Her Through My Eyes

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

Her Through My Eyes

Ji Yong’s POV

"Soo In, why did you ask us to help you move?" I asked her while struggling to bring in a couch. Two days ago, Soo In asked me and the guys if we could help her move into her apartment today. Of course, I told I would be there to help and that she didn't have to ask me.

"I'm sorry I didn't know who to ask. Plus, it’s not like I could ask my brother help. Listen once everything is in and put into place, I'll treat you guys to chicken and beer. Sound good?" She offered with a hint of being apologetic to me and the guys.

"Hey, don’t worry too much about it, plus, we're glad to help,” I told her when I placed my end of the couch before looking over to Daeseung, Seung-Hyun, Youngbae, and Seungri who returned a glared but changed it when they glanced over at Soo In

"Sure, as long as beer and chicken are the payment," Daeseung said, make me and including the others glares at him. Youngbae threw a glove at him annoyed.

I glanced at Soo In, seeing that even though I tried to show that we were happy to help she still looked apologetic.

"How about you go and set things up in your room ok? I'll be in there soon to help." I walked over to her and suggested that she do something to distract her. I place my hands on either side of her face too much sure she was ok.

"Ok." She mumbled before removing my hands and walking away. I watched her disappear into the back part of her place where her room was located. I glanced back to see the guys watch me as I watched walk back to her room.

"What?" I asked, and they turned back to work on what they were doing. I walked back over to the couch and pushed it up against the wall with Seung-Hyun hyungs help. I turned around too looked at the bookshelves that were built in. I remember Soo In shared with me back in high school on what type of place she wanted when she lived on her own. So far seeing is it is almost identical to the one she shared me about. She wanted bookshelves built in, big windows to look outside, medium living room, big enough kitchen for her, and her bedroom big enough for a bed and a desk.

With a sigh, I looked around to find all her boxes of books. There we about ten or more filled with books. She was a nerd and there was no way of stopping her from reading. Most of the boxes were in the living room, but I knew that we placed some in her room. I walked back to her room to grab the boxes along with a check on her. The closer I was to her door, I heard a male’s voice that belonged to the one and only Youngbae. I peered in there to see her laughing at a joke that he told her. I smiled somewhat and walked away forgetting about the boxes in her room. The other three were busy with what they were doing, and I was happy they didn't notice that I stepped away.

I went to work on putting her books on the shelves. I put them the way she would like them and when I was finished, I sat down on the couch where Seung-Hyun hyung was sound asleep. He was older then all of us and he took care of us when he could. I felt bad that he was always doing things for others and nothing for himself. He was always like that even when we were kids. Then I moved away and lost contact with him until I started the underground.

"Hyung you can go if you need to. We have most of the stuff done. Seungri, Daeseung, and I will finish." I told him as he slowly woke up. He nodded without saying anything in reply as he left.

The two that were in the kitchen glared at me. I smiled and stood up to help them in the kitchen.

"Why did you let him go and let us be slaves," Daeseung said as he slumped over the counter.

"You guys know how hard he works. He should go home and rest. We have everything here almost done. Let finish the kitchen and Seungri can you go ask Soo In if there is anything else to be done after the kitchen? If not, then when we're done here, we can go." Seungri nodded and went down the hall to Soo In’s bedroom.

I would have gone myself but picturing her with Youngbae sent a sharp pain in my chest. I don't know what it was or what it meant, but all I knew is that I'm not wanting to learn what this pain meant. I went back to work, ignoring the pain, by washing the dishes and then putting them away. Daeseung found a box of towels and put those away. We both work quietly and had almost everything down. While I was putting the last of the dishes away, I felt someone poke me on my sides. I jumped and struggled to hold onto the plates that were in my hands. Thankfully I had a strong grip, and nothing fell.

"Who said you could leave?" I knew who it was without looking and continue to work.

"I did," I told her as I was finishing what I was doing. I turned to see Soo In behind me and close, as in personal bubble space. I should be used to this because this isn't the first time, we were this close. Though my heart and the heat I felt on my face was saying something else.

"The boys are leaving, and I was hoping you wanted to hang here for a bit." She cleared stepping away. I took a deep breath hoping my heart and the heart would go away.

"Hmm sure." I turned back to put the last of the dishes away. Once I was done with that task, I turned to see Soo In taking the books that I used my time to put on the shelves, she was taking them off the shelves. "Now why are taking down something that I worked so hard to put up?" I complained walking over to her.

"You did great, but I want them to be organized in order of genre. You know the mystery, romance, young adult, nonfiction, etc." she waved her hands as she explained while taking the books by five in each hand and place them on the floor. "Can you go to my room and grab the boxes they have books in them?" She asked.

"Sure." As I walked back to her room, to grab the last of the boxes full of books. When I returned, she had all the books on the floor. Then she grabbed a few and placed them in piles. I place the boxes down to help her by putting the books in alphabetical order within the piles she had made on the floor.

"Hand me the nonfiction pile first and then we'll go from there." She ordered me and as a great friend did what she told me.

<^><^><^><^><^>

Three hours later we finished putting the books the way she wanted them, and we sat down on the couch exhausted. I was sitting, and she was laying down with her feet on my lap.

"You know I didn't notice that the guys left when we started." She stated while standing up and walking over to the kitchen to grab two glasses of water and then walked back handing me a water before sitting back done next to me.

"I saw them walk as fast as they could, so they didn't have to do anything else. Plus, you were in your own little world with your books." I shared with her be after taking a drink from my water.

"True, but they could have said something. I guess I'll see them the day after tomorrow when classes start." She sighed placing her head on my shoulder.

"Classes start tomorrow," I said leaning back against the couch ignoring my heart and the heat the creep back onto my face once again.

" and I still have to buy books. I guess I'll have to do that before classes tomorrow." She groaned while yawning. I looked at the time it was past ten going on eleven.

"We can worry about that tomorrow. Let's go to bed you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter