Chapter 6

Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Flashback to the day when Sungjae went missing in the wood during the field trip-

Sungjae felt his body burning in pain. He could feel that he had many cuts and bruises all over his body. With the little strength he had, he opened his eyes as he tried to crawl up from the hard rocky ground. As Sungjae's vision was adjusted and became clear, he found himself inside a cave surrounded by a pack of wolves. 

Terrified, he backed off and he was panting deeply. He was too startled that no sound could be made by his throat. It was as if his throat was stuck with a piece of pebble. Feeling his life was threatened, Sungjae picked up a rock on the ground, ready to hurt the wolves and gave himself a try to escape the cave. 

"You're finally awake." 

Who is that? Sungjae thought as he looked around the surrounding. There was no one there. No human beings except a pack of wolves. 

"Don't look around, boy. It's me the one talking," a white wolf approached Sungjae when the rest of the wolves made a pathway for him to walk through. 

A-a-a wolf that can talk? Sungjae looked at the white wolf in surprise. That wolf was slightly bigger than the others and it was the only one that had white furs that made it outstand the others. 

"Don't be so shocked, my boy," the white wolf said. "I'm the God of wolves and there's no problem for me to talk in human language." 

"God?" Sungjae muttered. Wasn't God suppose to live in heaven? But why...? 

"Well, all the animals have their own God to rule their pack. The God has superstition and can see the future of their species to help them from facing unwanted danger," the white wolf explained. 

Sungjae was still digesting the thing the white wolve told him. He then realized he had something far more important to care about. "But why did they try to hunt me? And why am I here?" Sungjae actually wanted to ask why he wasn't eaten since wolves were carnivore.

"That is because you're my grandson,'' the white wolve approached Sungjae with a blue crystal in its mouth.

''What are you talking about? I'm a human and you're a wolf!'' Sungjae exclaimed. That was all nonsense. A talking wolf appeared and then it claimed him as his grandson. This must be some unrealistic dream!

''Did your father tell you that your ancestor is actually from Jeju?'' the white wolf handed the blue crystal necklace to Sungjae. ''Wear this now.''

As Sungjae was thinking, he followed the wolf's order. He didn't want to be eaten up and died in a terrible way. He then recalled, his grandfather had told him before that he was originally from Jeju but Sungjae's greatgrandfather brought his family to Seoul to have a better life.

''My grandfather ever told me and he said Jeju's a beautiful place to live.''

''Your greatgrandther, Yook Yunso is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter