Chapter 8

Life without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’ Yixing?’’ I mumbled sleepily as I woke up scanning the room for him.

It was our first morning together living in this apartment, our first morning together ever actually. I was hoping I would be able to wake up to his beautiful face, that he would be the first thing I see. I was starting to feel really sad when I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I walked out to see Lay cooking pancakes, eggs and bacon, well trying to at least. He’s too cute I thought accidently letting out a small giggle. He turned around to see me.

 

‘’ No no no! You weren’t supposed to see this! I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed.’’ He pouted cutely with a disappointed look on his face.

I let out another laugh ‘’ You’re too adorable! O.K, what if I’m just sleepwalking?’’

 

‘’What?’’ He just gave me a confused look, not catching on.

‘’ Yeah. I’m not awake right now! I haven’t seen anything at all. I think I’ll just go back to bed and wait for someone to wake me up, hopefully with a nice surprise.’’ I said winking as I turned to go back in the room, but not before I heard him chuckle ‘’ This is why I love you.’’ I swear I could feel my heart swell up, melt, and do cartwheels all at the same time

 

I layed down on the bed pretending to be asleep. I tried my best not to giggle or move as I heard him noisily approaching with the tray full of plates. ‘’Wake up beautiful’’ He whispered and I felt a pair of lips touch mine. I couldn’t control it anymore, I broke out into a wide smile as I opened my eyes to see him. I sat up straight, stretching and feigning sleepiness.

 

He chuckled ‘’ Surprise! I made you breakfast in bed.’’

I made an overdramatic gasp in ‘surprise’ saying ‘’ I had no idea! Oh my gosh!’’

 

‘’ Alright you big faker, you don’t have to pretend anymore.’’ He sighed ‘’ I ruined it. I had gotten up way earlier but I kept messing up and I wanted everything to be perfect so I kept redoing everything.’’

 

I hugged him ‘’ I really was surprised, and deeply touched. Besides, it’s the thought that counts.’’

‘’ Really?’’

I nodded ‘’ I think I like it more this way. it’s even more memorable getting to actually see the work and effort you put into this. And how cute you looked trying to be quiet but in reality making so much noise!’’

 

He smiled revealing that cute dimple I love so much ‘’ Well I can’t argue with that, I mean I am extremely cute!’’ He said batting his eyelashes

 

I smacked him playfully ‘’ You’re so conceited!’’

 

He laughed and caught me in his arms ‘’ So do you really like my surprise?’’

‘’ Like it? I love it!’’

‘’ And I love you.’’ He said with an adoring look in his eyes

‘’ I love you too.’’ I could feel my face getting hotter so I pushed him away, fanning myself ‘’ L-let’s eat before the food gets cold.’’

He laughed at my actions, finding them cute. ‘’ Ok then.’’ He put the tray between the two of us and we started eating.

---------

I opened my eyes, remembering sadly that I’m not with Yixing anymore. I must have been dreaming. I my side and hugged my pillow tightly, feeling lonely again. It was so vivid though, the kitchen noises, the smell of bacon. Wait. I could still hear the noises and smell food.

 

I got up and headed to the kitchen. It was Kai that was making the noise. I watched him for a while,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter