They Call Me Lim

New Life, New School, New Drama

"Dialogue"
"Thinking"
I walked into a  very small stadium like room that was tailored to earth benders and their needs. There where ten people in the room already excluding the teacher that stood at the front of the room staring at a clip pad talking animatedly to a male student, i noticed how everyone seemed to be extremely fit, but that was a given, since earth benders tended to be more physically fit than others. I walked over and stood next to a girl with short dark brown hair with one of the variations of the female version of the earth uniform. The uniform consisted of a yoga sports like bra top that was black with white and green accents and black pants of the same design with black foot straps. when i stood next to her she smiled at and turned her attention back to her phone, well okay. after several minutes one more person walked in and the teacher finally stopped talking to the student and turned  to the class and began to speak.
"Okay class today we are going to work on our form now please get into pairs and wait for further instruction." my life. i began frekaing out in my mind when i feel someone tap me on my shoulder
"Excuse me do you want to be partners?" it's the girl with the short hair that i was standing next to. Calming myself down i smiled
"Um yeah i would love to I'm Jia by the way."
"Lim." it seemed like she was going to say something else until the teacher spoke again.
"Okay class now as i have already said we will be working on our forms today so you'll be doing some friendly sparing with your partner. Remember I don't want you to use bending i just want you to work on your forms. okay begin."
Lima and i walk over to the northern part of the room so we would have room to work. We each get into our respective stance Lim in the Tiger style and i in the mantis style. nodding out heads we began to spar. I've always been more of a reactive fighter and it is quiet obvious that lim is an active one, she makes the first move and i dodge a fist aimed for my face, spinning around i aim a kick at her back but she turns swiftly and blocks with her arms. As we go back and forth for the next ten minutes or so i realize that we a pretty evenly match and i can only wonder what a fight would be like with actual bending.
"So where are you *grunts* from and why did you move here in the middle of the year?" i was finally able to land a kick to her abdomen. but she quickly retaliates and i think my ankle is slightly sprained from my fall.
"Well i'm form China and my dad got a promotion and the entire family had to move here, i suggested that i stay with some family and finish the school year but oh no my parents where not having." i tried standing but yep definitely strained. Lim noticed i was struggling and a worried look washed over her face but i quickly told her i was fine and she had no need to worry. She obviously didn't believe me because she came and helped me up onto one of the benches on the side of the room. The teacher came over to see if everything was okay and gave me an ice pack to stop the minor swelling hat was starting to happen. We where given the rest of the class off so we just sat their and talked.
"I feel you, i was an exchange student in china for a short while, while my mother was stationed up there for some job for about a year or two and when we first moved i was miserable." She leaned back and closed her eyes. "My parents dropped me off at some random school and i felt so lost and scared but i had no friends so no one was there to help and on top of that my mandarin was not the best, lets just say the kids where not gentle."
I didn't actually think i would find someone here that got what i was feeling but here i am. i think me and this lim girl could really get along she seems pretty cool and laid back, like she stays out of drama. We talk some more and the teacher says class is over so we all change back into our normal clothes. Lima and i both have earth studies next period so we walk to class together.
"wait so you dumped food all over Dahye as in Song Dahye! Wow you really know how to get your name out there your first day here."
"Bu-but i didn't even mean to it was a complete accident and then she acted like such a afterwards i stopped feeling sorry about it. like you."
"Well if you get in trouble just call me okay i'll help you out, i never liked her anyways i swear when it comes to fire benders there are two extremes for them they are either complete and total s or they are really cool socialites, like there is no in between for them."
"Yeah i know what you mean i have a friend back home named Zhoumi and he's a fire bender and i will say when i learned what his element was i was compleltly surprised because he was so cool."
"So you have a "Friend." why was she making quotation marks? oh no.
"What! No. you couldn't possible think that he's a "friend" "Friend right?' oh great now i'm doing them. "I mean sure he's extremely handsome but he's not exactly my type, we've just been friends since i was about ten and he helped me through some things."
At that moment our teacher comes in and begins the lesson. and just at that moment i actually believe that i could really start to enjoy this school.
Song of the Chapter: Domino Games by Kiss&Cry