Chapter 5

Life without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We arrived in Seoul after what seemed like an eternity even though in reality it was pretty quick. I was still sad about everything that had happened, exhausted because it was only 2 weeks ago, and nervous about living in South Korea. After we got off the plane, I quickly grabbed onto Minyoung’s arm while scanning everything around me, trying to take in the new surroundings. She yawned ‘’ Ok, let’s go to your new apartment so I could sleep!’’

 

We caught a cab and headed over to who knows where. I made a mental note to study the surrounding places and street names to my new apartment. We finally arrived and paid the cab driver, saying an awkward thank you in Korean. We got off with my luggage and headed to the landlord’s office to collect the keys. We then took the elevator upstairs to apartment number 416. When we arrived there was a note taped to the door with mine and Minyoung’s names on it.

 

Won’t be here for 3 days. Make yourselves at home, after all it is your home now.

Kai

 

Shame. I wanted to compare their faces and personalities side by side.

‘’ What a heartfelt message for his sister whom he hasn’t seen in a long time!’’ Minyoung said sarcastically ‘’ Hey! 3 days! I leave tomorrow evening! Aish typical Jongin!’’

‘’ I thought his name was Kai?’’ I asked confused looking up from the note

‘’ His real name is Jongin but everyone calls him Kai.’’

‘’ Why? It’s not even short for Jongin.’’

‘’ I don’t know actually. Ever since I could remember people have called him that.’’ She thought about it for a while but then shrugged it off

‘’ Well open the door to your new apartment!’’

I nodded nervously and inserted the key. I was itching to see what it looked like. Was it like a bachelor pad? Was it a nerdy apartment full of game posters and collectible dolls? It doesn’t matter as long as it doesn’t remind me of the old apartment.

 

What I saw when I opened the door was nothing like I had pictured it to be. It was definitely evident that a boy lived there. His shoes were thrown messily near the door. His clothes were everywhere. There were snack wrappings strewn about everywhere. As we walked around with our mouths agape, I noticed that most of the food he had was either microwaveable or packaged and ready to eat snacks. The furniture seemed nice though, or at least what we could see of it. The bathroom was overdue for a cleaning. There was a clear path from his bedroom door to his bed, but the rest was a mess. I entered my room and thankfully found it to be clean. The bed seemed comfortable and matched the other furniture. Thankfully Kai’s roommate moved to England and wasn’t able to take any furniture with him, so he just left it there.

 

When we were done scoping the apartment, I looked at Minyoung who gave me an apologetic look.

‘’ Sorry I wasn’t expecting this to happen. He’s always been messy but never to this extent. And he was supposed to be here to welcome you too! I’m gonna call him and give him an earful!’’ She said as she pulled out her phone ready to call him

 

‘’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter