Chapter 1: An ordinary day

Because we are Infinite

 

Sunggyu: 8 years old

Dongwoo: 7 years old

Woohuyn and Hoya: 6 years old

Sungyeol: 5 years old

Myungsoo: 4 years old

Sungjong: 3 years old

 

 

~°~°~°~°~°~

 

Woohyun woke up at the smell of the coffee. Six am and as every morning in Lee's family, his parents were eating their breakfast before going to work.

He got up, being careful to not waking Sunggyu-hyung in the other bed up, and went down on the floor ground. When he entered in the bright kitchen, his mom greeted him with a kiss on his forehead while his father ruffled his hair.

 

"How did my Woohyunnie sleep?" His mother asked with a sweet voice, already setting the table for her children.

 

"Good." He answered, yawning.

 

"That's great! Can you go wake up your brothers, Hyunnie?" She replied, smiling.

 

"Yes, of course!" He exclaimed, now fully awake.

 

"Good boy" He heard his parents said just when he went upstairs again.

 

Just when he was about to step in his own room to wake his hyung up, Sunggyu opened the door.

 

"Ooh, you're already awake." He stated simply, ruffling gently his dongsaeng's hair.

 

"Yes, good morning hyung!" He greeted his brother.

 

"Good morning, Hyunnie. Come on, let's wake up the others" The oldest said, taking his brother's hand and heading to the room next to theirs.

 

Opening the door, they were surprised to find Howon, already awake and jumping on the bed next to his. Sunggyu and Woohyun could only laugh in front of this scene. They did not wait long before joining the boy in his game. Their usual morning game, how to wake Dongwoo up. Their brother was a heavy sleeper and it was always funny for them to find a way to get him out of the bed. After fifteen minutes, Dongwoo was finally awake and followed his brothers to the last room, down the hall.

After stepping in the dark room and being used to the darkness, they could only melt in front of the scene. Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong, the three youngest of their big family, were deeply and adorably asleep in the same bed. Myungsoo was between the two other boys, breathing peacefully even if it was irregular. Having a weak heart, his body was also suffering but he was still alive and everyone in the family always made sur that he was alright and smiling. All it matter was him being by their sides. Sungjong, at his left, was hugging his hyung's back. Even if he was the youngest, he already knew that he had to protect and take care of Myungsoo. And finally, both of them were in Sungyeol's long arms who was keeping them in a tight and warm embrace.

The four of them were so deep in their thoughts that they did not notice that Sungyeol was awake and was starring back at them.

 

Hyungs? What are you doing? Is it already time to wake up?” He said, pulling the oldests out ouf their mind.

 

Yes Yeollie, it's already morning.” Dongwoo replied, sitting on the edge of the bed next to the five years old boy.

 

Hoya was standing next to him while Sunggyu and Woohyun were sitting on the other side, next to Sungjong.

 

Did Myungsoo cry again this night?” Hoya wanted to know, looking tenderly at the said boy.

 

Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong had their own bed in this room. But because of his heart and the pain, Myungsoo sometimes cried in the middle of the night and that was why Sungyeol and Sungjong would sleep with him to comfort him.

 

Just a little bit. But he is fine now.” Sungyeol answered brushing his fingers on Myungsoo's cheek.

 

Okay guys, go first to the bathroom. I will take care of Myungie. Remember that tomorrow, we are going to the amusement parc then let's work well at school today and Mom and Dad will be proud of us.” Sunggyu instructed.

 

Yes, Gyu-hyung!” They all answered, smiling wide.

 

Sungyeol did not waste his time to jump on Dongwoo's back, both of them heading to the bathroom for morning habits, already laughing. Howon followed them quietly but still smiling at his brothers. Woohyun woke Sungjong up and carried him out of the room too.

Sunggyu was left alone with a still asleep Myungsoo. He took him on his lap and kissed him on his forehead.

 

Myungie, morning is here. Wake up deary.” He humed sweetly against his brother's ear while rubbing gently one of his arm.

 

Myungsoo was a heavy sleeper too but Sunggyu just knew how to wake him up kindly. The younger moved a little bit but still did not open his eyes. The oldest smiled and started to sing quietly.

 

A person who is with me, a person who will keep being with me, I don't want to lose you until the world ends. I can only dream as long as you're here, because the world I draw out starts with you.”

 

It was the same beautiful song that he sang to him every morning. A song which meant that they would grow up together, the seven of them, until forever.

And as expected, Myungsoo opened his eyes and gave his hyung a bright smile. He was just adorable with his dimples and Sunggyu could not resist to kiss his cheeks, making him laugh.

 

Good morning Gyu-hyung.”

 

Good morning Myungie. Come on, let's join the others in the bathroom.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and Sunggyu carried him to the water room. They were greeted by more laughs and everyone came to hug the young boy. After brushing their teeth and washing their face, they all returned in their own room to change their clothes.

In Sunggyu and Woohyun's room, the two boys were used to the mornings like this one. Exchanging their pajamas for their school uniform, they stayed silence, enjoying the melody of Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong laughs. Sunggyu was putting his homework in his bag when two small arms were wrapped around his waist.

 

"Hyunnie?"

 

"Are you mad at me, Gyu-hyung? I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Don't be mad at me, please." Woohyun said, pouting and tears at the edge of his eyes.

 

"Aigoo, Hyunnie, I'm not mad at you, what are you talking about?" Sunggyu said, turning to face his brother.

 

"You didn't hug me before."

 

"Ooh, I'm sorry Hyunnie. I just wanted to make sur that everyone will behave today then we will have a great time tomorrow." The oldest replied, hugging his dongsaeng tight.

 

"I know, don't worry about that, we all always behave." The younger grinned.

 

"Yeah, you're right. I'm so proud of all of you."

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Yes, Hyunnie?"

 

"I'm proud of you too and I love you!" Woohyun exclaimed and peeked on his brother's cheek.

 

Sunggyu laughed and finally released his dongseang. He took his school bag and the two boys stepped out of the room. While both of them were walking down the hall, a loud scream could be heard from the youngests room.

Panicking, they ran in there quickly, only to find Myungsoo laughing all of his heart out, sitting on his bed, Sungyeol chasing Sungjong and this last one wearing his older brother's pants on his head. Dongwoo and Howon soon joined them and the four of them laughed hard in front of the hilarious scene.

Sungjong found his safety behind Sunggyu and Wooyhun and Sungyeol just gave up, not wanting to fight against his hyungs. After calming his laugh, the oldest brother just took the youngest in his arms and removed the pants from his little head. Sungyeol could finally put it on and Sunggyu dressed his little baby brother.

After all, the seven of them went down in the kitchen and were greeted by their parents. Kisses and hugs were made and they finally took place around the long table, each one at their specific place. Sunggyu and Dongwoo at the end of the table. Next to the oldest, his devoted dongsaeng, Woohyun, then Sungyeol and Myungsoo was between this one and his father who was at the other end of the table. On the other side, Howon was beside Dongwoo, then came Sungjong on his baby sit and finally their mom.

 

Mommy, can I have more orange jus?” Dongwoo asked, smiling widely.

 

No Dino, you already have enough energy for the day.” Ms.Lee said, chuckling.

 

Owange jus fow Gyu-hyung!” Sungjong said, laughing, soon joined by all the family.

 

I have enough energy for the day too.” The oldest brother replied, pouting.

 

Everyobody laughed even more and after fifteen minutes, the breakfast was done.

 

"Okay, guys, everyone in the car, we're leaving in 10 minutes!" Mr.Lee said, getting up.

 

The children followed him in the hall to wear their coat and shoes. Only Sunggyu stayed behind. He quickly poured another orange jus glass and drink it all in once and ran outside, joining his dongsaengs. Ms.Lee saw it all and could only smiled. She perfectly knew that his oldest child would do anything for his brothers.

After cleaning a little bit the kitchen, she left the house and got in the big car. Everyone was already in their respective seat. Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol at the very back. In the middle were Woohyun, Myungsoo and Sungjong. And at the front, the parents and Sunggyu.

And their day began. The first ones to be dropped were the four older at the primary school. They did not forget to kiss the younger ones before wishing their parents a nice day. Sungyeol was the next one. Usually, Myungsoo would go with him too but today, the little boy had to pass some tests at the hospital, then he would stay there the whole day with Ms. Lee. But before that, Sungjong was dropped at the children garden. After all the destinations, Mr. Lee was finally ready to head to his office work.

 

It was an ordinary day and as always, at the end of school, at 4pm, Woohyun and Hoya were waiting for Dongwoo and Sunggyu at the school exit. When the two older finally got out, the four of them walked home. Their house was not so far so it only took them twenty minutes by feet. Arrived in front of their pretty house, Sunggyu opened the door with the key that his parents had given to him and the four brothers went directly in the living room for their daily cartoons on tv.

A few minutes later, Ms.Lee got home with Sungyeol and Sungjong. The four older were surprised to not see Myungsoo with the youngers. They all knew that their brother had passed his whole day at the hospital as every month, but usually, he would get home with Sungyeol and Sungjong.

 

"Mom, where is Myungie?" Sunggyu asked for everyone, worried.

 

"I'm going to pick him up now. His tests were a little bit longer today. My Gyu, would you take care of your dongsaengs while I'm not here?" Ms.Lee asked.

 

"Yes, of course, Mom!" Sunggyu replied, taking Sungjong in one of his arms and Sungyeol's hand.

 

"Thank you my big boy. I'll be back soon" She said, kissing each one of her sons.

 

After she closed the front door, Dongwoo let know about his concern.

 

"Hyung, do you think Myungie is alright?"

 

"I'm sur he is. He can't leave us now, right?"

 

They all nodded, even if the worry was still here.

 

"I am gowna hug Myungie-hyung!" Sungjong exclaimed with a big smile and his arms opened wide.

 

They all laughed in front of their cute maknae and Sunggyu finally release his younger brother. He ruffled the younger's hair and everyone returned in the living room.

 

"Okay, guys! Let's make our homework then when Myungie will come home, we will play all together!" Sunggyu said and all of them gathered around the little table.

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo worked in their corner, trying to finish their homework as soon as possible but doing it well. Woohyun and Hoya was helping each other, being in the same class. And Sungyeol was finishing a drawing while Sungjong passed him the color pencil that he would ask.

An hour later, Ms.Lee got home with Myungsoo and they were greet by the six brothers.

 

"Myungie-hyung!!" Sungjong shouted, running directly in the older's arms.

 

"Jongie. Were you a good boy today?"

 

"Yes, hyung! I learn color today and I help Yeollie-hyung with homework!!" The youngest exclaimed proudly.

 

"That's great!"

 

The olders came to hug their brother and all of them went upstairs in the youngests room as it was the bigger one.

 

Myungie, which game do you want to play?” Sungyeol asked, jumping on his bed.

 

I don't know. Maybe I will just sleep, I'm too tired. Sorry Yeollie-hyung.” the little boy said, yawning.

 

Myungie, is everything alright?” Woohyun asked, taking the younger on his lap.

 

They were all sitting on the carpet ground now between Sungyeol and Myungsoo beds. Sunggyu was beside Woohyun, watching his sick brother with concern. Dongwoo and Hoya were next to the oldest, with Sungyeol and Sungjong in their arms.

 

The doctors said that I'm fine. But I'm so tired now.” Myungsoo answered quietly, closing slowly his eyes.

 

It's okay, Myungie-ah. You can sleep a little bit.” Dongwoo said, smiling gently to him and tightening his arms aroung Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo nodded and made him comfortable in his hyung arms. They were all wachting him. They all saw how he was exhausted by just staying awake. They all saw how he was paler than this morning. Something was wrong. And they were so scared.

 

Gyu-hyung?” The sick boy whispered, his eyes still closed.

 

Yes Myungie?”

 

When I will wake up, we will still be the seven of us in this room, right?”

 

Of course. We are a family, we are brothers. We will always be the seven of us, because we are Infinite.” Sunggyu murmured, his hand reaching for the younger one.

 

Myungsoo sighed in content and he finally fell asleep.

Between the irregular breaths and the noises in the kitchen from afar, the six boys looked at each other with worry fulling their eyes. Myungsoo was weak. Too weak. And even if Sunggyu's words can comfort them a little bit, they were still scared for their lovely brother.

 

"He will be alright. We will protect him, no matter what."

 

Hoya never spoke a lot but when he did, everyone can trust his words. Because Hoya was the strongest among them, they could trust him. Always. So they nodded.

 

An hour later, when Ms.Lee stepped in the room to announce the dinner, she found her sons sleeping all together, hugging each other.

They were all so young but they already knew so much about reponsibility, solidarity and most of all, love. It was sad that Myungsoo was not like the other kids of his age but thank to him, his brothers learnt a lot about life.

She gently woke Dongwoo and Hoya, the ones near her, up first.

 

"Dinner is ready boys."

 

"Coming.." Dongwoo answered yawning.

 

And ten minutes later, they were all at the table, already speaking with enjoyment, laughing at everything and enjoying their family time. Another ordinary day full of love and happiness was ending. And as always, everything was almost perfect for the Lee's.

 

After dinner, Dongwoo and Woohyun helped their mom to clean the kitchen. The other boys went upstairs in the biggest room and set everything up for their usual night game. Pillows were put on the two board of Myungsoo's bed and blankets were stacked on each other near the headboard. Their pirate boat was ready to join their imaginative ocean.

Dongwoo and Woohyun finally stepped in the room, just when everything was set up.

 

"Dino, Hyunnie, let's get on the boat. We are ready to leave." Sunggyu said while making some place for them on the bed.

 

"Yes Captain Gyu!!"

 

And there they were, sailing through the big blue sea, searching for the precious tresor. A stone which can make a wish come true.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu were on the blankets, driving their beautiful boat through the seas and the oceans. Sungyeol and Sungjong were in the front, leading the building and warning what was in front of them. And finally Hoya, Woohyun and Dongwoo were in the middle, preparing their weapons to fight whatever would stand on their way. Evil mermaids and aweful sharks could not stop them. Nothing could when they were the seven of them.

 

"Whale!" Sungjong shouted, pointing to his right.

 

"Captain Gyu, what should we do?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"It's too close, let's turn on the left Myungie."

 

"Friend!" Sungjong exclaimed with a big smile and eyes full of hope looking at the oldest.

 

"Hyung, can't the whale be our friend?" Myungsoo asked for his younger brother.

 

Sunggyu seemed to reflect about it and finally agree.

 

"Alright! Hoya and Jongie, your mission is to reach his back."

 

"Yeah!"

 

"Understood hyung."

 

"Can I come with them, Captain Gyu?" Myungsoo asked full of expectation.

 

"Can you do it, Myungie?"

 

"Yes! I want to try."

 

"Okay! Hoya, Jongie, take care of Myungie, alright?"

 

"Yes Captain!"

 

Myungsoo, more than happy to finally have a mission, jumped on the board and joined his two brothers on the edge of the boat.

 

"Ready Myungie? Jongie?" Hoya demanded, looking at them.

 

"Let's go!!!" Sungjong shouted, already jumping on Sungyeol's bed.

 

Myungsoo nodded before Hoya followed the youngest. He then turned around and opened his arms. Myungsoo jumped and the older caught him perfectly in his embrace.

 

"You're okay Myungie?"

 

"Yes, hyung. Thank you."

 

Hoya ruffled his hair and wanted to check on Jongie but the youngest was already standing on the front, smiling and screaming his heart out:

 

"The whale is our friend!!"

 

All of them could only laugh at this sight. Myungsoo came behind the youngest and hug him tight, grinning in happiness while Hoya stood beside them, making sur that nothing would happen.

They were so immerged in their sea world that they did not notice that their parents were at the door, watching them lovingly. Woohyun was the first who see them after calming down his laughter.

 

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing?"

 

The parents were pulling out of their thoughts and just smiled to them.

 

"Nothing Hyunnie. We were just watching you." Ms.Lee answered stepping in the room and sitting on the edge of Sungyeol's bed, taking Sungjong and Myungsoo in her arms.

 

Hoya took a place next to her while Mr.Lee sat on Myungsoo's bed with Sungyeol on his lap and the three older boys around him.

 

"What are you searching for, boys?" The father asked.

 

"The wish stone!" Sungjong replied with a big bright smile.

 

"A wish stone? What is that?"

 

"It's a stone that can make a wish come true, Daddy. There is only one on this earth and we will find it!" Sungyeol said proudly.

 

"And when you will find it, what will you do with it? Only one wish can be made but you are seven." Ms.Lee questionned.

 

"We only wish one thing and that's enough for the seven of us." Dongwoo replied, grinning.

 

"And what is it?" Mr.Lee asked, curious.

 

"If we say it out loud, it won't come true! It's a secret between us only." Woohyun exclaimed.

 

"Alright, alright, I won't ask more. Tomorrow will be a big day so bed time now!" Mr.Lee said, singing it and standing up.

 

They all followed his move and went in the bathroom for brushing their teeth. Twenty minutes later, they were all in their own bed. The two adults went from room to room to wish their boys a good night.

In the three youngests room, as soon as Myungsoo laid down, he fell asleep. Sungyeol and Sungjong, by habits, crawled in his bed and hug him tight before leaving for dreamland too. The parents kissed each forehead and went in the next room.

Dongwoo and Hoya were sitting on their own bed and were talking about tomorrow. When Mr and Ms Lee entered, they slipped in their blanckets. After kisses and hugs, the light was turned off. Only the little light near Dongwoo's bed was on, to keep him safe from ghosts and monsters.

When the two adults stepped in the last room, they could see Woohyun, already asleep in his brother's arms.

 

"He wanted to hug me but fell asleep on me." Sunggyu said pouting but still tightened his embrace.

 

The parents smiled and kissed them. Mr.Lee left the room after that but the mother kneeled beside the bed and asked his oldest son quietly:

 

"You all wish to be together forever, right?"

 

Sunggyu nodded.

 

"Do you think it can come true?" The boy asked in return.

 

"I'm sur of that. Because your love for each other is endless and as you always say it, the seven of you are Infinite." She whispered while Sunggyu joined his brothers in dreamland.

 

 

 


 

And here we are with the first chapter!! 

How was it? Do you like it?^^
Next chapter will be about them being in the amusement parc ;) 

So see you next time :D 

Thank you for passing by, reading, commenting and/or supporting me!!
Love you all~
<3