Taeyeon

Whisper

As the eldest, Taeyeon took the responsibility to drive Krystal to the shoot. As promised, Taeyeon went with her inside. Taeyeon looked around at the surroundings in awe- it was way busier than when she was featured in their shoot. She shrugged the thought and looked at Krystal- being dragged by a make-up artist to get ready.

 

“Kim Taeyeon?” A familiar voice came from behind her. She turned and saw a tanned woman who she doesn’t recall seeing from before.

 

“Ah yes, that’s me. Am I disturbing here?” The tanned woman shook her head and laughed at the nervous Kim. The woman offered her hand to shake- Taeyeon reluctantly shook it.

 

“I’m Yuri, by the way.” She smiled as Taeyeon did the same, feeling more eased than earlier, “It’s nice to finally talking to you in-person.” They laughed once more.

 

“What brings you here?” Yuri asked, but failed to hear Taeyeon’s answer when her phone rang. She excused herself and left Taeyeon, back to being dazed.

 

 

“Yes, Miss Hwang?” Yuri apologetically raised her hand to excuse herself further with Taeyeon. The small woman gave a warm smile and nodded at her action. She quickly shuffled to a more quiet area for better reception.

 

“Status Update.” A stern voice from the other line demanded. Yuri elaborated in details about the shoot so far. It’s only been an hour since they’ve started and they were preparing for whatever crisis that could come. The boss told Yuri to keep quiet about her soon-appearance in the venue for closer inspection.

 

“Sorry about that. I have to go. I’ll talk to you later, that is if we’re both not busy.” Yuri bowed a little for politeness to her idol. She still hasn’t forgotten about Taeyeon’s god-skills with arts.

 

“No worries about it. I’m just here to look after someone. Just do tell me if my presence is being a nuisance here… everybody seems busy.” Taeyeon apologetically scratched her not-so-itchy-nape. Yuri then reassured that it was okay to stay. Both women bid their goodbyes and separated ways inside the venue.

 

Yuri immediately checked every area of the venue to see if there any crisis rising- to her luck, there wasn’t any. She checked her wristwatch to check the time, and expecting her boss to arrive any second now. She clapped her hands and caught everyone’s attention in the small room, “Keep up the good work here, guys.” It was a vague threat to those who’ve been working with them for so long. Some workers knew that this was a sign for ‘boss-is-coming-do-your-job-better’, whilst it was just a plain ‘good-job-so-far’ to the newbies. She made her way to the entrance and waited for her glorified boss. It was not later than ten minutes that the said woman had entered. Only a few recognized and knew her presence as everyone’s still shuffling around the venue and handling models, make-ups, and outfits. She looked around in satisfaction of the smooth shoot that’s on going. One particular thing caught her eye though- Taeyeon. She was surprised to see her, not recalling whether she had unconsciously invited her or asked Yuri to call her up as a model for the shoot. She walked to the girl who was still mesmerized by the beauty around her.

 

“May I ask what Painter Taeng is doing here?” She approached the girl that’s attention just turned to her.

 

“I am looking after someone.” She smiled and waved before speaking again, “And nice seeing you too.” Tiffany raised her brow but did not question her about it once she saw Taeyeon’s index finger pointing at a direction. She followed to where it pointed and saw a young woman.

 

“Krystal Jung.” Tiffany mumbled. Taeyeon looked at her as if asking her to repeat what she had said. Tiffany pretended as if she had just missed Taeyeon’s hint.

 

“I hope I’m not disturbing the work inside here. I could wait outside if it’s prohibited.” Easing the moment, Taeyeon decided to break it before the atmosphere turns into something that’ll internally embarrass both of them.

 

“As long as you don’t cause trouble.” She said as she waved her hand, saying goodbye for now. Taeyeon nodded even though she was already facing Tiffany’s back. She eyed on the woman much longer- seeing her talk to the photographer, then pointing at the monitor as if directing him the wrong points and the right angles. The photographer nodded and pointed at another part of the monitor before speaking. Even though Taeyeon could not hear their words, she felt as if she knew perfectly what they were talking about. It was her first time seeing Tiffany to be actually working. The last time the both of them were in the same venue for a shoot, she was too preoccupied with the thoughts of things-that-could-go-wrong.

 

“Unnie.” Krystal called out, catching the attention of the right person. She slowly spun around, silently asking for Taeyeon’s opinion about the high-class fashion she’s asked to model. Taeyeon gave two thumbs up and complimented her.

 

“I wouldn’t want to show you, but my big toes are also giving you their thumbs-up.” She let the unsettled Krystal loosen up a bit. “Are you hungry?” She asked as Krystal nodded.

 

“But unnie, I can’t eat yet. I am next after the girl they’re shooting.” She said, turning her head to the woman who was busy posing in front of the photographer. Taeyeon followed her line of sight and saw the same thing. She nodded and accompanied Krystal nearer to the set. They were now looking at the monitor; within a considerable distance from the real judges of the photos- Tiffany and some other woman that Taeyeon doesn’t know. Taeyeon saw from her peripheral vision, a fidgeting Krystal.

 

“Still nervous?” Taeyeon tilted her head to the side, as if there would be a question mark CG to show up on the space. The younger nodded, looking at the other models lined up on the side. Taeyeon followed her line of sight and internally sighed. She took in Krystal’s hand and whispered to her, “You’re waaay prettier than those girls. Trust me when I say it. It’s in your genes.” She slowly let go of Krystal’s hand once it was Krystal’s turn. The younger took one last look at Taeyeon before focusing on her pose. Taeyeon mouthed, “Fighting”.

 

After Kystal’s turn, they stayed until the whole shoot was done; just for courtesy. Krystal’s parents are currently looking after Jessica so they didn’t have to worry about leaving her alone in the hospital. Taeyeon bought a couple of drinks to give to the staff after wrapping up the entire set. It was now just an empty warehouse. Krystal was asleep in the car when it all ended. Taeyeon looked around to see if Tiffany or Yuri was still around, but to her dismay, she didn’t see them. Just as she drove off, Tiffany and Yuri walked in the warehouse to double check if they had left or damaged anything. The two of them noticed Taeyeon driving away but didn’t really do anything. They continued to do their jobs before calling it a day.

 

Taeyeon stopped at the Jung’s driveway before waking up the younger girl. Krystal only slightly shook her, yet knocked out as a rock. She unbuckled both of their seatbelts before getting out of the car to go to Krystal’s side of the door. She carefully carried the girl in a bridal style. She may be small, she may at sports, but her muscles cannot be underestimated. She was thankful her paper-human-being did not give in. Taeyeon slowly slid a hand in Krystal’s pocket to get the keys, and successfully obtaining it, she slightly had struggled to get the key in the hole. She memorized their place like the back of her hand. She tucked Krystal in her own bed before locking the front door again, with the keys left on Krystal’s nightstand.

 

She yawned as she drove slowly at the very empty road. Her eyes were slowly trying to give in, but a particular white fur ball had caught her vision. Tiffany was sitting with Prince Fluffy. Taeyeon suddenly felt a little energy inside her that kept her awake. She parked at the sidewalk and crossed the street to meet the two.

 

The white fur-ball got excited and barked loudly. Tiffany was startled at the figure standing behind her; crouching with her arms wide open. She let her dog’s leash go to leap into the latter’s arms. Taeyeon stumbled down on the ground, allowing the dog to climb up to her chest.

 

“It’s late, what are you doing out?” She asked, witnessing the funny scene of her dog Taeyeon’s neck.

 

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that instead? The shoot looked crazy hectic earlier.” She scooped the dog to its feet before sitting beside Tiffany. She ran her fingers through the fur and allowed her other hand to get clobbered by Prince Fluffy.

 

“I’m fine, besides…Prince is also a priority.” She ruffled the space between the ears of her dog, “Why did you stay until we completely wrapped up?”

 

“You were there? Why didn’t I see you?” Taeyeon raised a brow as Tiffany chuckled at another cute view.

 

“I must be doing my rounds when you looked for me. I saw you driving off already, and I still had to check some more things before leaving.” Prince Fluffy hopped off Taeyeon’s lap and started to catch his own tail.

 

“I hope you don’t mind me asking this, but…” Tiffany hesitated at first but asked anyway, “What’s your relation with Krystal Jung?”

 

“The girl I was looking out for earlier?” Taeyeon asked as Tiffany nodded, “I’m taking care of her as I have promised to her family.”

 

“Do you just go promising to families you’d take care of their daughter?” Tiffany joked as Taeyeon did laugh yet shook her head and continued her explanation:

 

“You probably have heard of Jessica Jung- the famous idol to debut, but got into a coma and still hasn’t woken up. I’ve known her since childhood years, before she even became a trainee. Well, long story short, it was my fault how she got into all that mess. Now her family’s not doing so well; with their daughter’s life still in the uncertainty. Krystal hasn’t got the chance to bond with her sister fully because of her schedule before, and now because of the coma. I’m here to fulfill some empty spaces while waiting for Jessica.” She looked at Tiffany with a sad smile playing on their faces. Though the eyes of Tiffany showed Taeyeon that she craved for more information.

 

Why am I sharing this?

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Taeyeon -ah, I miss you too." The blonde pressed the phone against her ear to hear the person on the other line clearer.

 

"Sica, have you been eating well? How is your voice training?" Taeyeon kept bombarding her with questions. Jessica only gave a laugh when she finished, "Yah, what's so funny? Have you gon crazy?"

 

"Nothing. You're just acting like my grandmother." She said in between her laughs. Taeyeon clicked her tongue but smiled a bit. She missed her so much.

 

"Sica, when are we going to see each other again?" The laughter slowly died out in the atmosphere. She heard the other girl sigh softly and she need not words to know the answer now.

 

"My work's getting featured again in an exhibit. It’s open for the whole week this week. Please promise to come this time..." she said cautiously. She missed the girl so much, she always understood her for not being able to go to any of her own exhibits. Though this time she won't let her off the hook.

 

"Taeyeon-ah..." Jessica silently stated. They both knew it was a ‘I can’t, my schedule’s packed’.

 

"Sica, that entertainment industry is eating you already! We haven't seen each other for three years, you always sound tired when we talk, and we barely exchange phone calls too. Sica, are you sure they're treating you well? Aren't they being harsh to someone like you? You're still young and you should be enjoying things like a normal person too!" Taeyeon has had enough of it. Jessica joined SM when she was 12. She was still able to go out on weekends back then, but as she stayed there longer, restrictions grew. As soon as Jessica reached the age of 15, she could barely get out to have fun. It was the last time that Jessica and Taeyeon went out.

 

"Didn't you say you were happy about this too?" Jessica said softly, holding her tears back. She hasn't heard from Taeyeon for months and now they're close to fighting.

 

"I was. I was happy for you- that was back then when I could see your smile, when I could hear you were happy."

 

"But I am happy, Taeyeon. Don't say things you aren't even sure of!" Jessica retorted. Taeyeon curled her hand to a fist.

 

"Right. I don't know much of you now because we barely speak to each other. Now that you're debuting soon you'll be more busy, won't you want to see me one last time? Because I wouldn't be seeing you anymo-"

 

"Taeyeon-ah, I won’t let that won't happen." Jessica cut her words. She didn't like where it was going anyway.

 

"Do your best there. I'll cheer on you." Her voice was similar to a person who just lost a loved one. She hang up and Jessica was stuck to hearing the dial tone alone. A knock on her door woke her up from the bewilderment earlier.

 

 

“Jessica-ssi, we need to get you ready now.” The manager walked in, followed by the hair, make-up, and wardrobe artists. Jessica sighed and looked at her phone in melancholy. She stayed in the same position for two hours, getting her hair, make-up, clothes for live done. Jessica looked at her reflection before turning to her manager, “Oppa, is there any way you could vacate my schedule after this live? Please.” Jessica pleaded. The manager shook his head, once again Jessica was pleading to him for a break.

 

“Sica, you know it’s not that easy.” He said as he coldly looked at her. Jessica did not back down and pleaded some more.

 

“Please oppa. Just after this live, vacate it. I’ll work a hundred times better tomorrow then on. Just please, oppa, let me go after this live…” She was close to bursting into tears. The manager held his ground though. Jessica had failed to convince him with her little time before she got called into the stage. Jessica sang the song full of her feelings. A lone tear escaped her eyes in the middle of her singing. She had her eyes closed, as memories of her and Taeyeon had gushed through her mind. She wanted to see Taeyeon so much, she regretted not being able to go to her exhibits before, and she was also slowly regretting become an idol that’s too busy.

 

“Whoever said it’s impossible to miss when you never had…Never almost had you.” Jessica opened her eyes with determination; to escape, to make things right, to be the friend this time.

 

Jessica ran down the stage and immediately changed her clothes. She cursed lowly, remembering that she came to the venue by the company van. She grabbed her cap and neglected her manager. The manager did not let her off easily though, so he had people to come after Jessica. May not be as athletic as she looks, the blonde had managed to shake off the people that were after her. She ran outside the building and spotted a bicycle. Without thinking twice, she hopped on it and rode away, despite almost getting crushed by fans and paparazzi waiting at the back of the building. She was sure that her manager would take care of the bicycle’s owner.

 

“Jiyoung oppa, where’s Taeyeon?” She was panting and sweating when she had arrived at Taeyeon’s house. She was thankful that nobody decided to follow her, as she was making way through alleys.

 

“Sica, what are you doing here? And why are you sweati-“

 

“Please Jiyoung oppa, I need to see her soon. I have to tell her something. Just where is she?” Jessica slammed her hand on the door, while the other was on her knee; she was slowly bent down, still trying to catch her breath.

 

“S-she’s in her exhibit in Namyangju.” Jessica cursed once more, since it was an hour away by driving, just what more by bicycle. “Jiyoung, can I borrow your car?” Jiyoung did not need second thinking and just gave Jessica his keys. He cheered on Jessica while the girl sped off.

 

Jessica fished for her phone in her pocket and dialed Taeyeon. To her disappointment, she was sent to voicemail,

 

“Taeyeon, if you hear this, please please please pick up. I’m coming to see you now.”

 

She hang up and dialed again once she was stuck in traffic.

 

“Taeyeon, hey, please pick up.”

 

She dropped the call as the cars moved again.

 

She checked the time and it’s been an hour since she was driving and she’s nowhere near. She thought of an alternative route and sped off once more as she saw the opening. She could’ve made it to the Fast & Furious movie based on her speed and style of driving. A couple of honking and yelling from other drivers were neglected too. Jessica felt her heart beating out of her chest- she was anxious and excited to see Taeyeon once again. She grabbed her phone and dialed Taeyeon once again,

 

“Taeyeon-ah, I don’t know if I’ll be able to say these things to you when we are face-to-face. Don’t pick up. Just listen. Please listen at least, don’t ignore me.

 

I’m sorry for not being a good friend to you, I’m sorry for missing your big events while I expect you to be on mine- and you surely don’t disappoint me. I can always feel your support; even if you’ve grown against the idea. But you’re also right, I have developed a different personality, I have changed because I let them. I didn’t like the change entirely because I was losing you. I don’t want that. Not only am I losing you, but also I’m losing my real self. You’re the only person who knows me well. I was wrong to tell you that you don’t know me anymore. I’m sorry for that. I am going to let go of my debut. I won’t continue it. I would lose this than lose all of me, all of you.” Jessica inhaled some air, trying to contain her tears, “Don’t feel guilty or anything, okay? I know you. Just, don’t worry about me. I decided on this. I’m coming to see you now, Taeyeon. Let’s eat, I’m kinda hungry” She joked before turning a little more serious, “I love you Taeyeon. For real. Now wait for me, okay? I’m almost there. See you.” She straightaway dropped the call when the car in front of her started to move again.

 

Not even past half an hour, Jessica arrived at the art studio. Taeyeon was busy talking to some people who viewed her painting, asking them what they think it means and such. Jessica stood from afar and couldn’t believe at what she was seeing. She was feeling overwhelmed for her best friend. It didn’t take long when Taeyeon noticed the girl standing on the doorway. Jessica walked briskly to Taeyeon’s direction; the smaller girl matched her pace as the other and caught her friend’s wrist. She calmly dragged Jessica out of the building.

 

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon let their hands drop to their sides.

 

“I-I’m here to apologize about what happened…” Jessica knew her friend was still upset so she decided to change the topic again, “The paintings are really nic-“

 

“Jess, why the hell are you here? You have a show to go to. It’s your frigging debut. All that years of not seeing you and your hard work are dedicated for this DAY. Jeez, think straight!” Jessica’s face was starting to feel hot and soon tears started streaming. She was starting to feel confused with what to do for Taeyeon.

 

“I-I don’t wa-“

 

“You really like to just drop things half way in the process, huh? Jess, you’re not supposed to be here. Go back to where you came from, I don’t give a how long it took you to get here. Just bring your sorry self to your agency and fix your together.” Taeyeon left Jessica outside of the building. Jessica stayed frozen to where she stood and couldn’t figure out what just happened. Not long after, people around start to recognize her so she went inside the car quickly and drove off crying before the people circle around her vehicle.

 

 

Taeyeon felt guilty pushing away Jessica, but she couldn’t afford letting all the training of Jessica go away because of her best friend issue. She needed to be harsh to Jessica, if not, the girl would just be stubborn and Taeyeon would be forced to forgive her and take her in again.

 

She continued to entertain the people around the gallery to distract the guilt and her thoughts.

 

 

Jessica knew it wasn’t safe to drive while crying so she planned to stop at the next gas station she’ll pass by. For the mean time, the blonde tried to tell her tears to halt even for a while. The scene earlier replayed on and on in her mind. As much as she wanted to sob more, she managed to hold a whole bucket of tears to come. She wiped her eyes with her forearm, still having a bit of a blurry vision from the little water in her eyes left. She took a deep breath as she tried to fish for her phone in her handbag. Failing to get the small device, she divided her attention to the bag and her driving. Jessica cursed lowly as her mobile phone slipped from her grasp. She clicked her park light, letting both of her tail-lights blink as she slowly drove. The blonde took the opportunity to bend down for her phone.

 

“Finally, I gotcha.” She muttered, feeling the device in her grasp. The next thing she knew was being blinded another person’s headlights and loud honking.

 

 

Taeyeon was relieved that she could call it a day. It had been two hours since she last saw her friend. The brunette took one last look at the fancy wall-clock that hung in the gallery before proceeding to get her belongings.

 

“Woah.” Was all she could muster after seeing how many voicemails she got from her friend and whole lot of more missed calls from people, “Mom, Mom, Mom, Dad, Jiyoung, Mom, Mrs. Jung, Mrs. Jung, Mrs. Jung…” she read as she continued to scroll down the call log. She sighed as the list kept going. Just as when Taeyeon was about to scroll down, another call registered. She clicked the green button and heard wails from the other line.

 

“THANK GOODNESS TAEYEON DEAR! WE’VE BEEN CALLING YOU!” The old woman sobbed as Taeyeon felt uneasy. She figured her mother would be in a public place from the noise she’s hearing in the background.

 

“Mom, what’s happening? Why is it noisy back there?”
 

“I-it’s Jessica! S-she…she got into an accident, dear……………” After those words escaped her mother’s lips, Taeyeon heard no more. She didn’t want to hear anymore. She could hear the faint voice of her mother from the device that she had just slipped from her hand. She was in a constant state of shock.

End of flashback

 

“It’s been a year since I last visited them. Right now, I’m going back in the tracks…” Taeyeon cut the story short, thinking Tiffany might be feeling uneasy. She shot her companion a reassuring smile, yet it might’ve failed to get through her, “I’m kinda craving for some ice cream.” She stood up and scooped the white furball into her arms. Tiffany looked up at her with worries in her eyes. The small girl pretended to not notice it and extended her other hand for the girl to grab, “Fany?”

 

“Tonight’s my treat.” The brunette took a while before clutching on the girl’s petite hand, but did anyway. The two did not exchange words on their way to the store. Taeyeon was satisfied though, having to be able to bond with her little fluffy friend. They went back to their benches and finished their sweets before Taeyeon insisted on driving Tiffany back.

 

Taeyeon unhooked her belt while Tiffany went to get Prince Fluffy at the back seat. The petite left her car engine on as she walked the two to their house. Tiffany opened her front door to let her dog in, and closed it again, still outside.

 

“Taeyeon, about today…” She inhaled the cold air, “I’m sorry for letting you remember those things again. I should’ve minded my own business. You’ll surely make a great sister.” Tiffany believed, as she looked the other in the eye.

 

“Yeah, I’m probably the coolest sister anyone could have. Heck, I’m the greatest friend you probably have. I’m the greatest person anyone could imagine.“ Taeyeon snickered as she turned to her heels, “Night, Fany-ah.” She raised her hand above her head, waving it with her back facing the other. Tiffany watched as Taeyeon drove away. Then something hit her the second she lost the girl in her sight.

 

Taeyeon hurried to her living room, throwing her car keys in wherever. She sat in one corner of her couch, hugging her knees and started to sob, letting a flood of memories sink in her-- the accident, Jessica’s voicemails, and Tiffany’s words. She kept blaming herself for everything that’s happened, and she doesn’t know whether she’ll believe Tiffany’s words. She was utterly confused and in the pit of despair once more.

 

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany was almost breathless. The sobs made Taeyeon deaf about everything around her; she didn’t notice Tiffany had just barged in. Taeyeon looked up and was about to fix herself when Tiffany pulled her up and on to her feet. Taeyeon felt a pair of arms around her waist, hot breathing against her neck, a chest that rises and falls against her own. Tiffany hugged her tightly.

 

“It’s not Taeyeon I heard on my doorstep… But I feel her at this moment.” The husky voice rang in Taeyeon’s ears. She felt air escape the latter’s lips that stayed by her neck, “U R a good friend.” Tiffany emphasized lastly before she was about to pull away. The younger unsuccessfully did though, when she felt the petite arms wrap around her too, but tighter than her grasp.

 

“Just…a little longer please.” Tiffany wouldn’t mistake hearing Taeyeon’s voice crack at the end of her sentence, nor holding her breath so Tiffany wouldn’t notice her irregular breathing pattern from her sobs. Tiffany pretend to be unaware of the situation, assuming that Taeyeon might still uncomfortable being seen crying by her.



















_____
A/N:
I'm sorry for being MIA for a month! It's just that a lot is going on.
Yup, I owe you that much. I HAVE REVEALED ONE THING! Of course that's not the only thing to reveal in this story ;)

HEY, I STILL READ THE COMMENTS and I LIKE READING AND REPLYING TO THEM. SO PLEASE DO :)))))

The hug is a small step for them, is it also the same for the locksmiths?! Hahaha.

So, what do you guys think? What do you think hit Tiffany at the last part? Hmmm hmmm? :)))))
Thank one hundred ninety one subscribers!
I AM SORRY FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL/GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I barely proofread the whole thing. But I will proofread everything when I finish the story haha.

TAENY ONE SHOT: CARRYING YOU>
Check it out, guys, if you want. Lol. Thanks! Vote up or something lol.

P.S. No, I did not entirely reveal what Tiffany's reaction is when she heard the whole thing. As you could see, she stayed quiet and did not speak after.

P.S I might start writing in FIRST POV in the some of the following chapters...to go deeper with their thoughts.

I hope you're all okay with that.