Feelings that cannot be Explained.

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Feelings Can’t Be Explained.

 

Soo In's POV

 

“I can’t believe you chose him over me,” Youngbae whined over the phone. He was upset that I asked my one and only best friend to be my date for this club get together. Every year was different for the writer’s club when we got together. We would either go to a reader theater, a reading for a meet and greet with an amateur author, or we would go to a coffee shop. This year the president decided to go to a pub and have everyone bring a date. We never had to bring a date until this year. Ji Yong would join for the hell of it and most of the members considered him part of the club.

 

“I'm so sorry oppa, Ji Yong was this first person I thought of. If I remember next time, I'll call you first.” I told him. Youngbae was the second person that I relied on the most when I can't get in touch with Ji Yong. Which is rare to happen as Ji Yong is always with me almost 24/7 at times.

 

“You better or you're helping with choreographing dances for a whole month.” He told me. As you know Youngbae is known for being Youngbae with the popular boy group within the underground, Big Bang. My best friend is in the same group. Ji Yong who is known as G-Dragon writes all the songs and at times goes on his own within the underground. The others within the group are Seung-Hyun, Daeseung, and Seungri. I’m not as close with the others since most of them are doing their own things by going to school or working. The only time that I would see them would be when the guys would practice.

 

Standing outside of the pub, I was getting a little-irritated waiting for Ji Yong. Today was nice and warm beginning fall weather, though tonight you would think winter was on its way.

 

“Oppa, if Ji Yong doesn't show-” I began to say to Youngbae over the phone when my phone disappears from my left hand.

 

“If I don't show then what will happen?” said a voice that I knew too well. I turned around with my hand out. Ji Yong gave me the look as that said I was not getting my phone back.

 

“Ji Yong can I please have my phone back so can hang up with the person that I am talking to.” I pleaded with him. 

 

“What are you going to do if I don't give it back?” He questioned in a flirty way. I wasn't surprised that he would act flirty with me. When Ji Yong was in a good mood or if he was already drinking, Ji Yong would tend to get flirty. With him acting this way never really bothered me until a few years ago with him saying a few things on the lines of being drunk and telling me that I was pretty and that it hurt him. He also said that he wanted me so bad that he didn’t want to risk a chance of hurting me. I believed to an extent of 85%, but the 15% I didn’t want to believe.

 

“Oppa please I need to tell Youngbae that I have to go,” I said in a fangirl voice that was high and cute. Ji Yong hated that I would use that voice to get what I wanted. He despised, even more, when fangirls did it. Ji Yong scrunched up his nose and handed me my phone. Before I placed to my ear to tell Youngbae bye, he already hung up. I sighed in annoyance and turned my phone off before placing it in my back pocket.

 

“So, what would you do if I didn’t show up or give your phone back?” Ji Yong asked as we walked in. Still annoyed with him, I paid no attention while I looked for the writer’s club members. There was more within our group of writers, but tonight it was just us seniors. When I spotted them, I could hear them placing bets. The closer I was I could hear what they were saying.

 

“20, Soo In has no date,” Ryan shouted.

 

“25 that she will and Jun you have to pay for the drinks,” Saya said placing her money on the table.

 

The closer we got, Ji Yong wasted no time to announce that we were here. To no one’s surprise and to Jun and Ryan groaned in loss of the money they placed in the bet.

 

“Looks like Jun will be paying for tonight,” I said finding a place to sit and a spot for Ji Yong to sit next to me.

 

“Soo In can you please just once leave Ji Yong at home and just come by yourself? He comes all the time.” Jun complained. He was always a complainer when he didn’t feel like doing something, he was not willing to do. Only when he was in the mood to do things for himself.

 

“I’ll buy the first round if it makes you happy and that’s it, Jun. For the rest of the night, you buy the rest. Also, next time I’ll just bring someone else, so you don’t have to complain anymore.” I said as I sat down and waved to the waitress who was walking by. As promised, I bought the first round for everyone. When the waitress came back with our order, we all sat and discussed what the plan was when it is was time to start our internship.

 

Saya and I were planning to do our internship at Korea Observer. We would work as journalists and work our way up. Ryan and Jun have no idea on where they are going to. They had the rest of the semester to find where they were going before spring semester started.

 

“I might go back to the states to do my internship. Seoul has nowhere that I can find so far.” Ryan said. He was from the states and was accepted to the university. The first time I met him he was awkward and was lost. When he spotted me the first day, he became my shadow since that day and until he was brave enough to explore on his own.

 

“You can find something in Busan, Daegu, Jeju-do, etc. Seoul isn’t the only place to find an internship.” I suggested. taking a sip of my beer.

 

“True, but you know how Ryan is. He just wants to go home to mommy.” Jun said.

 

“Stop being an you haven’t even started looking.” Ryan shot back at Jun. This was going to be a long night of these two going at each other for no reason.

 

To my surprise, they didn’t say anything after that and when an hour passed, we were doing soju and beer bombs. I hated these the most because I know that tomorrow when I wake up, I will not be a happy camper. I have done two of them and everyone has done more than I have. Ji Yong said that he was DD for me and didn’t want to drink when Ryan offered. Usually, he would be the light of the party, unless he was working on a new song. He never told me that he was my DD, so I guess he was working on a new song and won’t say anything about it. When another hour passed, I was done. My head was cloudy, and the roof of my mouth was numb, and I knew that if I had another I would be gone.

 

Standing up to use the bathroom I was having a hard time trying to walk there. Ji Yong grabbed my hand and walked me to the bathroom. I did my business and before I walked out, I looked in the mirror hoping I looked ok before walking out.

 

“I think it’s time for you to go. You don’t have class, but we have practice.” Ji Yong told me when I walked out.

 

“I don’t want to go I think I will stay home and read. Maybe I’ll sleep all day and not care.” I said with my word slurred. I placed my hand on the wall to keep my balance. Yeah, that didn’t work when someone bumped into me causing me to fall. Luckily Ji Yong caught me and placed my back against the wall.

 

“What am I going to do with you?” He asked looking down at me. I watched him through half closed eyes, seeing him looking at my eyes, and then my lips. I didn’t have a chance to process what would happen.

 

“I don’t know, but you’ll need to figure it out soon before we graduate,” I told him with my word slurring again. Even though I was drunk his eyes told me something that I couldn’t determine what it was that showed so much pain.

 

Pushing away I walked back trying my best to look like I was ok walking by myself. Though I failed when JI Yong caught up behind me wrapped his right or left arm around me. I couldn’t tell which one because apparently, I was that drunk.

 

“Hey, guys I’m taking Soo In the home. See you all on Monday.” I heard Ji Yong say while he walked me out of the pub. We walked to where his car was parked, and he helped me get in. The last thing I remember was him getting in the driver’s side and drove off.

 

I vaguely remember entering I believe my apartment and Ji Yong taking me to my room.

 

“You good to change or do you want me to change you?” he asked as I was going in and out of conscious. I laid back in the bed and closed my eyes as sleep was slowly making its way to take over.

 

As soon as I was asleep, I was wide awake when I noticed someone was in bed with me. I slowly turned to my right side to see Ji Yong fast asleep. I noticed the dark circles in his eyes. That made me worry that he wasn’t sleeping. I brushed some hair out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter