Fourteen

Scripted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen; 

 


And then, the vacation was over. To my surprise, Baekhyun had not murdered Jongin during our time away, and it had actually been a pretty peaceful trip after the initial issue. I returned refreshed and more clear-minded, ready to dive into work again. 

"You don't have to work so hard," Minseok had said, as soon as we got home. "It's break time right now; you should get some rest and have fun before you start college."

"It's okay. I like to keep busy." That was true to some degree, but I was also trying to earn as much money as possible so Minseok wouldn't have to pay all of my tuition. 

I hadn't told him about working at the bar with Yixing. However, now that he was done with residency and home more often, I realized that I may have to. Surely, he will ask me why I get home so late a few days a week. I had a feeling that Minseok may not approve. In that moment, I decided what I would tell him only when he confronted me, if he confronted me. 

On my first day back at work at Kamong, I caught Chanyeol on shift. 

"Inna, I missed you!" Chanyeol bounced around me like the way Jongin's dogs did to him when he got back from camping. It was kind of endearing. 

"Why weren't you that excited to see me?" Jongin whined from the back. He looked up hesitantly, but offered me a small smile. Wow, that was progress. 

Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him. "I like Inna more than you, obviously. Inna, is Chen going to visit soon now that you're back? I haven't seen him around in a while."

"Jongdae is filming something so he doesn't have time," I replied. I had sent Jongdae a message this morning, asking if he had time to stop by, and he had replied with three stickers of crying faces. 

At the end of the my shift, I found Jongin loitering by the entrance, pretending to be inspecting the windows for dust. It was a ridiculous thing to be doing since the sky was dark with ominous clouds and sharp winds forecasted rain within the hour. 

"I'm meeting up with Lu Han oppa later so I'm not heading home," I told him as I slipped on my light jacket. I actually had another shift with Yixing at the club, but I wasn't about to tell Jongin that,

Jongin stiffed and straightened up, sticking his hands deep into his pockets. "Why are you telling me this? It's not like I was waiting for you. I was just checking the windows."

With that, he turned and started down the street. I could only look after him with a shake of the head.  


For some reason, the club drew a more somber crowd today. Maybe it was the rain, but most people were just drinking instead of dancing, despite the catchy dance music that was playing. The owners didn't mind, of course -- more drinks meant more money, and Yixing and I were busy at the bar without stop. There also seemed to be a lot of wealthy people there today with table service, judging by the number of grey goose bottles with sparklers that had gone out on silver platters. I knew for a fact that the grey goose at this club, actually all clubs, was grossly overpriced. I wondered, for a moment, what it was like to have that money to throw around frivolously. 

As I was lost in thought, wiping down the counter in between drinks, when someone tapped on the counter lightly. I looked up to find a handsome guy in his early twenties gazing down at me, dressed in an expensive suit with his hair all pushed back. 

"What can I get for you?" I asked at once, teaching for a tumbler. 

The guy just gave me a sly smirk. "Your number?" 

I sighed inwardly. "I'm sorry, I meant a drink. What would you like to drink?"

His hand came up to brush his hair and I noticed an expensive European watch flash by. "What do you like to drink? Make that two, one for you, one for me."

I didn't get guys like this all that often, but when I did, it was a real pain in the . 

"I can't drink on the job," I replied politely. "However, I'd be happy to make you something."

"Sure," he agreed easily. "My friends and I are at table five."

Of course, he was one of the table service groups who had their own waiters to take their drink orders. He was literally here at the bar to annoy me. 

"Your waiter will bring it over in a few minutes," I said with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter