Chapter Nine: Like Watching a Train Wreck; Anyone Bring Popcorn?

It All Started with a Big Bang...

(Recap in italics)

 

'Dear lord, get a grip on yourself, woman!' she internally chastised.  Although all of this ridiculous (in her opinion) internal angst went on over the course of about half a second, she was still surprised when he reached down and scooped up the hand at her side, that she had forgotten to offer to shake.  He shook it gently.

"What, were you going to skip me?" he teased.  Finally she pulled herself together somewhat.

"Haha, of course not," she replied - her perkiness sounding slightly forced now, but she was just busy thanking God she wasn't blushing.  She gave his hand a couple firm shakes. "It would be terrible of me not to give you ALL the SAME TREATMENT."  She unintentionally emphasized the last part ever so slightly.  She wasn't sure if he'd noticed, but Top, who looked like he was trying not to laugh at her, just smiled and nodded,

"Well goodbye.  I'll see you back here tomorrow."

He turned to leave, when Teacher Park called out to him,

"It's fine to greet her informally outside the classroom, but from now on I expect you to greet her the same way you greet me during the lesson.  She's your teacher afterall."

Top only grinned at this,

"Of course, I know," he replied, making his way toward the door. "Goodbye Teacher Park, I learned well."

"Goodbye," she responded brightly just before he disappeared around the corner.

 

Teacher Park turned back to Caden with a proud smile on her face.

"You had a great first day!" she announced happily. "Good to see you taking initiative in interacting with the boys.  I saw that you took quite a few notes.  Is there anything you'd like to ask me about?"

"Nothing at the moment, but I might change my mind later, once I go over them again.  I hope you don't mind," Caden replied cheerfully.

"Of course not.  That's what I'm here for," Teacher Park assured her. "I'm going to start taking my things down to the car.  It looks like I might have to make two trips... You don't mind waiting, do you?"

"Don't be silly - I'll take the rest for you," Caden offered.  Teacher Park smiled appreciatively.

"Thank you.  I'll go first, then and wait for you in the car," she said.  Caden nodded and began gathering up the remainder as Teacher Park walked out the door.  

After a few moments Caden followed, walking out of the classroom.  Once through the door, she immediately turned and smacked her forehead against the wall.

'What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?' she thought, smacking her head with each word.  She rested her forehead against the wall and sighed.  She stared down at the floor, hating herself for just a moment.  She was irritated, but more than that... she was surprised.  Almost in awe...  

She had literally never had these kinds of reactions before, especially over a boy.  Even the boys she'd loved - while there were times when they made her heart race - never turned her into a complete idiot on the inside.  None of the other members had caused this sort of feeling, especially after all the training she'd done (her making-fame-unimpressive video watching marathon in Japan had apparently been considered "training")!

She stared down at her feet, wondering what had gotten into her.  Just then her eyes widened as she came to a sudden (obvious) conclusion - it wasn't the fame that was turning her into a disgusting puddle of girly mush (internally).  This realization was both comforting (meaning she wasn't secretly some crazy fangirl) and not (she might be some moony, mushy, girly-girl).

She sighed again, scrunching her eyebrows together, determined to figure out what was going on with her.  He was incredibly attractive... But so what?  Attractive never affected her this strongly before.  Plus most of the other members were plently attractive!  There was his voice...  Mmm, melted dark chocolate wrapped in velvet - which would be extremely gross to eat, but is delicious to hear.  His eyes?  All deep and piercing and intense.  The fact that he's forbidden and a student?  The fact that she first took him for an attractive stranger before realizing that he was actually someone who had been fantasy fodder for years?  Was it meeting someone whose existence she was aware of, but never in a million years had expected her existence to be recognized by?

Oh gross...  She scoffed disgustedly.  It would be awful if it was because of any one of those things...

Then she realized - it wasn't any one thing.  It was all of them, together.  Her eyes widened as she considered this idea a little more.  It wasn't even so much about those things or him or any of it, really.  It was that she hadn't recognized all of these subconcious reactions going on even from the first time it happened two weeks prior.  Recognizing it now, she felt... relieved.  Now that she'd moved these thoughts to her concious mind, she doubted they would have much of an effect on her at all.

She smiled down at her feet before using her forehead to gently push herself away from the wall and stand up straight.  She felt completely refreshed.  It's not like she ever planned to go for him, so these weird thoughts hardly mattered anymore.  Satisfied that she was all figured out, she let out a pleased sigh.

Just then she thought she saw movement out of the corner of her eye.  She turned, but didn't see anyone.  Suddenly she remembered Teacher Park waiting and hurried down the stairs - her arms still full of the woman's things - not seeing anyone until she hit the lobby.

 

*     *     *

GD slouched out of class, shaking his head and chuckling.  He had to admit, when she wasn't irritating him, that new tutor could be pretty funny.  He leaned back against the wall just outside the door to wait for the other members to come out.  He listened to Seungri's introduction, rolling his eyes with a grin.  Ridiculous in front of a pretty girl, as always.  Daesung's was even more hilarious, making him laugh.  The two burst through the door in a big comotion.

"Hyung!" Seungri called upon spotting him. "Did you hear Daesung making fun of me?"

"You're coming to me for sympathy?" GD asked incredulously. "He went easy on you."  Daesung laughed loudly at this.  Just then Young bae hurried past them saying he had to hurry home, but wasn't specific about why.  Seungri and Daesung had begun to make their way slowly  down the hall, still bickering, totally oblivious to Young bae's presence.

All their noisy arguing had prevented him from hearing either of the last two introductions.  When they finally turned the corner and he couldn't hear them, GD heard Top.  He was using the voice he always used when he was being a smartass, saying goodbye to Teacher Park.  He appeared a moment later, spotting GD right away.

"Were you waiting for me?" he teased, grinning.

"Well, I was waiting for everyone, but those guys wandered off before you came out," GD replied.  Just then Top turned and looked at him seriously,

"Hey, were you as surprised as I was to see that girl from before is our new tutor?"

"Mmm," GD replied noncommittally. "So what do you think?"  Top looked thoughtful for a moment.

"She seems pretty good," he began slowly. "Kind of weird though... To learn from someone that cute and young.  Don't you think?  We've never been taught by someone so close to our age before..."

"Yeah, that's true," GD muttered, feeling a little resentful, but not exactly sure what about.  Top turned to head for the stairs when GD had a sudden flash of memory.

"Oh hyung, go without me," he said. "I just remembered - I should go talk to the choreographer while I'm here."

"Do you want me to wait?" Top asked.

"No, it's fine.  Go on ahead," GD answered.  Top nodded and headed down the stairs.  GD turned in the opposite direction, toward the practice studio where the office was, on the other side of that floor.  When he got there he found the office lights off and the door locked.

'I guess I'll have to talk to him another day,' he thought, wandering back toward the stairway.

He was walking past the hallway where they'd had class when the new tutor appeared.  She immediately turned and knocked her head on the wall where he'd been waiting not ten minutes before.  He paused, confused, watching as she hit her head a few more times before finally leaning her forehead against the wall, sighing heavily.

He looked around, unsure if he should interfere with this apparent self harm.  She seemed to have calmed down now.  She just stood there with her head against the wall, silently staring down at her feet.  He wondered what she could be so engrossed in that she hadn't even noticed him there.  

He leaned against the wall closest to the stairs, curious to find out if he was about to witness some kind of freak out - although he'd thought there would be no reason for that, since her first day had pretty much gone off without a hitch as far as he had seen.  The only bit of class he hadn't seen had been...

The girl sighed heavily again.  Suddenly Top's words floated through his head: '...someone that cute and young.  Don't you think?'  GD scoffed at this.  As if she was the kind of girl who could have that much of an effect.

Gazing at her, he could only see the side of her face and a few pieces of her strange colored hair that curled down her cheek.  Just then she grinned to herself, brushing the stray hairs behind her ear with one finger.  All of a sudden she straightened up by throwing her shoulders back, looking satisfied.  GD slunk around the corner next to him, into the stairwell.

Without really thinking, he hurried up one flight of stairs, stopping once he'd turned the corner and was out of sight of the third floor doorway.  He didn't really know why he felt the need to do this, but he didn't stop to question it.  He heard the sound of footsteps entering the stairwell below him and slowly descending.

When he couldn't hear them anymore, he poked his head out, glancing at the doorway to the third floor once more.  He sighed before slowly making his way down to the lobby.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise second chapter posted on the same day! :P

I really like the silliness of the narration in this chapter - it follows the mindset of the characters. :D

I hope you all like the updates.  Feel free to comment and subscribe.

Next chapter in a few days (for real this time)

:D