Tiffany's Thoughts

Whisper

a/n: this is parallel to Chapter 7~ but now in Tiffany's thoughts. Hope u don't get confused.

TIFFANY’S POV

 

I looked at the small woman sitting beside me, as she remained calm recollecting bad memories alone- from what I could gather so far with her story. My eyes traveled from her pointy ears, down to her jaw-line, her thin lips, her long neck, her regular breathing judging from the rising and falling of her chest, her hands on her sides that clamored on the bench’s edges, her legs that extended so that she could sway her feet left-to-right.

 

I looked a bit longer at her side-profile, as if capturing a picture in my mind. I am pretty thankful she had her eyes locked at either her feet or the sky from time-to-time.

 

 

I knew the Jung’s well enough to have heard of the news about the incident long ago from my father-- the social connection between the Hwang’s and the Jung’s. My father had visited them a couple of times to see how their family is doing with the coping, and also gave some money to help with their expenses; not like they asked for it nor needed it that much. My father is just a generous man and genuine friend. I was in the US the whole time, so I didn’t dwell widely with the accident as much as the rest of my family did. I met their whole family, Jessica included. It was the day before my flight to US that my father has decided to reunite with his good old friend. We had a formal dinner; I don’t even remember exchanging words with any of the siblings. Jessica’s manager called in the middle of dinner therefore excusing her first. After that, Krystal looked gloomier without her sister, so there goes my chance in the trash bin.

 

It’s funny thinking about how small the world is, that all three of us are connected somehow…

 

“It’s been a year since I last visited them. Right now, I’m going back in the tracks…”

 

Everything that she told me; about being selfish of her or pushing people away isn’t believable, just by looking at her now.

 

“I’m kinda craving for some ice cream…”

 

I viewed Kim Taeyeon as someone who deeply cares for everyone, a person who wouldn’t do anything wrong nor bad, like an example of pure kindness and innocence to foul deeds to everyone.

 

“Fany?” My train of thoughts stopped as I heard her call me. I looked up at her and saw her hand extended towards me. It took my mind a while to register that she was waiting and I was spacing out longer.

 

“Tonight’s my treat.” I held onto her hand as she pulled me up from the bench. I hoped in those three words did not hint anything to make her feel uncomfortable. I remained quiet to and fro the store, only watching once more my dog and Taeyeon bond. It really has been a while since they last saw.

 

We went back to the same spot and ate the ice cream in silence; well I did. Taeyeon and Prince were still playing. Finishing my strawberry ice cream in one last bite, I noticed Taeyeon was no longer eating.

 

Have I been really spacing out for too long with my thoughts, failing to notice that earlier? How long has it been since she finished? Is she only waiting for me to be done, so she could go home?

I spoke in my thoughts and realized that Taeyeon and Prince were looking at me.

 

“Do I have something on my face?” I said as Taeyeon laughed while shaking her head. She insisted to drive me back, to assure that Prince and I get home safely. Although the distance isn’t really that far, I couldn’t convince her when she’s too stubborn about it.

 

“Taeyeon, about today…” I inhaled, summoning more inner-energy, “I’m sorry for letting you remember those things again. I should’ve minded my own business. You’ll surely make a great sister.” I looked at her in the eyes, anticipating for a good reaction.

 

“Yeah, I’m probably the coolest sister anyone could have. Heck, I’m the greatest friend you probably have. I’m the greatest person anyone could imagine.“ Okay, that was too good. She turned to her back on me like the usual,

 

She’ll be saying her last teases and she-

 

“Night, Fany-ah.”

 

she’ll be waving her hand.

 

Fany? That’s the second time today. I looked at the car, letting more thoughts like, she did not tease me before escaping, she called me Fany twice today, her response earlier was too good.

I sprinted without having second thoughts. Hell, I have no thoughts at all. Something just inside me is curious, is looking for something. I am thankful for my navigation skills and my good memory to have found Taeyeon’s house. Seeing that her car is roughly parked in front of her house, I was definitely sure she’s here. I turned the knob and heard a few sobs, I followed to where it came from and saw a drastic scene. Drastic may be too much to describe it, but it is indeed to me. I don’t know whether to speak up or just hug her, but the hug might startle her. I silently gulped, hoping I would stop panting and my words come out normally, “Taeyeon.”

 

She was about to fix herself but NO, I don’t want her to. I did not give her time to do so. I don’t want her to stop crying because I am here. The sight that behold earlier on the couch and now in my arms is the Taeyeon. Has she deceived me all this time? No, not really, Maybe? She was great at hiding them, but I’m not letting her fool my eyes any longer. The look in her eyes earlier had just given me the confirmation that she is deeply hurt; she is scarred with her past, “It’s not Taeyeon I heard on my doorstep… But I feel her at this moment.” I have been deceived by own thoughts. I admired her skills too much, she didn’t seem so humanly to me. More like I only expected her to be…an art machine. I feel bad, I feel bad for having those kinds of thoughts, “U R a good friend.” she is human, she gets scarred, she commits mistakes, she is the real Kim Taeyeon.

 

I was about to pull away when I felt her hug me back, “just…a little longer please”

 

I stood there plainly and served as her doll. I don’t want to do anything; afraid she’ll be bothered and turn uncomfortable.











A/N:
Sorry, this is just trial for first person POV. Is it okay? Or was the other better?
Even though this may only seem a chapter filler, it isn't!
At least you know something about Tiffany's personal now!

Try to intercept situations with this chapter! (If u get what i mean)

Please let me know what u think!
Thank you!
Sorry if it's VERY SHORT.
I am in the midst of exam period.
I will do my best to post a longer one soon! Friday, I swear!

Thank you to the new subscribers! and to the subscribers who are still with me :)