Chapter 3

Life without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent almost a week in that state. I called in sick at the restaurant I worked at, and proceeded to mope around. All I would do is cry and sleep. I had to force myself to eat at least twice a day. My phone wouldn’t stop ringing from calls and texts, so in the end I turned it off. Eventually I ran out of tears and was left just feeling empty, dead. I was lying down on the couch staring at the black TV screen when I heard someone knocking on the door. I didn’t even bother moving a muscle. I hoped they would think that no one was home and just leave.

However the knocking continued, and this time a voice accompanied it. ‘’ Mia! Open up I know you’re in there!’’

It was my best friend, MinYoung.

‘’ I want to know what’s going on! Lay’s been crashing at mine and Kris’ apartment.’’

I felt your chest tighten at the mention of him. Kris and MinYoung lived in an apartment together. Kris and Lay were so close, I figured he would go to him, if not with that .

 

‘’He’s just been there, crying. He won’t tell us what’s wrong, and I haven’t heard from you at all. Please open up! I’m worried!’’

I still didn’t respond

‘’I brought lots of junk food, chocolate, and a big bucket of ice cream, cookies-n-cream.’’

 

I hadn’t eaten yet today. My stomach rumbled, and I slowly got up to open the door for her. She gasped when she saw the state I was in.

‘’Oh my….Tom Cruise!’’

I hadn’t been exactly taking care of my image these past few days. My clothes had stains on them, my hair was a tangly mess, and my face looked like a punching bag. Without saying anything to her I took the ice cream out of her arms and went to the kitchen to devour it. She followed me in, taking in the mess that was your apartment.

 

‘’ It’s worse than I thought. Honey, tell me what’s been going on. Lay won’t explain. All he does is lie face down on the couch saying ‘’It’s my fault, it’s all my fault.’’ He won’t get up, change clothes, eat, or do anything else for that matter! I honestly don’t know which of you two is in worse condition.’’

‘’...............He cheated on me’’ I mumbled

‘’ What? Honey, speak up!’’

‘’ HE CHEATED ON ME!’’

‘’ WHAT?!?!?!’’ She said in complete shock

‘’ But it’s Lay! I mean he wouldn’t be capable of doing something like that!’’

I scoffed bitterly ‘’ Yeah, well that’s what I thought too, but here we are now.’’

‘’ Oh Honey! I’m sorry! Come here!’’ She hugged me ‘’ That bastard! How could he do this to you?! Tell me everything!’’

 

So I told her everything. By the time I finished, she was crying with rage.

‘’You mean to tell me that every time he kissed you, he was picturing her?! And is he serious about ‘blacking out’ and ‘not remembering’ until he showered?!?!’’

‘’ Yes. and I don’t know! I don’t know if he was telling the truth about that or if he’s trying to play me for an idiot! But I feel so stupid! How could I not notice!! It was so obvious! I was blinded by my trust in him! I’m so stupid!’’

‘’ No don’t blame yourself! This is his fault! How could he do this to you after all you’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter