Mistakes and Heartache

I Really Like You, but I Can't Love You [editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 Mistakes and Heartache

Ji Yong POV

New Year’s day and I was already making stupid decisions. Last night I almost crossed a line that there would be no turning back. Soo In though snapped me out of it when she reminded me about Bora. I woke up before Soo In did and left her a note telling that I would call her later. Before I left, I placed my Christmas gift that I got her by the note. Back in my place I was lazily laying on my bed scolding myself for my actions when my stomach grumbled, interrupting my thoughts, saying I needed to feed it. So, I rolled out my bed to find something to eat. On my hunt to find something, my phone went off. I walked back to the bedroom to grabbed it off my desk. The caller was unknown. I hesitated before answering.

“Hello?” I asked upon answering.

“Hey its Tablo. I was wondering if you wanted to come over to YG. I know that it is New Year’s, but as an artist and a producer we can’t afford to take a break.”

“Yeah I can come and meet with you. I just need to do a few things before I head over.” I said to him over the phone. I walked over to my closet to change out of what I wore last night.

“Alright, that sounds good. Try and be here before 11.” With that Tablo hung up.

I looked at the time on my phone and noticed it was already 10:15. I got dressed and grabbed an energy bar before heading out for the day. I made my way to YG, realizing that today was probably that day I was going to sign with them. It was a gut feeling. I was overjoyed at the thought and was nervous. When I arrived, a security guard stopped and asked me if I had an appointment. I said that I did with Tablo. He let me through and had a secretary walk with me up to Tablo’s studio. Upon arrival, the secretary left, when I knocked on the door. I wanted for a minute before knocking again. Tablo answered the door with a smile.

“Glade you made it. I need to finish a few things and then we are going to me with to with Papa YG.” Tablo said turning around to finish what he was working on and then turned to face me while walking out.

“May I ask on why we are meeting Papa YG?” I asked curiously.

“He wants to meet with you and discuss somethings with you. I would tell you, but I would be ruining the surprise.” He told me when we walked into an elevator.

“I’m sorry to say but I think I have an idea.” I told him when the doors closed, and the elevator went up.

“Well act surprised.” He said and shortly after the elevator stopped with the doors opening. Tablo walked ahead of me and stopped in front a desk with a young woman working there. “Is he busy or can we go in?” Tablo asked the woman. She nodded and Tablo looked over to wave at me to follow.

I walked behind him to see Yang Hyun-suk. Everyone at YG calls him Papa YG, to me he was a role model for me among others. Yang Hyun-suk’s back was facing us and when the door closed behind me, he turned to face us.

“You must be Kwon Ji Yong.” Hyun-suk stated walking over to me with his hand extended to me. I took his hand and bowed.

“Yes, sir that’s me.” I said when I stood up. He had a smile on and motion me to sit down on one of the couches that he had in his office.

“So Tablo here told me a lot about you. Mainly about your talent with composing and producing. I heard some of your work from Tablo and you are very talented. I wanted to meet you and discuss of you working here at YG.” He told me once everyone was seated. I looked at him in surprised, I did have a feeling that this what Tablo hinted at.

“Sir I’m not sure on what to say.” I said to him still in complete surprised.

“Well we can go over the contract and see if there are any changes that need to be made. You can also call me Papa YG instead of sir.” While he said this as he stood up and walked over to his desk. He came back with a folder in his hand.

He placed the folder in front of me and we began to discuss my contract with YG. The whole time we kept or removed a few things of the contract an hour had passed. Hyun-suk had his sectary type up a new copy and bring it back. While we waited, Hyun-suk took me on a tour of the place. I knew where I was going since I was here with my class when Tablo brought us here.

He took me to get an ID badge so I wouldn’t have someone bring me everywhere I needed to go. I even got a parking sticker so I wouldn’t receive a ticket. The whole day went fast, and I was thinking I was dreaming. Hyun-suk told me that I can start work in a week. He even told me that he would work around my class schedule that way I wouldn’t have any conflicts. He told that I would be work with Tablo and if I show him my hard work, I would have my own studio.

I didn’t mind that I had to share. I was just delighted to start my dream job that I have been wanting for the past few years now. I told everyone goodbye when I left and that I would see them that following Monday. While I waited for the elevator someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see it was and saw no one until I turned back to see Youngbae.

“Welcome to YG.” He said and gave me a brotherly hug.

“Thanks, hyung.” I said when I hugged him back.

“We should celebrate with everyone.” He said released me from the hug.

“Um I think we did enough of that last night.” I told him right when the elevator arrived and opened.

“Yeah that’s true. Did you stay over at Soo In’s?” he asked me as we stepped into the elevator.

“Yeah I did but left early this morning right when I got a call from Tablo. I’m thinking about heading back of there to apologize to her.” I told him leaning back against that wall.

“Why you need to go over and apologize to her? Did you guys do something?”

“Well I did and thanks to Soo In nothing happened.”

“When are, you going to tell her that you like her?” He blurted out.

“Why are you and others keep telling me that?” I requested in annoyance.

may think that we don’t see it, but we do.” Was all that Youngbae said before walking off the elevator. I was taking on what he said to me into deep thought. I was just starting to learn how deep my feelings went for her.

When I walked to my car planning to drive over to her place when Bora called. Apparently, the gods above didn’t want me to see or speak with Soo In. Bora wanted me to drive to Gimpo Airport to pick her up. She decided to come back a few days earlier then what she was planning. She told me that she missed me and wanted to come back as soon as she could. So, I drove the 24 minutes to pick her up. I was happy to see her, but not as happy as I thought.

The rest of the day I spent with at my place. She animatedly went on about what she did in Hawaii and that we should make plans to go. I sat there and listened with my mind going off to my thoughts of Soo In. I only paid attention when I felt like it was important. When she left, I sat at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter