Six

Scripted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six; 

 

I went in for training at Kamong on Sunday morning. I was greeted with a tall, overexcited man already in uniform.

"Are you Inna? Hi! I'm Chanyeol! Joonmyun hyung said I'm training you today. How old are you? Have you been here before? Kamong is good, right? I saw you in the news, but you're a lot prettier in person than in the blurry photos. Are you dating Chen?"

I immediately took a step back, feeling suddenly very attacked. Chanyeol talked fast, without breathing, letting out his words all in one go. I wasn't sure which one to answer first.

"Um…"

To my relief, a moment later, Joonmyun came out of the back room, slipping on a jacket. "Chanyeol ah, one sentence at a time," he said, thumping Chanyeol on the back.

Chanyeol gave an embarrassed laugh. "Sorry hyung," he said with a small bow.

Joonmyun looked about three foot tall standing next to Chanyeol. He glanced around one last time, then fished keys out of his pocket. "I have to head out. It's not too busy right now so train Inna now. Have her help you during lunch rush and then let her go home after."

"Bye Joonmyun oppa," I called.

"Bye hyung!" Chanyeol added. He nodded enthusiastically, hair bounding wildly over his eyes. Chanyeol was skinny and over six feet. He had big ears, big eyes, and hair that had a silver tint to it. He was handsome in a friendly, approachable way. He pulled me over to one of the empty tables near the window and sat down. "Joonmyun says you're a family friend?"

"Neighbor and family friend," I confirmed. "I've been to Kamong many times, so I'm very familiar with the menu."

"Oh, your training will be easy then," Chanyeol said happily. "It took me forever to memorize the menu. My memory really isn't all that bad but I hate memorizing things." Chanyeol paused to draw in deep breath. "So then I can ask the more important questions. Are you dating Chen? Can you get him to sign my CD? I'm a really big fan."

"I can ask him to sign it," I mumbled, ignoring his first question. "I don't think Jongdae would mind."

"Yes!" Chanyeol leaped up into air and pumped his fist with extreme exaggeration. I couldn't help but chuckle at his silliness. He seemed to forget the first part of his question as well, as he pulled me to my feet and toward the counter to start my training.

 

 

The last week of school went by in a flash. We took graduation pictures with the rest of our class, which Baekhyun barely arrived in time for, and listened to some speakers drone on about how far we had come in our years here.

I was given three tickets for my graduation ceremony, which I gave to Minseok and Lu Han. They were my family, after all. After some teasing from Baekhyun, I gave my last ticket to Kim Jongdae over dinner, pushing it silently across the table.

"For me? Can I really come?" Jongdae's face fit up from excitement.

Although he had made it clear about his intentions to pursue me, I was the cautious one, wanting to protect myself. I liked Jongdae, I really did, but I honestly just didn't understand why a famous person like him kept wanting to spend time with me. However, I liked spending time to Jongdae because I didn't have to hide anything in front of him.

"Can you wear a hat and a face mask and sit in the back if you come?" I asked, softly, not wanting to make him angry. "I don't want you to cause a scene or be a disturbance."

"Of course," Jongdae said at once. "Don't worry, I'll hide my face really well."

At graduation, I found Lu Han and Minseok easily. They were sitting near the front, and Lu Han's light blond hair stood out fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter