Chapter Fifteen: One is Silver and the Other's Gold

It All Started with a Big Bang...

It was early afternoon the following day as GD stood, knocking repeatedly on door 707, getting no answer from the room's occupants.  He had made plans to spend the afternoon with his long time friends Daniel and Yanggaeng - who also happened to be 2NE1's stylists - and some mutual friends of the three of them.

GD knocked once more, still getting no reply from inside.  He checked the time on his phone - it was 15 minutes after they had agreed to meet.  Sighing, he dialed Yanggaeng's number for the third time in the past ten minutes, shaking his head when it once again redirected to voicemail.  Feeling slightly discouraged by this, he glanced around the floor, scratching his head.  He heard the vague sound of someone walking across the hallway on the floor above and suddenly it came to him.

He shook his head good-naturedly, revitalized by his realization, and made his way to the stairs on the other side of the hall, taking them two at a time until he reached the next floor.  He made his way leisurely to the door across the hall and directly above the spot where he had been standing just moments before.  He gave a few sharp raps on the door and this time waited only a few moments before the door opened to reveal a surprised looking Minji.

"Ah, Jiyong oppa," she greeted. "I thought you might be Bommie unnie..."  She moved aside so that GD could enter.

"Unfortunately, you get me instead," he joked as he began removing his shoes. "Bommie noona didn't come over with you?"

"No, she was out running errands when I left, but I told her that I was visiting Chaerin unnie and Dara unnie's room, so she might come over when she's finished," Minji explained as she waited for him to get settled.

"And they still make you answer the door even when it's not your house?" he joked, locating a pair of guest slippers and putting them on.

"No, I volunteered to answer the door myself, like a good maknae," she answered, half joking, half challenging.

"Uh huh, sure you did," GD responded teasingly.

"Hey oppa, what's that supposed to mean?" Minji demanded, trying to sound angry, but unable to keep herself from laughing at his teasing.

"Where's Chaerin-ah?" he asked, finally stepping out from the entry way.

"She's with Dara unnie and the stylist oppas in the living room," Minji explained as they made their way into the house.  'I knew it,' GD thought to himself as they entered the living room to find Chaerin and Yanggaeng perched on the couch, while Daniel and Dara stood around them, all laughing together about something.

Yanggaeng spotted him first, calling out to him, causing the others to turn and look.

"Ah, Jiyong, is it time already?" he asked casually, glancing at his watch. "Oh, we've kept you waiting...  Sorry about that.  It seems time escaped us..."

"That's okay," GD replied, smiling. "It took me a while, but I finally figured out where to find you."  The others all called out their greetings to him.

"Hi Dara noona," he replied, slipping past her to plop down on the couch beside CL.  He directed his next greeting to her,

"And hello to you, girl-who-makes-men-distracted," he said nonchalantly, purposely phrasing his greeting in overly polite terms, as if they were strangers.

"Hul!" CL cried, feigning annoyance as everyone else laughed. "How am I to blame for them making you wait?  They didn't  tell us that they had plans with you!"

"Well they wouldn't have to tell you when they needed to be released all the time if you weren't a girl-who-makes-men-distracted."

The two guys snickered at this and CL gave GD her worst look.

"Ah, I don't know," Dara piped up rather deviously, "for some reason, the way Jiyong sunbae says it, this sounds more like a compliment than an insult..."  This caused Minji to crack up and the other guys to chuckle.  Now GD and CL were wearing matching looks of indignation, which only caused the girls to laugh harder.  CL pressed her fingers to her forehead, shaking her head back and forth several times in quick succession, trying her best to look put-upon.

"Aigoo, if only Bommie unnie were here," she lamented, "then you could spend your energy teasing her instead."  GD let out a combination laugh/cough at this.

"I only like to tease Park Bom noona so much because she's so easy," he joked. "It's more fun to tease Chaerin even though it takes more effort, because then it's all the more hilarious when it works."

"Ah, really," CL sighed without missing a beat, "Oppa's in this kind of mood today..."  GD only laughed at this.

"Alright kids," Yanggaeng said, chuckling as he stood. "I hate to spoil the fun, but it's time for the three of us to go before we make our friends wait too long."

"How did you become the one lecturing me about being late?" GD joked before standing as well.  Minji and Dara, who had been following CL and GD's back and forth with all the intensity of a couple of spectators at a tennis match, looked slightly disappointed that their show appeared to be over.  The three boys stood halfway out of the living room, waving goodbye.

"We'll be going first," Daniel said.

"See you later.  We'll see ourselves out," Yanggaeng announced, turning to leave.

"Have fun without us," GD called over his shoulder, still waving. "Say hi to Bommie noona for us."

"Bye Yanggaeng oppa, Daniel oppa, Jiyong oppa," CL called loudly as they turned down the hall.  They heard the other two call their goodbyes as they reached the entry way.

"Sorry for making you wait," Yanggaeng apologized casually again as they all began putting their street shoes back on. "How come you didn't call me before now?"

"I did call you," GD shot back laughingly. "You didn't answer your phone."

"Really?" Yanggaeng replied thoughtfully. "Then I must have left it in the hair dresser noona's room.  We were talking to her right before we came here.  I should probably get that before we leave."  The other two agreed and they left the girls' apartment, making a bee-line for the stairs.  They hurried down four floors and GD and Daniel waited outside while Yanggaeng retrieved his phone from the room.

"Got it," he said once he reappeared, clicking away on his phone. "It seems that they're already heading over there, so we'd better hurry."  With that, he began dialing the number of their friend, leading the way to the elevator.  Daniel followed, with GD trailing after.

As they made their way down the hall, GD suddenly remembered what floor they were on, looking up just in time to see Caden's door growing nearer.  He wondered if she was holed up inside, enjoying a lazy weekend in her newly single apartment, or if she had gone exploring after all.  GD heard what sounded like movement, but he couldn't be sure if it was coming from her room or not - or even if it was just in his head.  For a moment he was tempted to knock on the door and invite her out with them - Caden was the type who could fit in with any group, and it never hurt to make more friends.  Hadn't she just been complaining about how she hadn't had time to make any..?

"Jiyong, what are you doing?  Hurry up," Daniel's voice pulled GD back to reality.  Until he'd called out, GD hadn't realized that he had actually stopped in front of the apartment.  He looked up to see that his friends were already in the elevator - Yanggaeng still talking on the phone, and Daniel holding the door for him.

GD quickly jogged over to the elevator; the doors immediately closing behind him.  He turned just in time to catch a last glimpse of the door before the elevator clanked shut.  He settled in between his two friends, hoping that whatever Caden was up to, she was enjoying herself.

*     *     *

"Caden ssi?" came a male voice from behind her.  Caden spun around to see a fairly tall, handsome Korean boy looking at her quizzically from about ten feet away.  She smiled politely, glancing down at the names she had written on a small note card.

"Min Daeho ssi?" she asked.

"Yes!  So it is you," the boy said in Korean, seeming to relax as he walked over to her.  They bowed politely in greeting, then he offered her an enthusiastic American-style handshake.  Caden smiled in amusement, completing the gesture.

"You know, I was a little afraid that I got the wrong person," Daeho continued cheerfully, "Mi Kyong told me that the person I was supposed to meet was an English teacher who recently began living in the country, and I was surprised that someone so young looking could be that person."  Caden laughed.

"Yes, I'm that person," she said, smiling. "I often surprise people with my age.  So what made you decide that it was me after all?"  His smile dropped slightly at this.

"Oh, that..." he said, looking rather sheepish.  Caden was confused by his sudden change in mood.

"What is it?" she asked, truly curious.

"Well... you were the only foreigner I saw..." he revealed finally, sounding almost like a child caught cheating on a test.  Caden stared at him for a moment before letting out a single burst of almost inappropriately loud laughter, both at herself for not realizing the answer and at the boy for being so embarrassed to admit it - like he was worried it would hurt her feelings or something.  Daeho seemed initially surprised by her strange outburst, but almost immediately relaxed, apparently relieved by her amusement.

"Yes, of course that's the reason," Caden said, chuckling now as she looked around.  

The girl she had spoken to from the university, Mi Kyong - the one Daeho had mentioned earlier (and the other name she had written on her notecard) - had told her to meet at a certain recognizable statue in a park near the school, and that she and another English club member would meet Caden to take her around the city for the day.  Although the park was fairly crowded with people, being near a busy intersection - not to mention down the street from a large city university - it didn't seem to be much of a tourist spot.  Everyone walking by was either a business person or a student (although it was the weekend) and, like Daeho had said, she appeared to be the only non-Korean in the bunch.

She glanced back to find that, rather than the scenery, Daeho seemed to have been gazing at her.  Rather than appearing embarrassed or guilty that she had 'caught' him, he simply smiled brightly.

"Enjoying the sights of Seoul?" he asked sincerly.  Caden smiled back comfortably, finally turning back to face him.

"It's a very pretty spot," she affirmed.

"Well I've got a lot more sights where that came from," he said enthusiastically. "Ready to get started?"

"Lead the way," Caden said, smiling broadly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, I'm going to stop there for now.  I hope everyone liked the chapter.  2NE1 finally made an appearance!  Well, 3/4ths of 2NE1, but I made sure Bommie was mentioned.  Don't worry, we'll defintely be seeing her soonish. :D  And some more YG people made their cameo in the form of Yanggaeng and Daniel (I'm not sure if that's what they call him, but since that's his nickname, that's what I'm going with).  Gotta give some love to the 2NE1 stylist oppas. :P

And look!  Caden made a friend!  One that isn't her student!  Hahaha, personally I love Daeho as a character.  I hope everyone else likes him just as much. :D  We'll be seeing a lot more of him in the future. :P

Please comment and subscribe - let me know what you think. :)

Next update within a few days.  Thanks for reading!