Everything Falling into Place

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 Everything Falling into Place

Soo In’s POV

I woke with a headache and my eyes swollen. Last night some many things happen all at once. I was settling down for the night happy that I had a great day. Spending time with Ji Yong and then with my parents for my birthday. There wasn’t anything that I could have wished for. Though that come crashing when Bora arrived at my door. I was surprised that she was there and shocked to see her makeup smeared, like she had been crying. When I asked her if she was ok, she went off.

“You’re such a . You need to learn to share him. If you don’t, he’ll never be happy with someone other than you.” Bora screamed.

“I’m sorry Bora I don’t understand.” I said.

“He’ll never love you or see you as a woman. He is going to leave you like all the others have.” Bora threw her arms up and saw all the decorations that Ji Yong set up to surprise me. “Oh, I see he spent the day with you and only a few hours for me.” With that Bora went over and tore everything down, throwing the orange lilies across the room, and then looked at me. The look was cold and full of hate.

She didn’t do anything else to my surprise. The way she was looking at me made me think she was going to kill me. Bora left and I fell on the ground shaking. Tears streamed down my face and the one person that I called was Youngbae but then realized that it was Valentine’s Day. He was busy with Hyo Rin. I sent him a message apologizing. I looked over the mess she made and thought about what she said.

“He’ll never see you as a woman. He is going to leave you like the others.”

I think that was want shook me the most. I knew what she was true. Knew it when I started to have feelings for him as a man. So, I got up and went to my couch. I cried and cried and cried. I was so into my self-pity that I wasn’t expecting Ji Yong to show up.

I started to clean the mess, shaking away at the memory that happened. Halfway done, I stopped cleaning and laughed at myself. Laughed at myself for being a fool. I should have told him, should have dealt with the heart break. Instead of stressing over it I got ready for class. I was done and I didn’t care anymore. Once I was dressed, I left leaving the rest of the mess that was still on the floor

I took my time walking to my car and sat in there. I needed to go somewhere and just breathe. Was I running away? Yes, I was running away no wanting to talk with JI Yong about anything that happened. That’s what we did, Ji Yong and I, we say things and never finished discussing them. All the unanswered questions between us may never be answered. So instead of going to class that day, I got out of my car and made my way up to my apartment. I had my phone up to my ear calling my brother.

“Soo In, happy belated birthday!” he shouted in my ear.

“Oppa you don’t need to shout and thank you.” I tried to make my voice as cheery as can be, without him worrying.

“Oh, sorry. So, my dear sister, what do I owe to pleasure of a phone call from you?”

“I was wondering if I could come visit you for a week or two? With the short time before graduation if getting to me. I just thought maybe visiting you would help lift my spirits.” I was hopping he would hear the lie that I told him.

“Well what ever it is I’m sure you need time away.” Damnit, he knew I was lying. “Soo In you can tell me anything you know, that right?”

“I’m not in the mood to shared what happened right now.”

“Does this deal with Ji Yong?”

“Yes.”

In-Su didn’t say anything after that about Ji Yong. All he told me that he booked me a flight to Jeju-do. I thanked him and hung up to pack a small bag with clothes for a week. After a mental check list, I zipped up my bag and walked out the door behind me. I chose to not take my car, but to take a taxi to the airport. When I got there, the place was busy with so many people from all over. My flight was in two hours and I was in the security line.

I hated airports and hated the feeling of being rushed. When my turn came, I placed my bag on the con to go through the x-ray machine. When my bag came through, I grabbed it while putting my shoes on. I looked at the time on my phone and say that I have an hour and forty-five minutes left so I took my time to find my gate. When I found my gate, I sat down and listened to my music. I played on my phone well more like I read while I waited, and the time went faster. I wasn’t even on the next chapter of my book I was reading when they started to announce seating order.

When the called for my row of seating I stood up and handed them my ticket to scan. Once that was done, I walked down the tunnel onto the plane to find my seat. I had to walk halfway to the way back to find my seat and when I did, I sat down and sent In-Su a message. I told I was on my way and I would see him in an hour. Once the message was sent, I turned my phone on airplane mod and played my music. I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window.

I was going to use this time to put things that were a mess in my life put together. Use the time to thing about HarperCollins, about what to do with Ji Yong, and with my life once I figured out. When the plane went up in the air it felt like we flew a short distance away before we started to land. When the captain told said thank you to those flew with him along with hoping we would fly with the airline he works for again. When he told, it was safe to board off the plane, I grabbed my stuff and was leaving before it got crowed. Once I cleared the tunnel I head to where me brother told me that I would meet him. However, I meet with who I was assuming was Bae-Chin who was holding a sign with my name on it.

I put on a smile and walked over to her and the little child next her.

“Soo In!” she called out as I walked over to her. She wrapped me up in a hug when I approached her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter