Curiosity

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 Curiosity

Ji Yong’s POV

With a day before Christmas eve, I decided to visit Soo In. I haven’t been able to see her since finals and I have been busy meeting up with Tablo and Bora. Even though during those times went blur in my mind. Things in my life were going great, the path that I want for my life seem to fall in place. I had a job that I would be starting after the holidays. The contest that Tablo started at the beginning of the semester I ended up coming in second. I wasn’t upset that I didn’t win. Deep down I knew that I won by working hard on improving my skills. Even if I did have help. However, two days ago, Tablo called me to say that I had a meeting with the head of YG. Saying that I would being signing a contract and start work. I was ecstatic that I wanted to share the news with Soo In, but Bora was the first to know when she called me before I was able to call Soo In. Bora overjoyed and thought we should celebrate. She surprised me at my place making dinner last. While we ate, Bora told me about the family trip to Hawaii and how excided she was to be in the nice warm weather, and what she was planning to do with her time there. We continued to talk after we finished eating and washing dishes. When it was getting late, Bora shared with me that was making my reasoning to visit Soo In tonight.

“Oppa I know how close you are with her, but she was really rude to me. I was stating things about the place and she made a comment about the place was a dump. And then when I asked her if it was ok to date you, she flat out said no. It could be that she was embarrassed about the fall or that she had something extra in her coffee that was making it to where she was speaking her mind. I hope that the next time we meet she’ll be more open with me.”

She told me that she was nervous to bring it up since she didn’t know how I would react. I just reassured her that I would talk with Soo In and that she had nothing to worry about. When she left, I went to bed with the intention to sleep, but instead I stay up all night thinking about what she shared with me. For one I know that Soo In wouldn’t say anything about the Underground. She loved that place just like I did. Other stuff there was a possibility she would. The drive to her place was a blur as my thoughts were all over the place.

The ride on the elevator didn’t waste time as it shot straight up to her floor. With the short walk to her door, I punched in the passcode and walked in. The site that I saw after taking off my shoes, made me clinch my stomach as I laughed hectically. Soo In as short as she is, was standing on her couch trying to hang a Christmas wreath above it.

“If you were just coming over here to laugh at me because I’m short and I can’t do anything at all. You can march right back out the door and leave.” She threatened while struggling to hang the wreath. Of course, she couldn’t do it, so she gave up like she usually does when she can’t do things on her own. She took the wreath and stepped off the couch, placing the wreath down on the couch. Shaking my head, I took off my coat and hung it on one of her bar stools before I went over to hang the wreath for her.

“There happy now?” I asked when I stepped of the couch and looked at her. She just gave me a smile and walked over to her bookcase to hang up some garland. I walked over to her tv and put music on. Though I stopped when I saw what she was watching.

“Don’t you ever get tired of the same plot of all of these Christmas movies?” I asked her in disgust. Soo In had a fascination of American Christmas movies. I remember watching a marathon of them a few years ago and they were all the same to me.

“Hey, don’t hate the Christmas movies. I don’t hate what you watch so don’t hate what I watch.” She turned and pointed a finger at me. I smiled and noticed that box by the coffee table and grabbed candles.

“Where would you like me to place this?” I asked her before placing them in a spot that she would just move them on her own.

“You can put them on the counter.” She pointed to the counter finishing they final touches to the garland. I watched her step back approving of her work. I shook my head and walked over to the counter.

“So how come Youngbae isn’t here to help you? Is he busy with practice?” I asked when I placed the candles on the counter and walked back to the box.

“Um about that, Youngbae and I ended things. Neutral feelings to where we just knew that we were better of as just friends.” She said while walking past me to add more to the candles that I just placed. When she walked back, Soo In started opening a big long box that had a part of the tree sticking out. I walked over to help her and when we had all the pieces, we slowly started putting the tree together.

“I’m sorry that you and Youngbae didn’t work out. Was there another reason?”

“No, no other reason.” I glanced at her waiting for the tears to fall, but no tears did. The only thing that showed a big smile. I guess I had nothing to worry. “What about you?” She asked handing me some ornaments to put on the tree.

“What about me?” I asked in confusion grabbing more ornaments.

“How are you and Bora doing?” She clarified the question.

“Oh, we um…she and I had dinner last night. She surprised me at my place. So, I guess things are good for us for the moment. She is on her way to Hawaii with her family for the holidays. So, I won’t see her for until the 6th.” I shared with her, hanging up another ornament.

We continued to hang up the ornaments on the tree along with the lights and the tree topper. We worked in silence with and few comments here and there. When we were done, Soo In went to the kitchen and started making dinner. I sat at the bar stool and watched her cook.

“So, when are you and your parents going to celebrate Christmas?” I heard form my mother that Soo In’s brother was making a visit. A surprise one at that. The last we saw of him was high school graduation. He shared that he got a job down working as a farmer In Jeju. He was so euthanasic about it.

“Were going to celebrate Christmas the day after. My brother is coming home and the 26th is the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter