Just Give Me One More Chance

The Hero

Yonghwa remind silent after hearing what Seohyun said He seems didn’t have any word left. Wether he should mad ? Or happy ? Or crying ? he didn tknow. He just stepped back and everything seems inaudible in his eyes. He saw Seohyun try to catch his arm. But he kept silent as if world is the world is mute movie he ever watch with Jonghyun. He kept stepping back until he realized Seohyun crying.

“Oppa..” she said.

“I hate you….” Yonghwa mumbled but seohyun could hear clearly. Yonghwa then saw the door and he immediately go out with no words. Left seohyun cry in confused.

“Oppa” she mumbled in her tears. Her knee felt so weak. No, her life felt so weak when he’s not around her. She need him. Most.

Yonghwa kept walking out from apartment and reach his café. Everyone look at him with a curious face. He maybe looked desperate now. He should be happy, but somehow it feels strange. It doesn’t feel happy or what else. It felt really numb.

“Mr. Jung, are you alright ?” he hear his staff asked him in concern.

“Yeah, Jongin-ah I’m fine. Just a little bit dizzy” he said. “Could you help me to rest in my room ?” he asked.

“Ye  Mr. Jung” he then help yonghwa who walk lifelessly. They entered yonghwa room and he carefully place yonghwa to bed. “Did you need anything else ? A tea ?” he asked.

“No, you may go now” he said.

****

Seohyun cry hard in front of her unnies. In her house now. Her Tayeoen unnie just shook her head and hug her patiently. Meanwhile her Hyoyeon unnie already burning in anger “Tell me hyunnie, what he have done to you ?” hyoyeon asked seohyun again. “Yah Kim Seohyun are you already deaf now ?!!” hyoyeon hit the table.

“He never done anything unnie!!!! All he have done is just saying those 3 words and left me” seohyun also shouted now. Her 2 unnies just gapped. Their sister never shouted at them, unless if she couldn’t bear her anger or sadness anymore.  “why love have to be this hurt unnie ?” Seohyun asked and clutched her chest “Its hurts here… You never told me it’ll be this hurt” she sobbed.

“Hyunnie…” taeyeon already in tears. She pitied her little sister. “Please, don’t cry anymore” she said. “Please be strong” she said

“I’m not that strong unnie, I’m not supergirl. I can cry too” she sobbed “Please unnie, this is so hurt,  unnie jebbaall made this pain go unnie” she sobbed

Hyoyeon who standing before now joined her unnie and her dongsaeng in hug. She cry too. She and Taeyeon once saw seohun cry this hard when their mother died. Seohyun cry for 3 days.

“Enough hyun-ah… you should strong” taeyeon said. “Maybe he really confused and that word slipped that way from his mouth” taeyeon said.

“But…”

“Hyunnie, listen” hyoyeon said and grab her shoulder made the cry woman look at her “You never tired looking for him after 7 years, why you give up now ? You should kept with him, so he would forgive you”  hyoyeon  said give her little sister encouragement.

“Unnie…” seohyun saw hyoyeon eyes and taeyeon repetedly “Should I ?”

“Yes, you are the stubborn girl, why you give up now ?” taeyeon said “Beside, there’s just a stupid guy who not falling in love with you”.

Seohyun the chuckled. She nodded her head in agreement. Her unnies right. In her family, she’s the stubborn one, why does she give up now ? She have to make Her Hero come again to her.

***

Yonghwa saw that. The woman who sit in the corner of his café. He sighed and come closer to her. It was seohyun he knew, because it’s the three days she come to his café and order nothing but the pasta he ever made for her.

“What exactly you want ?”

“Nothing, just want to see you” seohyun said and sipped her mineral water.

“You know, this is a place for eat”

“And meeting too” she cute him right away once she found a chance “meeting you” she said and smile

“Whatever” yonghwa give up

“Are you done ?” she asked made him turn around

“Done what ?”

“run away”

“I’m not that coward”

“I don’t said you coward”

“You said that, not literally” yonghwa said.

“No oppa, you just miss understand” seohyun keep prolong their conversation

“What do you want actually ?” he asked in frustration

“Nothing, just talk with you or eat the pasta you’ve made for me” she said

“Okay I’ll made that, and after that you will out from here ?”

“Excuse me, are you kicking your customers ?”

“Seohyun…” yonghwa sighed “fine I made you the pasta and you eat, after that. What ever” he said and go to the kitchen.

He really liked, no Loved seohyun presence here. But, like what her said, he seemed lik e coward who hiding from his mistake. Its been 3 days He avoiding seohyun, for what ? Nothing. He also don’t know for what ? He just still confused. In one side he really missed his angel and want to hug her, kiss her, and be with her. But on the other part of his, its really hard to know fact, he lost his mother because help her.

He cant out seohyun from his system. Its been 3 days already he’s not going to club. When he tried to go to club, there’s always seohyun in his mind.

After done with her pasta. He place that in the plate and serve that.  “Where’s the other plate ?” she asked.

Yonghwa just sighed and give her another plate. “You don’t have bother give  me, I already eat”

“Could you eat again ? To accompany me ?” she asked.

Like he always did. He do what she told and sit in front of her now, eating pasta she shared to him. Seohyun tucked her hair behind her ear and he noticed that, she got very thinner than before.

“Are you not eating ?” he asked.

“Huh ?” seohyun confused.

“You’re so thin”

“Oh that, yeah I cry pretty bad and lost my appetite” she explained easily and eat the pasta. Yonghwa lips pulled a little saw he eat wholeheartedly. She look so beautiful.  “Oh, I’m so full” she said after her plate clean from food.

“So I can leave now ?”

“No, oppa” she prevented him and hold his hand. She then look at his hand rub it with her. Yonghwa heart betaing fast when she do that “Your hands, it still warm” she said.

“Okay, enough. What do you want ?” he asked.

“I just want to ask you, are you still going clubbing in the night ?”

“Why do you care ?”

“I shouldn’t ?”

“Yes”

“Okay. Sorry. I just curious” she said and lowered her head pretend like a 5 years old child who scare at her mom.

Yonghwa sighed and shook his head. “I’m not going to club anymore, satisfied ?” he asked.

“Jinjja ?” seohyun excited.

“Yeah, let go of me, I still have work to do” he said.

“Okay” she chirped  and let go his hand.  She watch he as he slowly go to the kitchen. She smile, its okay he ignore her, but there’s no sins if she just starring, right ? She maybe look so happy, but insed her, its so hurt seeing yonghwa coldly at her.

An evening became dark now. But seohyun never leave her seat and kept reading her book. She the felt someone standing beside her. Its yonghwa. “Oh, oppa you’ve done ?” she asked and closed her book

“Why are you still here ?”

“In the outside, there’s no caption said ‘Kim Seohyun cant stay fro more that 5 minutes. So I free sit here” she said defended herself.

“Whatever, I want close now, you may go”

“Oh ? Already ? Okay” she said.

“Yeah” yonghwa said and sw seohyun tidy up her books from table. She place that in her bag and wore her scarf, after that she wore her beanie and lifted her bag.

“I’m going now, oppa” she said and just got a ‘hm’ from yonghwa mouth who kept close whenever he with her. “Jaljayo” she continue and out from café.

Yonghwa shook his head in  confused. He then  went to his room too. It’s a tiring day, and magically, its just like a new habit for him. Not going to club.

***

Yonghwa just opened his café in the morning and saw seohyun already there holding a picnic basket. She wear a light pink scarf and her  hair covered with her red beanie. She look like a student if people don’t know she’s an employee at YS Group in Accountant position.

“Really seohyun-ah, what are you doing here ?”

“Just want to drop this for your breakfast”

“Are you forget ? I’m OWN the café you standing in front of”

“I know, but the wise boss never eat what they made” she said.

“Whatever” yonghwa give up and turn around.

“just take this” seohyun said. Yonghwa sighed and took the basket “Make sure you eat that, okay ?” she said and get going to the bus stop near the café. She’s running late, buts he couldn’t care, all the matter is Yonghwa got his proper breakfast.

Yonghwa come in and started to open the basket. He saw there’s a sandwich and a kimchi also a milk. There’s also a letter in there

‘Yonghwa Oppa, Made sure you eat this, okay ?

And also, Please met me at the park tomorrow at 2 pm, I will sit at the couch near tree

Because I have something to told you

-seohyun’

Yonghwa just shook his head and tore the sandwich he eat that a little and smile knowing the fact the woman he loved made him this delicious sandwich.

But Met her in the park ? He’s not sure he’ll come… If he don’t come until after 4 she’ll never wait anymore, right ?

Yeah, like that.

****

Saturday finally come, seohyun never felt this happy. She wore her baby blue dress and cove rthat with her long coat. She tied her hair in a bun and added a bow.

She look so perfect with her light make up and matching shoes. She walked to the park she’ll met yonghwa. She knew it, yonghwa would came. He’s her hero after all. He would came.

Seohyun walk to the park and sit at the couch near tree. She rubbed her hand quickly and saw her wristwatch. Oh its still 1.59. He probably running late, he’s own the café, what she’s asking for ?

Seohyun stomped her feet impatiently. Yonghwa would come, right ? She look at her watch again, its already 4 pm. The cold in winter getting colder. But she still hope Yonghwa would come to her. She rubbed her hand again and held his handkerchief. He would come.

Bzzt… bzzzt….  Seohyun felt something tickles in her thigh, its her phone beeped, a message from soyou ‘hyun-ah how’s your date ?’ she asked. Seohyun the realized its already 7 pm now and its getting colder. felt like ice already. Where is he ?

Its 9 pm now when seohyun felt her body shivering already, Its really cold. She cant bear it anymore. Maybe yonghwa forgot. Or he did this on purpose ? No, she still have faith in him. He never meant to hate her. Its just his shock expression. Seohyun stand  after collected all her strength and her back felt so numb.and why is her breath felt uneven ? Her vision became blurry. She have to strong. ‘Its not yonghwa fault, its your fault, pago-yah!!!’ she thought and still try to walking.

And then she couldn’t bear it anymore. Her body felt in the ground and shivering “Help…he…help… oppa.. its cold… unnie… Yong Oppaa…” she said and shivering. All her organ felt like ice now.  “Help…” she try to scream I all her might “Yonghwa oppa…” she mumbling before faint lifelessly.

***

Yonghwa sit stand blankly as he saw the empty spot seohyun used to sit. He regret that now. He felt so stupid not come 2 days ago at park. She hate him probably now.

Just when his mind fly away, he heard a bell rang he raise his head and hope its seohyun, but its not it’s a guy who looked older than him. He walked furiously to the cashier

“Can I help you sir ?” the cashier asked

“I want to speak with your boss, now” he said

Yonghwa just titled his head and stand up “Are you looking for me ?” yonghwa asked

“Are you Jung Yonghwa ?” He asked.

“Yes, why ?”

Within any second his punch landed in her left cheek “Whats your problem, dude ?” he asked. Yonghwa looked around and found out all of attention the café in him. “Whatever your problem, please solve it outside” he said. He then take the guy outside to speak “What’s your problem, dude ? Did I slept with your wife ?” he asked.

But the guys not answer anything and punching him again on his face “Oppa enough” he hard a woman voice from the far and saw a beautiful woman running. She held the mand arms and hug him “Enogh” she said.

“What are guys problem, really ? yonghwa said.

“Whats our problem ?! You still asked ?” he snickered in disgust. “My sister almost died in Hypothermia because of you !!!!!!” he shouted.

Yonghwa taken a back, his sister ? He then look at the woman beside him. She really look like seohyun from affar. So, are they perhaps seohyun sibling ?

“Seohyun” he mumbled.

“Oh glad you remember, ing glad” he said “You made her wait the park until night and let her freezing ?? and you know what the funny thing ? My sister still called your name in her sickness and still gripped your handkerchief” he scinkered again

Yonghwa remind silent and his mind went blankly “Such a lucky bastard” that guy mumbling at him

Bastard ? yeah he deserve that.

“Why are you so cruel to her, yonghwa-ssi ? All she’s done is just loving you”  the girl he assumed Seohyun sister speak now.

Loving me ? That word now echoed in his mind

“You have no idea what effort she’s done for looking for you” she said “She cried in front of Choi Siwon, you head chief only to find out where are you” she said and sobbed

“She’s refused to get into Dongguk and tried har to get In Kyunghee because from what she heard that you are graduate from there. But… what you do ? Are you ever think of her ?” she said and buried her face in the man chest

“And now, after all this thing, she still whisper her hero”.

Yonghwa left dumbfounded. Did he heard that ? Seohyun… His Angel. His broken Angel. What he have done ? Did he hurt her so much ? His tears now fall freely “Where is she ?” he asked in his breath.

“She’s dying in hospital, because of you, bastard” the guys told him again

“Please, jus give me one more chance to make her happy. Please. I beg you, tell me where is she ?” he begged.

“She’s in Seoul International Hospital, room number 6002” the woman explain “Please yonghwa-ssi, my sister deserve to be happy”.

“I will, thank you so much” he said and hurriedly took his motorbike. He then drove away to the hospital ‘my angel, I hope there’s still chance for me’ yonghwa said in his mind. 

 

 

 

 

----

after finish my old story, i finally write this. Thank you so much for the new subscribers!

Hope you always enjoy my story and keep sticking with this okayy ?

Ignore my typo and keep left comments, because your comments inspired me :) 

once again, Thank You So Much For Reading :^)