Chapter 3

Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teachers with the help of policemen, entered the wood to search for Sungjae. They were anxious and panic because they promised to all the parents that they would make sure all their children would be save throughout this trip. But who knew this would happen? The wood was literally dark. The light of the torchlights wasn't bright enough. No matter how they shouted and screamed for Sungjae's name, there was no reply.

 

''Hello Auntie...?'' Euna talked to Mrs Yook with a very soft voice. Although Sungjae was sometimes annoying towards her, she still liked him as a friend. He was caring, kind and generous. ''There's still no news about Sungjae but the teachers and police are still looking for him.'' From the other line, Euna could hear Mrs Yook sniffing. Well, Sungjae was his one and only child. ''Okay, I will reach Jeju tomorrow morning with Uncle. Please tell me the address of the resort you stay.''

Although Sungjae went missing for almost a day already, the other students acted as if nothing happened. They did gossip but well, they didn't bother if he was dead of alive. The Infinite was even happier as they thought Sungjae who had begun to stand up to fight for himself a little finally disappear. This would cause them less problem if they teacher found out that they were actually the bullies. 

''Euna, why are you so absentminded?'' Yuri asked with her head tilted. ''Let's go, we're going to the convenient store down the street.'' With that, Yuri clung on Euna's arm and dragged her with the other girls. All Euna could do was show them a faint smile. How can she be enjoying the trip when something so critical like that happened?

After buying some snacks and cup ramen, they went back to the resort. Euna was in the same room as Yuri and Sooyoung. Once they were in their room, they began to eat the snacks. 

''And I thought you're on diet,'' Sooyoung rolled her eyes as Yuri cooked two cup ramens for herself.

''Well, that is after this field trip,'' Yuri shrugged.

''Yah, yah, do you girls know that that nerd, Sungjae, the one that is targeted by Infinite went missing in the wood during the game?'' Sooyoung sudden brought up the topic and Euna tensed. She felt extremely uneasy and lump began to form inside .

''Seriously, I don't know what is he thinking,'' Yuri said as she checked if her ramen was done. ''If he knew he was so not capable in outdoor and socialize then he should just not join the field trip. Why cause all this problem?''

Euna was boiling inside. What did they know about Sungjae? All they knew was what they could see physically. Just because he appeared like a nerd, like a fool, didn't mean he was at fault for being outcasting. ''You people only criticize on what you see. Infinite's member look good because they are good-looking even though you all know they are mean but you still like them,'' Euna blabbered and when she realized she was talking something unnessary, she stopped. ''Whatever, I want to sleep first.''

''What happened to her?'' Yuri asked as she blinked her eyes multiple times in confusion. 

Sooyoung just shrugged and the two of them continued to eat their supper.

 

The next day, Mr and Mrs Yook arrived at the resort since they sat on the earliest plane from Seoul to Jeju. Two male teachers would stay with Sungjae's parent to help them to find their son while the other teacher would bring the students to continue the field trip. That day, they would be visiting the main attraction of Jeju.

Before departing to the next destination, Euna secretly went to meet Mr and Mrs Yook. The tears that she endure finally rolled down and wet her face. Mrs Yook hugged her as she comfort her that Sungjae would be found very soon. Mr Yook also assured her so that she could enjoy her field trip. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter