Seven

Scripted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven; 

 

I started working full time as soon I could, wanting to earn as much money as I could this summer. Once I had gotten to know Chanyeol and gotten used to his loudness, he wasn't really all that bad. I guess knowing Baekhyun made it easier to adjust to Chanyeol. They had a similar sense of humor, although Chanyeol was a lot more energetic and bouncy. Chanyeol and I were both doing full shifts for most days, and got to spend a lot of time together. Jongin would pop in a few times a week during the busy hours to help but, but overall, that was that.

That all changed, of course, when Kim Jongdae strolled into the noodle restaurant one day right before closing. The kitchens had already been cleaned for the day, and I immediately started to apologized to the customer when I heard the door open, about to tell them to come back another time.

"I'm giving you a ride home."

I recognized that voice immediately. I had told Jongdae about where I was working, but I didn't expect to see him here in person. He had on his face mask again, and a hoodie pulled over his head.

"Chen!" The next thing I knew, Chanyeol was shooting out of the back where he had been mopping the floors, heading straight for Jongdae like a bullet. I saw Jongdae's eyes widen on shock, and maybe terror, as he watched the six foot something man barrel towards him.

"Chanyeol, lower your voice," I said, stepping in front of Jongdae. I felt like I was scolding my dog for barking or something.

Chanyeol gave me an apologetic pout before trying to navigate around me. "Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol. I work here with Inna, and I'm a really big fan. Will you sign my CD? Wait, I don't have it with me today." He seemed to deflate right on the spot.

"I'll bring a signed copy for Inna to give you, okay?" Jongdae said good naturedly, overcoming his initial shock. "I'm actually releasing a new EP in a few weeks, so I'll sign that for you. Thanks for taking care of Inna at work."

It was a cheesy thing to say and I nudged him a little, whining.

"No problem," Chanyeol said at once, puffing out his chest. "Actually, I can finish up here tonight, Inna. You can go early."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Chanyeol nodded, already pushing me toward the door. "Yeah, it's almost done anyway. Go, go. I'll see you tomorrow."

It was already dark outside, streets lit by the moon shining in a clear sky and street lights. Jongdae was parked on the curb in a no-parking zone, and I was surprised to see he hadn't gotten a ticket.

Jongdae watched silently as I buckled my seatbelt before pulling away onto the street.

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked, fidgeting in my seat. Jongdae was usually pretty talkative. This time, he was tapping his fingers on the steering to a rhythm inside his head instead of talking to me.

"Thinking," he replied softly. When he pulled to a spot at a red light, he turned to me, face half in shadows. "I'm shooting my music video for my new song next week. Will you be my female lead?"

For a moment, I just gaped at him. Had I heard him right? Kim Jongdae, Chen, the famous Chen, wanted me to be in his music video?

"I can't act," I replied at once, frowning. "You should pick an actress or someone with experience."

Jongdae's grip on the steering wheel tightened. "I don't want another actress," he grumbled, sounding like a pouting elementary school kid who was just told that he couldn't eat candy. "Besides, it's a really easy role, I swear. Acting is really easy when you don't have any lines, and there's a soundtrack with it."

As someone who had lived the last four years of my life as invisible girl at school, I still wasn't sure.

"I just don't think I'm right for it."

"I want you to be in it, okay? The song means a lot to me and I really want you to play the female lead." Jongdae didn't seem as if he was going to take no for an answer. "You'll have to take three days off work to film with me in Busan, but the pay is really good, way more than what you'll earn at Kamong for three days."

At the sound of compensation, I bit my lip. That certainly sounded like a good gig. Besides, I needed all the money I could get. "Just let me know a week ahead of time so I can tell my boss," I consented finally. "Also, if I really , just remember that you made me do it."

"I'll take all responsibility, don't worry!" Jongdae cheered, eyes crinkling in the corners. He looked so happy about my decision that I couldn't help smiling back.

When Jongdae pulled up in front of my house, I saw that the light was on in the living room. "Minseok oppa must have gotten off early," I muttered, wondering why he hadn't called. "Do you want to come in?"

"Sure," Jongdae agreed at once. He moved the car closer to the wall to free as much of the street as possible, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter