Errand

Whisper

Ding dong

 

Taeyeon raised her brow at the ringing she heard. I don’t remember inviting anybody over. She didn’t bother setting her paintbrushes down just to answer the door.

 

“Good Morning, is Im Yoona around?” A teenager that she’s unfamiliar of, stood by her doorstep. Taeyeon looked at him puzzled and finally told him that he might’ve gotten his address wrong because no Im Yoona lived in her house. The teenager left as Taeyeon walked back inside her art room again and was very close to finishing the painting of Prince Fluffy?

 

“I’d like to meet you again, fluff.” She talked to her unfinished painting. Just when she was about to deal with the difficult part,

 

Ding dong

 

Taeyeon sighed and lazily walked to the door. She opened and found the same teen as earlier, “How may I help you now? Again?”

 

“I just wanted to confirm. I also asked my friends about the address and they said that they were sure of it.” He said, waving the mobile phone on Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon slightly pushed the device away from her and told him once again that she was the only one that lived here.

 

It took so much time of hers to shake off the teenage boy but she successfully did anyways—is what she think.

 

Ding dong

 

The calm and collected Taeyeon fades whenever she gets distracted in the middle of her work. Taeyeon has had enough with the teenage boy and so, as soon as she opened the door “LOOK KID, THERE’S NO IM YOONA HE-” she stopped when she realized that it was a different person. Mesmerized by the beauty of the woman that stood before her, she still managed to keep her composure again.

 

“I’m not looking for Im Yoona, though.” The woman removed her sunglasses and smiled at her…more like her eyes smiled at her- Eyesmile.

 

“I’m sorry for yelling, it wasn’t for you...Now, how may I help you?” Taeyeon sighed, embarrassed to yell at a stranger- let alone, a girl.

 

“Right, I am looking for Miss Kim Taeyeon.” She said as her eyes scanned Taeyeon from head to toe, “I’m guessing it must be you.” She judged from the apron that stained with paint and the brushes on her pockets and on her hand.

 

“Goob job, Sherlock.” She scoffed. “You must be from some company who wants me. I’m sorry but I don’t do those graphic designs for magazines, nor graffiti as advertising or any other work. I paint what I want, when I want. I have no plans in entertaining you any further.” She was about to shut the door when a foot came between.

 

“That’s not what I’m here for…well, technically not in that way.” Tiffany said, having her head hang on the side so she could perfectly view Taeyeon from the small gap, “If you’re wondering, I’m also not here for your autograph or photo op.” the girl on the other side sighed as she opened the door wide once again.

 

“I’m not a fan of keeping my door open for too long.” Taeyeon said as Tiffany took this hint as a ‘come in’.

 

“Well, what is it that you need?” Taeyeon asked, pushing a cup of tea in front of Tiffany.

 

“I’m from NYLON Korea. I am here to get your permission for me to interview you. We’ve got a whole page dedicated to you. As everyone who are linked with art, you’re practically rising in the industry and almost being branded as the ‘queen of arts’, it would be very very much appreciated if you cooperate in this.” Tiffany spoke clearly with each word, not being too fast nor being too slow. She flashed her eyesmile again and placed her hand on top of the other girls’, almost as if she was purposely doing this so the other would agree.

 

“I’m sorry, I’d like to keep my identity kept. How did you even know about me?” Taeyeon pulled her hand away and leaned back at her couch.

 

“If it would help any more convincing- the CEO of Nylon is also fond of art- a little bird must’ve informed us. But these information does seem confidential, we won’t reveal it if you really wish.” Tiffany said as started to slowly pack her things.

 

“Ring me up before the 6th if you ever change your mind.” She pulled out a card from-who-knows-where. Taeyeon grabbed the card and apologetically smiled at the woman.

 

“I’ve been nothing but entirely rude the whole time, right?” she sighed while leading the girl to her doorway.

 

“Honestly speaking, yes. But as someone from NYLON, I’d have to say ‘no, it’s okay, we understand your reasons’ so we don’t come off rude either.” Tiffany joked. She figured that she better let the woman get comfortable around her if she wants to work with her.

 

“I like your honest remark better.” Taeyeon smiled back. They stopped their tracks when Tiffany found the door of her art room slightly ajar.

“Were you working on something? I’m sorry for the intrusion.” Tiffany noticed, she faced the other girl and bowed to make an apology.

 

“I don’t know why we’re both apologizing so much today.” Taeyeon laughed, “you weren’t really a bother, it was just that brat who kept looking for some person.” She noticed that the other girl wasn’t paying attention to her, and was taking a peek at the door that’s ajar.

 

“You seem curious…but I’m afraid I can’t let you go.” Taeyeon shrugged and found a slight of disappointment in the sparkling eyes of the other woman. As they both were nearing the door, the girl stopped again in her tracks when a portrait that hung caught her eye.

 

“What do you think is the portrait saying?” As she was clearly indicating to the abstract painting, it could interpret a lot of things, but Taeyeon did her best to just show the meaning that she was aiming for in the painting.

 

“The black background, it’s the self... The bright colors that burst on the upper right; almost like fireworks, are her feelings she really feels. The cold shade that burst on the bottom left are the things she could only convey. I think the person isn’t able to express right emotions at times, she doesn’t really speak her mind much either…” Tiffany slowly analyzed, “May I?” asking Taeyeon if she could feel the painting. Taeyeon let her for the woman enjoy the moment.

 

Spot on, Miss...

 

“I never really quite catch your name.” Taeyeon said as Tiffany was still in daze with the painting. Running her finger on the place she’s fascinated with.

 

“Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany did her best to get her composure again and offered a hand for Taeyeon to shake, like what happens during first meetings. Taeyeon showed Tiffany her dirty hands- paint all over. But the other woman just ignored and shook it anyways.

 

“Well, Miss Hwang, you seem really in the world of art from one work- I suggest you don’t get your hopes up for every artwork I exhibit…I never really saw people looking at my own works until today.” Taeyeon admitted. It was true. Every time she would have an exhibit, she would do her best to hide herself. She doesn’t like seeing people criticize her work in front of her and say things that would disappoint her or discourage her. Taeyeon did want to spread her work to the world, but that doesn’t mean she wants to see how it affected people. Sometimes things are not taken as well as her. Sometimes people get tired of seeing the same things…

 

“Well that’s…shocking. And why shouldn’t I raise my hopes up?” Tiffany turned to the slightly smaller woman beside her.

 

“Because that’s one less person to disappoint…or impress.” Taeyeon brought her small lips near the other girls’ ear and whispered. Her voice came low and soothing. Tiffany felt her ear hot as she was feeling the other girl’s breath. She was slightly surprised by the action. Taeyeon pulled away and smiled lastly, “Well, haven’t we chatted for quite some time?” It was back to her normal voice. She looked at the girl that’s somehow still flustered in front of her. The taller woman faked a cough and regained her composure.

 

“We did. I appreciate you taking your time off to talk to me. Again, if you change your mind, please do give our company a call.” Tiffany stretched her pinky and her thumb away from each other- making the phone gesture by her ear.

 

“The company? Not you?” That just slipped off Taeyeon’s mouth, but rather than regretting at how stupid she was to let that slide, she was also curious.

 

“I am kind of not the right position to run this errand either. Truthfully speaking, I shouldn’t be here in the first place if they haven’t sent that mail in the wrong address… I’ll let the departments under me take care of you if you do agree any time soon.” Tiffany explained, again with her clear delivery. Taeyeon notices how her voice changes every time she is to explain something so long.

 

“Not the right position to run this errand?” though she completely understood the right term used, she is slightly offended every time companies refer to her as an errand alone. Errand is just the same as “let’s just get this little over with” to Taeyeon’s ears. It’s not the same as ‘business meeting’ to her. It’s not the same as ‘formal meeting’ to her. The CEO that stood there was puzzled as to why Taeyeon was stressed over something like that.

 

“I never really planned on revealing, but I guess it would be out either way…” Tiffany sighed before she continued, “I am the CEO of NYLON Korea. We are running behind of schedule because they failed to inform you earlier. I just took action to not let the company go downhill with the rates.” Now this is just fuel to the fire. Taeyeon was burning up inside.

 

So, I am just an errand. They do not see me as an artist but as an article. I don’t need their petty promotions in their article! I don’t need anyone to help me with my career!

 

Taeyeon’s thought just exploded in her head. Overthinking, she is aware of. Taeyeon curled her hand to a fist on the side. She did her best to hide her anger and push the girl away before she yells.

 

“You should get going.” Taeyeon turned to her heels and left the girl facing her back. She walked back in her art room and grabbed a new canvass. She just needed to paint her emotions. She needed to convey it someway.

****

Confused, Tiffany left anyway. She was surprised at the sudden change of attitude Taeyeon took. She sighed and thought about the whole scene, going back whether she said something that set her off. Failing to pick up something, she rubbed her temples and focused on driving back to her office. She hoped that it wouldn’t affect the business. As everything seems to be not going their way, Tiffany needed to make sure that they fill that page that’s supposedly for Taeyeon; given that she is to decline after what happened. Only having six days left before launching to the board and formally release to the public, Tiffany sighed again in frustration.

 

It wasn’t really hard to get people to agree in having one whole page dedicated to them in NYLON Magazine. Tiffany did not suspect this coming and she was disappointed at herself for letting it get this far. She immediately searched for the artist that’s almost as good as Taeyeon and set her as a back up just in case. If Taeyeon won’t reply in three days, she’s calling the second choice immediately.

 

“Miss Hwang, everything has laid on your desk and ready.” Yuri stood up from her seat and bow lightly. Ignored by her boss, Yuri took this as a sign that the errand took a different road that what they had in mind. Yuri knew that her boss is like this when it is needed to get serious or when things just get serious. But overall, Tiffany was a great boss and understood her strictness. She might be lacking in conversing with other office people because she is cooped up in her office. But she does small chat whenever she sends someone in or when she’s in the elevator.

 

“Miss Kwon!” Yuri gulped. This is not good news either. She hurriedly went to her boss’ office and got some great scolding. Yuri apologized at the small error that was presented to her. Tiffany dismissed Yuri and figured that yelling wouldn’t fix any of the wrong actions. Tiffany went through the piles of work that’s on her desk and still not satisfied. Tiffany’s stomach grumbled once again for the nth time. She knew she wouldn’t be doing any of the work if she ate now and tried to get back to work. She wants to get things done right when she sits.

 

Yuri knocked and sent the last file of the day. Tiffany raised her brow as to why it was sent in late, and Yuri explained that the team made final revisions so she won’t be disappointed, or be least disappointed. She did not bother to give another scolding session as she is drowning in work too. Yuri knew though that she is disappointed with it.

 

“Miss Hwang, I’m afraid I’ll have to take off now…Unless there is anything I could do to lessen your work…?” Yuri tried to convince Tiffany to divide some of the work but Tiffany doesn’t want to redo things again if Yuri screws up. Not that she will, but she could handle everything. Also knowing that Yuri is supporting her younger sister, Tiffany tried not to hold Yuri so much in the office situations.

 

“It’s alright, you may go. You may ask everyone to leave, I’ll lock up the place.” Although the day was filled with frustration and work, Tiffany managed to pull an eyesmile. Yuri was hesitant at first but she knew nothing would stop her boss right now. Tiffany usually leaves early because things usually go smooth and everybody knows what to do, but at times like this, Tiffany knew it was no time to slack. She also has to show the people that she’s not lazy and be a good role model.

 

Tiffany stretched her hands before yawning. She checked the clock and it was fifteen minutes before midnight. I’m sorry, Prince Fluffy. I swear I’ll make it up to you, she thought. Her dog could be feeling lonely if he didn’t really knew the way out. Tiffany knew better than to leave her dog alone and locked up in the cage though. It wasn’t Prince Fluffy’s first time to ran away last night, but Tiffany never really liked the idea of one day having her dog be kidnapped by a homeless man.

 

“Good Night to you too, Seoul.” She said as she closed the last file and locked the whole place up. She went home at around half past three AM and she wasn’t very fond of that idea. Finally able to reach her house, she checked immediately on Prince Fluffy’s meal. She found it empty and cleaned up, while the water was half empty too.

 

“Prince Fluffy!” Tiffany yelled but no signs of any white furball running to her. Tiffany worried again as to where her dog might’ve went. Just the thought of her dog being fed by other people scared her, what if he runs away? What if he likes the other people better? small sounding fears that come in big to her because she cared for that dog wholly.

 

It was time Tiffany takes an action and look for her dog. Her sleepiness just blew away when those fears crawled. She couldn’t stop moving around knowing her dog is somewhere in the streets of Seoul.

 

 

 

A/N:

Thank you to the twenty four subscribers and the others who are just viewing~ Here's the first chapter! Some TaeNy...but not quite the first meeting you might've had in mind...
What do you think about Taeyeon? What do you think about Tiffany?

A little fun fact: Yuri's role is supposed to be Jessica's...but I made alterations for certain reasons ;)

For those who are worried/will be worried about the ships, it's either you hold on tight or sail away. I don't want to give a definite answer for it kill the thrill.
It doesn't matter if you subscribe now. You may subscribe whenever your heart feels like it (sings CIYC chorus). Hey, one day you might come back here when it's complete and just find out who ends up with who :D

I apologize in advance for any typographical/spelling/grammatical errors. nobody's perfect. lol. I'm also not a fan of proofreading sometimes lol.

Anyways, enough A/N.