lightly on Woohyun's wrist, asking him silently to extend his arm and the younger did so.

 

Red as your heart, as the passion you put in each one of your delicious plates and as your infinite love for each one of us.” Hoya mentionned while he was making a knot to the bracelet around the boy's wrist.

 

Woohyun watched silently and just traced the symbol smoothly with his finger. He finally smiled with all of his heart and hugged suddenly his two brothers with all of his strength.

 

Thank you.” He whispered gently in their ears.

 

He released them after a while and, at the end, asked the question that was repeating in his mind since they had come back.

 

“What happened?”

 

Hoya sighed loudly and slipped on the floor, next to the older. Dongwoo put a hand reassurely on his arm and patted the place at his left for Woohyun to sit with them.

 

“It took us a while before we noticed the bracelets. When we finally went to pay them, three boys appeared from nowhere and made fun of us because of the colors. You know Hoya, he can lose his temper easily sometimes. I calmed him down and we were about to leave the shop when one of them insulted Gyu-hyung.”

 

“What?! How?” Woohyun exclaimed, outraged.

 

“You don't want to know it. Apparently them saw him yesterday in front of the shop and they just said something that they shouldn't. Hoya beat them hard and I let him do so. We were so mad about that.”

 

Dongwoo ended by looking at the floor, ashamed because he had let that happened without stopping his brother. He should have been more responsible but when he heard these hurtful words about a member of his family, he just wished that these boys would end up at the hospital.

 

“I hope they are in a worser state than Hoya.”

 

Woohyun just said bluntly and move to the package. He took two bracelets out, the green one and the purple one, and reach for Dongwoo's wrist.

 

“The green suits you, Dino-hyung. Your energy gives us strength everymorning, you always know how to make us smile. You're our hope, our infinite hope.”

 

Then the boy went to sit in front of Hoya and did the same moves.

 

“Purple is sweet and pur as your heart. You always assured that all of us are fine, always protecting us. It's your loyalty that is infinite.”

 

Woohyun then looked between the two of them and smiled.

 

“You did well. No one can insult our family without paying the price.”

 

The three of them laughed lightly at this statement and when they stopped, Hoya took a worried gaze and askly soflty at Woohyun:

 

“You won't tell Mom and Dad, will you?”

 

“Don't worry, I won't. But we still have to hide this bruise. Let me see if I can find something in mom's make up bag.” Woohyun said, winking and going to the parents room.

 

Dongwoo and Hoya smiled at that. Woohyun was so adorable, nice and supportive but he could also be very scary if one of them were hurt. Among the seven of them, Woohyun and Sunggyu were surely the ones that love them the most. When the boy came back, he did a perfect work on Hoya's cheek and the three of them finally joined their family to spend the rest of the evening all together.

 

The moon was dancing softly and gracefully in the dark sky, dragging with it in this sweet and silent melody billions of shining stars. Even the wind had followed the smooth steps, making flowers, leaves and trees all moving in rythme. The ocean was playing hamoniously along the midnight tune.

That was when six boys slipped gently in the oldest brother's bed.

 

“What are you guys doing?” Murmured Sunggyu, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

Happy birthday Gyu-hyung!” Sungjong said, hugging his brother.

 

What are you talking about, Jongie? My birthday was some months ago already.” Sunggyu replied, now fully awake.

 

We know, hyung! But we didn't give you a birthday gift so here you are!” Sungyeol exclaimed, pointing at Woohyun who had his hands behind his back.

 

Hyunnie, what are they talking about?”

 

Here, it's for you, Gyu-hyung. We saw you yesterday starring at this and we decided to buy it for you as we never had the chance to give you something for your birthday.” Woohyun explained, exteding his hands and reaching for his brother's wrist.

 

He tied there the bracelet with the white infinity symbol.

 

White as the combinaison of all colors, as the perfect brother and leader as you are and as the infinite trust that you always have in us. Thank you for being by our side, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu starred, surprised at the bracelet, and then looked at his brothers, one by one.

 

It means so much for me. Thank you guys. Thank you for being my brothers and my family.” He said, his voice cracking a little bit because of the overwhelming emotions.

 

He hugged Sungjong and Woohyun who where next to him and then mentionned to the others to join them. They all stayed there, in the comfortable and warm arms of each other, under the clear moonlight.

Sunggyu had immediately noticed the bracelets at the others wrists. Green for Dongwoo, red for Woohyun and purple for Hoya. Sungyeol had the pink one as his sweet heart. His happiness was endless and his kindness was immeasurable. Myungsoo, of course, wore the black wristband. Even if it was a dark color, on him, it was elegant and only reflected his simple mind. He did not need anything else than his brothers in his life. It was this single mind that bounded them all. And finally, Sungjong had the yellow bracelet. A color fitting perfectly this ball of sunshine that reminded them everyday how it was great to smile and to enjoy every second of their life.

Sunggyu smiled at how all of the colors painted so well each one of their personnality. They were all so different but at the same time they were certainly completing each others. It was perfect. Their family was perfect and these summer vacations were wonderful.

Sunggyu really wished, this night with his brothers sleeping near him, that those memories and their family would last forever.

 

But who could know that it was their last summer, all the nine of them together?

 

 


 

From now on, the angst part will begin ;D 

It was a long chapter for my long time without any update^^' I'm so sorry for the ones who are waiting for the new chapters here and for Special Division Infinite, it will take me some times because college had started again and there is a lot of work^^' I will try my best to publish from time to time, thank you for being patient and for still following me :D

What are you expecting for the next chapter? 

And an important question, do you prefer a bittersweet ending or a sad one? (It's still far but it's just to know in which direction do you want this story goes, I can't make a choice xD)

Thank you for all the new subscribers!! Welcome here guys :D And thank you to all of you for reading, commenting and/or supporting this story. It means so much for me^^

Love you all~
<3