Not the Same

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 Not the Same

Ji Yong POV

It has been two weeks since I spoke to Soo In about the date that I had with a classmate. I wanted Soo In to meet my date, but somehow, she grew sick and couldn’t meet her. Youngbae told me that she wasn’t feeling well and that she would be missing our performance. Soo In was fine before I left her place and finding out that wasn’t going to make it to my performance, hurt. I tried contacting her, but she never answered let alone replied to any of my messages. I had the passcode to her apartment that I could enter, and I was tempted to walk in and ask her about it. However, I stopped myself, even if my patience was wearing thin.

“Alright, class today we are going to take a field trip to the company that I work at. You can see how things work and how to create amazing tracks. So, grab your things and move out.” Tablo, my professor, said upon entering the classroom. Grabbing everything I brought to class I followed my classmates to three black vans. The doors of the black vans opened, and we all got into a van. When everyone was settled, the front van drove out and the other two followed.

No one spoke as we were all in awe with the fact, we were in a black van that idols road in from day to day. Yes, some idols had their own cars, but they would at times use the vans to get around that way the idols had more privacy for crazed fans. The ride wasn’t if the distance for the school to YG was only a few blocks away.

Pulling up to YG, one by one, we all got out following Tablo who was giving us a grand tour of YG Entertainment. The place was busy for the nine o’clock rush along with the famous cafeteria full of YG employees socializing while eating breakfast. He took us to the workout rooms explaining that when he hits a roadblock he would come in and workout for an hour until his mind was working again. However, he even said that it was rare for him to even be in the workout room. Classmates and I chuckled at the thought of him being in the workout room.

After seeing the workout rooms, he also showed us the playrooms that allowed everyone to take a break when needed. Tablo even stated that just because there were playrooms, everyone at YG had a day’s work to get done before the end of the day. He then took us upstairs where the dance practice rooms were located. Past those, we saw a room with a group of girls dancing, then we went to his workroom.

“As you can see that working here at YG may seem fun at times. However, the CEO, my boss, will a put his foot down, and make sure we get things done. The group of girls that you saw in the dance room was 2NE1 a group that has been with us for six years. Right now, they are working hard for their upcoming comeback here in a few weeks.” He said upon walking into his workroom. “Today I want you guys to have a chance to learn how to use everything here in the workroom. Making backtracks, putting a melody together to put words with, and much more. So, one by one I want you all to come up and test it out.” With that, he stepped aside and my classmates one at a time learned how to use the program on the computer to make backtracks along with the melody that would go with the lyrics.

When the time came for my turn, I started working on the melody that has been working on for some time, but there were no lyrics to go with. While I was working, I heard a few of my classmates say how it was unfair that I knew what I was doing since I was an underground idol. I ignored them and continued to work until Tablo came up to me for someone else to have a turn.

When time was up, Tablo had everyone follow him back to the vans to mark the end of class for today. While we walked back to the vans, I grabbed my phone and sent a message to Soo In to tell her where I went to class today. Hopefully, she’ll reply to this message.

“So, you seem to know your way around a studio.” Tablo startled me as he spoke. 

“I bought some equipment a few years back and I also made a few tracks myself,” I told him, though it felt like I was boasting about my genius work.

“That is what I have heard from your classmates. Next class, I want you to bring me a demo of your favorite tracks that you have made. I would like to have a listen to what you made and give you my opinion.” He said to me before walking to the front van as everyone else was getting into the other two vans.

I told him that I would before getting back in the black van along with my classmates.

Walking across campus to where my car was located, I tried calling Soo In for the 100th time. There was still no answer. I was really getting pissed that I had no idea what the hell I did to piss her off. I didn’t want to fight with her and hurt her. The last time we fought was when she told me my last girlfriend was cheating on me. I didn’t believe until I saw it with my own eyes. That was two months after Soo In and me had that fight. I remember telling her that I was sorry, and I would never fight with her ever again.

Getting to my car I unlocked it and got in. Before I started my car, my phone buzzed, and I immediately thought it was Soo In, but I was wrong when I saw the name that crossed my screen was my date from two weeks ago.

“Hey, Bora,” I said upon answering my phone.

“Hey where you at?” She asked.

“I am leaving campus to head to work,” I told her, even if it was a lie. I didn’t have much thought on if I wanted to date her or not. Bora seemed like a nice girl that I could see myself with, however, there was something stopping me, and I didn’t know what that something was.

When I first met Bora, she was the one that asked me out. Being the ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter