Chapter 4

Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone accepted the fact that Sungjae was officially dead as the police said. Mr and Mrs Yook had literally nothing to talk about after that. Although their friends and family visited them almost every single day, they remained silent like walking corpses. Mr Yook had not worked for more than a week already. 

 

''Do you see the newspaper this morning?'' 

''Yook Sungjae really died.''

''Oh my God, this is so unbelievable for something like this to happen in our field trip.''

''Poor Kang Mingjun for being the substitution of Yook Sungjae.''

Gossips surrounded the school. The news of Sungjae's dead spreaded like wild fire. As the Infinite members walked pass, they eavedropped every single bit of the gossip. 

''But this certainly isn't Infinite's fault. They did nothing to that stupid boy during the trip.''

''Agree. Even though they're aggressive something, they won't force someone to go to die.''

L was happy when he heard that no one blamed him and s for what they had done to that nerd. Having a decent looking face wasn't bad after all. People just trusted you easily and always stood at your side. A grin slowly formed on his face.  No one could stop him in Namyang High. 

A familiar silhouette walked towards the direction of Infinite. When that figure saw the appearance of Infinite, he spinned around and decided to flee but was stopped by them immediately, ''Stop, there!''

His movement became slow but he still walked forwards a few steps, wanted to avoid them, desperately. 

''I say STOP! Can't you hear me, you fool?!'' L exclaimed. Everyone in the hallway went silent as pairs of eyes gaze at that particular figure.

''Mingjun-ah,'' L approached Mingjun step by step and then he patted on his head like a dog. ''Are you trying to avoid me?''

Mingjun dared not to answer. He just kept his head down all the time. The stares and gazes made him felt semantically uncomfortable and he just wanted to leave the place immediately.

''Don't wanna answer?'' L's emotion change promptly. He was totally pissed off and he sent a punch on Mingjun's stomach causing him to fall onto the ground in excruciating pain.

''Next time, you better acknowledge me if you don't want to suffer another pain like this, you fool,'' L sussuranted in Mingjun's ear as he smirked and fled. The other Infinite member gave Mingjun a kick before they left. 

Mingjun held his pain and managed to stand up by himself without the help of anyone. After he was being targeted, no one would want to talk to him. He was a joke in Namyang High now.

 

 

Another fatigue day for Euna finally ended. She was absent-minded since Sungjae's death. She made sure she visit the Yook's house often to comfort the broken heart of Sungjae's parents. She tried so hard to hold back her emotion. She felt sorry for not being able to talk to Sungjae in school. She regretted that she didn't help Sungjae when he was bullied. She was apologetic.

Euna took out a photo album from her bookshelf and she began to flip it. One by one, she looked at the photos. The memories of Sungjae and she. There, she saw a photo of the two of them standing at the playground near their houses. They were eight during that time. 

 

Little Sungjae and Little Euna were playing together in the playground. Their mothers left them there to let them play for all they could. 

''Sungjae, go back with Euna to her house when you have enough fun. Umma will be there waiting for you,'' Mrs Yook said.

''Okay, umma. See you then,'' Sungjae and Euna waved goodbye to their mothers as they ran around at the playground. 

Little Sungjae was so not capable in physical activities. He ran slowly. He couldn't climb the monkey bar. He was afraid of the height of the slide. In contrast, Euna was actually quite athletic.

Euna sighed as she turned around and looked at Sungjae running while panting exhaustingly,''Sungjae, you're as a man! Can't you run faster?''

''You're just running too fast!'' Sungjae complained and he finally caught up her.

''Hmmm,'' Euna folded her arm. ''I think we should rest awhile since you look so tired, mama boy!'' she stuck up her tong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter